Testosterone plays an important role in the health of men.
Testosterone levels are highest during teenage years and early adulthood but they slowly decrease over time.
Many major health problems are tied directly to low testosterone levels and scientists are beginning to look to testosterone as the key to battling the aging process.
Here are some health risks associated with low testosterone levels.
Anemia occurs when you body does not produce enough red blood cells. It is a major health concern because blood cells transport oxygen to keep your body functioning properly.
Anemia can sap your energy away and cause disruptions to vital processes. Recent research proves that low levels of testosterone produce a high risk of anemia in men and women.
Many times doctors treat anemia with iron supplements and medication to boost red blood cell production. The root cause of anemia, especially in aging men, is likely to be declining testosterone levels.
A diet rich in foods that promote testosterone production might help prevent anemia and its harmful health consequences.
2. Cardiovascular Problems
This is a frequently debated topic in the scientific community, however many studies show a link between heart problems and low testosterone.
Preliminary clinical trials suggest that testosterone supplementation may help men with heart disease. The best medicine, however, is preventative medicine.
A natural diet that can stimulate testosterone levels might be effective at presenting cardiovascular problems. Many researchers worry and argue over potential risks of testosterone injections or supplementation, so a healthy diet approach is usually the best course of action to prevent low levels.
One area where testosterone therapy is known to help is with insulin response. Diabetes is the result of your body failing to react to insulin—in some cases your body becomes insulin resistant.
A recent study demonstrates a connection between testosterone supplementation in people with diabetes and an improved insulin response. This suggests that low levels of testosterone might be a risk factor for diabetes.
Research published by the University of Goteborg in Sweden proves that increasing testosterone levels can help middle-aged men lose weight. There is a direct link between metabolism and testosterone. Men with lower testosterone levels are more likely to store nutrients as fat, particularly as abdominal fats.
The Swedish study suggests that improving testosterone levels over the course of eight months results in weight loss, improvements in blood pressure, cholesterol decrease and better insulin response. The fact is that obesity and the health conditions related to it might be a clear sign of low testosterone levels.
What we are really talking about with all of these symptoms is aging. Getting older is the primary indicator of low testosterone levels. There is nothing you can do about getting older. Research indicates that as you age, testosterone drops.
Because the studies investigated here demonstrate that many of the conditions and diseases associated with old age are really the result of low testosterone, it’s clear that testosterone replacement or methods of keeping testosterone levels high are the key to preventing the aging process. Recent research argues that, in older men, testosterone replacement is justified, as it improves the health condition of aging men.
-  http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=410603
-  http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/jcem.82.2.3766
-  http://www.eje-online.org/content/154/6/899.short
-  http://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/1335979
-  http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/jcem.86.2.7219
- World’s Most Popular Multivitamin Is Useless And Contains Toxic Chemicals And Artificial Colors
“That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” While this may be true for …
- Wearing Sunscreen May NOT Prevent Skin Cancer, Study Claims
Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States; in the last 30 years, people have manifested skin …
- Aerobic Exercise Increases Brain Function In People With Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia is one of the most severe brain disorders known to man. There are many cases of people being unable …
- Mainstream Media Finally Admits U.S. Honey Is Contaminated With Glyphosate Weed Killer
When we think of honey, we think of a basic, sweet, nutritious superfood that is delicious, versatile, and a completely …
- Florida Dad Invents a Bed To Minimize The Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
After becoming a father, a Florida man has created a new infant safety bed that may significantly reduce the risk of …
- STOP Adding Splenda To Your Morning Coffee! Here’s What It Does To Your Body…
You were right to avoid artificial sweeteners. As reported by UPI, a new study links sucralose, sold as Splenda, to …
- 4-Ingredient Coconut Milk Ice Cream: The Ultimate Metabolism-Boosting Dessert!
There’s nothing like a nice cone of ice cream to make you feel refreshed on a summer evening. While there …
- Scientists Examine Brain Cells While Healing Intention Is Directed Towards Them – Here’s What Happened
Spiritual healing practices like Reiki and Johrei are often relegated to the realm of pseudoscience, which is why it’s so …
- The Worst 5 Phones To Carry On You If You Want To Avoid Cancer
Cell phones do a great job at connecting people. The problem is, they may be slowly poisoning us with every call …
- Are You Washing Your Hands Correctly?
You probably wash your hands more times a day than you can count, but if you’re like most people, it’s …
- Chewing Broccoli And Watercress Unlocks Natural Compounds That Kill Cancer Cells Within 24 Hours
You’ve probably heard of eating foods of every color of the rainbow throughout the day, but if you have a …
- Have You Ever Heard Of Lymph Leakage? It Might Be The Reason You Can’t Lose Weight
Weight loss isn’t a simple matter for everyone. In fact, obesity has multiple causes that don’t always include overeating or …
- 5 Ways To Stop Absorbing Other People’s Negative Energy
Nothing can bring you down as much as being around negative people. So how do you prevent people’s negative energy …
- 7 Herbs That Help Reduce Stress Naturally
There’s nothing good about stress – multiple studies show that stress is associated with weight gain, cardiovascular issues, and countless …
- Want All the Amazing Benefits of Coconut Oil? Then Make Sure You Buy the RIGHT Kind!
We’ve been hearing a lot about coconut oil lately; whether it’s about the oil’s value in the kitchen or its …