No need to over-complicate things when searching for that healthy snack in the supermarket when an apple can provide you with so many nutrients. For a start, chewing on an apple is much better for your teeth than munching on a bag of sweets, as by biting and chewing on an apple you stimulate the production of saliva in your mouth, which helps to lower the levels of bacteria, reducing your chances of developing tooth decay.
An interesting study has found that drinking apple juice may keep Alzheimer’s disease at bay: those in the test that were fed an apple-enhanced diet had higher levels of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and performed better on memory tests than those on an apple-free diet.
Just in time for apple season, these recipes are sure to motivate you to don your apron and enjoy the natural sweetness that the delectable apple exudes.
1. Paleo Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Everyone loves a good pancake stack and this recipe taken from the Paleolithic (“Paleo”) diet is sure to leave you feeling satisfied without bloating–it’s grain-free.
Recipe @ Paleo Newbie
2. Gluten-Free Brown Sugar Apple Oat Muffins
Muffins get a bad reputation as being very unhealthy, but this recipe proves that doesn’t have to be the case. With their gentle-on-the-digestion gluten-free flour and antibacterial and antifungal coconut oil as the binder, they are sure to get the nod from even the most particular of nutritionists.
Apples are a great heart-friendly food as they are rich in soluble fiber that binds with fats in the intestine, going on to help to lower cholesterol levels.
Recipe @ 24 Carrot Life
3. Carrot Apple Mint Slaw with Yogurt Dressing
Summertime BBQs wouldn’t be complete without a homemade slaw. This recipe uses fresh mint to enhance its tastiness; it’s also good for the digestion and can be beneficial to those with asthma or depression when eaten regularly.
Recipe @ Sugar-Free Mom
4. Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips
By baking these apple chips as opposed to frying them, you are helping to preserve the precious nutrient profile they possess.
If you are engaged in a weight-loss program, you already know that being overweight poses an increased risk of developing heart disease, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and Type 2 diabetes. By eating more foods that are fiber-rich–such as the apple–you can stay fuller longer and curb unnecessary and unhealthful snacking that contribute to weight gain.
Recipe @ Je suis alimentageuse
5. Apple Pie in an Apple
“Pleasing to both the eyes and the stomach” should be the name of this recipe. It is not only simple and quick to make, but could also help to prevent hemorrhoids because of the fiber-rich apples in it. Although not life-threatening, the inflamed veins known as hemorrhoids can be very painful and distressing.
Recipe @ Desserts with Benefits
- 5,000+ Studies: Turmeric More Effective Than Leading Drugs For Diabetes, Arthritis And Cancer
Turmeric is a rhizome spice that has been used for centuries in India and other Asian countries. It is bright …
- Ketogenic Diet Benefits Cancer and Weight Loss
The Ketogenic Diet is making the rounds as a new “fad” and people are asking questions. In fact, this nutritional …
- 22 Tasty and Proven Detox Drinks That Will Help You Lose Weight
Juice is a healthy alternative to soda and other sweet drinks, isn’t it? It can be: juice prepared at home …
- Top 3 Foods You Absolutely Need To Avoid If You Have Muscle, Joint or Fibromyalgia Pain
For many people living with chronic pain conditions, finding the right balance in one’s diet can be a struggle. You …
- The 5 Healthiest & 5 Worst Condiments for Your Body
When it comes to how you like to dress up a hot-dog or hamburger, your options go beyond mayonnaise and mustard. Different …
- The World Health Organization Confirms: Coffee Does Not Cause Cancer As Long As You Don’t Do THIS!
Let’s be honest, you probably don’t feel like yourself until you have your morning coffee. And you’re not alone: about …
- 5 Herbs Your Liver Wished You’d Start Eating More Often (Or At Least Try!)
Good healthy herbs for liver function is essential. The liver is the largest solid organ in our bodies. It can …
- 4 Little-Known Benefits of Berberine (Very Few Know About This Amazing Alkaloid)
If you’ve never heard about berberine, you’re totally missing out! It has been around for hundreds of years and used …
- 2 Tablespoons a Day and Goodbye Belly Fat. This Drink Will Burn Stomach Fat Immediately
When was the last time you had a fat burning drink to get rid of all that belly fat? Belly …
- 16-Year-Olds Win Google Science Fair With a Simple but Brilliant Food Hack
A strange observation led to an innovative discovery and the top prize of Google’s 2014 Science Fair. While 16-year-old Emer …
- Amazing 78 Year Old Vegan Bodybuilder
Jim Morris was a competitive bodybuilder for 30 years, and became vegan within the past twelve. At 50 he was …
- Top 5 Alkaline Foods That You Should Be Eating
Increasing your consumption of alkaline foods can help protect your bones from degeneration and ward off the osteoporosis that tends …
- The Fat-Burning Coconut Cookies you Can Eat for Breakfast to Boost Your Metabolism
There are few things more satisfying than a good-for-you cookie. As health-conscious people, we forego junk food and added sugars …
- She Cuts The Strawberry — But NOT All The Way. The End Result? BEAUTIFUL!
Looking to add a touch of elegance to your next dinner party or simply trying to eat healthy? Try delighting …
- Top 10 Energy Boosting Foods
If you find yourself dozing off at work or really wishing you’d hit the snooze button another time, it may …