Your liver really goes through a lot.
As you go about your day, your body constantly comes into contact with toxic substances.
Everything from the air you breathe to the food you eat and even the products you put on your skin can cause your body to become overrun with toxins and heavy metals.
This makes your liver work overtime to try to clean your blood as much as possible. When this task becomes too much to bear, the organ diverts toxins into your fat cells, making you fat and sick.
If you’ve been feeling under the weather lately or you live in a town with high air or water pollution, try the following 5 herbs.
Your liver will thank you for it.
1. Milk Thistle
Milk Thistle is a respected treatment for alcoholic hepatitis, viral hepatitis and alcoholic cirrhosis. The herb also improves liver function and increases survival in people with cirrhosis or chronic hepatitis. It even protects the liver from toxins, mushroom poisoning and drugs like acetaminophen.
One compound found in this thistle, silymarin, stops cancer cells from dividing and reproducing, shortens the lifespan of cancer cells and reduces blood supply to tumors (1).
2. Chicory Root
This root has extensive medical history in ancient Roman, Persian, Arabian, and Indian tradition. It was commonly used to help cure jaundice, gallbladder and liver stones and protect the liver. It’s also used to fight inflammation, cancer urinary stones, constipation, indigestion, depression, and headaches (2,3).
3. Blessed Thistle
Blessed thistle is a bitter tonic often used to prevent gas and bloating caused by fatty meals. It promotes detoxification by increasing urine and sweat production. It also helps the liver repair itself and supports the liver’s own detoxification and regeneration processes (4).
One study from the University of Illinois discovered that glucosinates, a compound found in watercress and other dark leafy vegetables, allows the liver to detoxify cancer-causing carcinogens (6).
5. Sheep Sorrel
This herbs is used for its laxative effects, with occur through an increase of mucous and water into the intestine. This effect can also increase nutrient absorption and reduce inflammation.
It’s even one of the main ingredients in cancer-fighting Essiac tea. In fact, a Hungarian study found that the Sheep Sorrel herb, and a number of its Sorrel relatives, demonstrated substantial cell growth inhibitory activity in multiple cancerous cell lines (7,8).
- This Guy Was Born With Just One Arm… Watch Him Annihilate All Your Gym-Skpping Excuses
Excuses are the only things preventing most people from getting into shape. That’s why Luke Ericson’s strategy for dealing with this is simple: …
- This Old School Russian Remedy Will Clean Out Your Liver With Only ONE Ingredient!
We find ourselves damaging our liver almost all the time; eating all the wrong foods and indulging in bad habits. …
- Keep One of These Plants In Your Home To Protect You From Radiation, Chemicals And Cigarette Smoke
But did you know that plant also filter out airborne toxins? In fact, plants can metabolize some toxic chemicals and …
- Why This Photo of Breast Milk Is Going Viral And The Shocking Difference Between The Two!
Whether its through bacteria or pheromones, our bodies communicate in subtle ways. When it comes to the relationship between a …
- Over 100 Highly Toxic Chemicals Are Found in Perfumes (Here’s How to Make Your Own!)
Public places such as offices and gyms are becoming increasingly intolerant of products with strong scents, like perfume. This is …
- Why You Should Stop Buying Hand Sanitizer Immediately…See What It Does To Your Skin!
Hand sanitizer is the of the most common household products in the United States. Most families and schools rely on …
- 5 Proven Tips for Sleeping Better at Night
Most people don’t get enough sleep, which can lead to countless health issues ranging from difficulty concentrating and headaches to …
- Boy Loses 75% of His Eyesight Because of This Small Toy That You Probably Have At Home
tag: laser pointer injury According to ABC, a Tasmanian teenager suffered a serious injury to his vision by playing with a …
- 10 Natural Antibiotics MORE Powerful Than Conventional Medicine!
When you have a cold, do you reach for your medicine cabinet or for your fridge? Although conventional medication has …
- 4 Best Facial Exercises To Get Rid of Wrinkles, Eye Bags And Double-Chins
Face yoga is a real thing. Just like how working out your muscles helps keep your body slim, exercising the muscles …
- Infographic Shows The Differences Between The Diseases We Donate To And The Diseases That Kill Us
People donate money to causes that matter to them personally but there are obviously those that are more “popular” than …
- The Common Habits You Need To Stop Immediately To Cut Your Dementia Risk In Half
For many, it’s their worst nightmare: coming to the twilight years and being unable to function independently, unable to perform …
- 2 Easy Ways to Prepare Nettle Syrup To Help Cleanse Your Blood and Clear Your Arteries
Nettle syrup is commonly used for blood cleansing, but it’s also useful against allergies, inflammation and hypertension. Those with asthma …
- Avoid These 5 Toxic Chemicals to Preserve Your Health
As consumers become more and more aware of the impact of their purchases, they are beginning to show concern for …
- Here’s What You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Baking Soda (From Fighting Heartburn To Cancer)
Baking soda is one of those things that can do pretty much anything. Whether you use it for cleaning, personal hygiene …