Detoxifying your body doesn’t stop at your liver, you also have to focus on tissues that accumulate heavy metals and acid build-up.
And since your kidneys filter the blood, it’s no wonder that they can really take a hit when you’re living a less than ideal lifestyle.
Other organs worth clearing up include the heart, joints and lungs.
To clear up your body and get a fresh start, try this 3-ingredient 3 minute smoothie for a healthy kidney detox.
Tropical Celery Kidney Kicker
Kick your detox into high gear with this delicious drink.
Its high fiber content also helps your liver get rid of excess waste.
- 3 large organic celery stalks
- 3 sprigs of parsley
- 2 slices of pineapple
- Chop up the pineapple and rinse it off.
- Clean the celery and parsley and chop into small pieces.
- Blend all the ingredients with a little lemon water and pulse until smooth.
- Add a bit of water at a time if it’s still too thick.
- Drink a cup in the morning and another in the evening for a week straight for best results.
- To take it as a complete meal, add a handful of almonds and 2 tablespoons of oats.