Detoxifying your body doesn’t stop at your liver, you also have to focus on tissues that accumulate heavy metals and acid build-up.
And since your kidneys filter the blood, it’s no wonder that they can really take a hit when you’re living a less than ideal lifestyle.
Other organs worth clearing up include the heart, joints and lungs.
To clear up your body and get a fresh start, try this 3-ingredient 3 minute smoothie for a healthy kidney detox.
Tropical Celery Kidney Kicker
Kick your detox into high gear with this delicious drink. Its high fiber content also helps your liver get rid of excess waste.
- 3 large organic celery stalks
- 3 sprigs of parsley
- 2 slices of pineapple
- Chop up the pineapple and rinse it off.
- Clean the celery and parsley and chop into small pieces.
- Blend all the ingredients with a little lemon water and pulse until smooth.
- Add a bit of water at a time if it’s still too thick.
- Drink a cup in the morning and another in the evening for a week straight for best results.
- To take it as a complete meal, add a handful of almonds and 2 tablespoons of oats.
Pineapple is low in potassium, making it a good choice for people with chronic kidney disease (1). Its intense juicy flavor covers up some of the strong taste of parsley. It’s often used to help manage osteoarthritis and swelling of the digestive tract (2). It also contains cancer-fighting bromelain, as well as thiamin, vitamin B6, copper, vitamin C and manganese (3).
Celery is chock-full of dietary fiber that keeps your bowels healthy and clean. It also contains antioxidants like quercetin and phenolic acids that fight inflammation and oxidative stress. The healthy veggie is used to treat treating joint pain, lower blood pressure, fight cancer and soothe the nervous system (4). Plus, it’s very low in calories.
Parsley isn’t just a garnish, it’s also a healing food. In fact, it’s a powerful diuretic used to treat urinary tract infections (UTIs), kidney stones (nephrolithiasis), and edema. It even works against osteoarthritis, anemia and high blood pressure. However, parsley should be avoided by pregnant women as it can cause miscarriage (5).
- Ginger, Honey and Cinnamon Mixture to Reverse Inflammation, Colds, Flu, Cramps, Diabetes And Cancer
Tea is often the first thing we reach for when we aren’t feeling well. While green tea has many benefits, …
- 5 Mouth-Watering Apple Recipes
No need to over-complicate things when searching for that healthy snack in the supermarket when an apple can provide you …
- How To Make Your Own “Tea of Immortality” At Home With This Foolproof Recipe
The origin of Kombucha is a thing of legends. Depending on whom you ask, you may get a completely different …
- Cleanse Your Body of Toxins By Drinking This Cucumber Water Recipe
Staying hydrated isn’t just important in the summer; we need to be sure we’re getting enough fluids year-round. Many bodily …
- 5 Nourishing Carrot Recipes. #3 Will Make You Drool.
Many parents try telling their children that the more carrots they eat – the better they will be able to …
- 3 Amazing Tonics To Help You Detox And Recover From Chemotherapy
Detoxing is an important part of recovery from any illness, but it’s especially important when the treatment for that illness …
- 27 Must-Try Avocado Recipes for You and Your Family
Avocados are a health nut’s favorite fruit, and rightly so. Packed with nutrients, delicious fats, filling fiber, and creamy goodness, …
- Pine Needle Syrup For Lung Inflammation, Bronchitis and Respiratory Ailments
Here’s a simple recipe for a syrup that can be added to tea and other hot beverages or drunk on …
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Drink Parsley Tea with Lemon and Honey
Parsley is an herb that’s often used as garnish. You’ve probably noticed quite a few restaurants doing this. Yet, this medicinal plant …
- 5 Energy-Boosting Chia Seed Recipes
Chia seeds contain more plant-based omega-3 fatty acids than flax seeds, and have also been traditionally used as a source …
- How to Use Baking Soda to Treat and Prevent Acid Reflux
When acid reflux hits, the one thing you want is instant relief. It is often referred to as heartburn because …
- 3-Ingredient Recipe Makes For a Powerful Drink That Promises To Detoxify And Energize The Body!
This easy-to-make beverage is perfect for having over breakfast, and contains ingredients that will aid in digestion, boost your immune …
- 5-Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Sweet Potato Brownies With Almond Butter, Cocoa And Maple Syrup
However, most brownies are full of inflammatory ingredients like processed wheat and sugar. If you want a delicious treat that …
- Native American “Root Beer”: A Homemade Tonic to Purify Your Blood
The root beer we find on the grocery store shelves today is a far cry from its healthful ancestor. Homemade …
- This Aloe Vera Smoothie Is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory With Over 200 Active Enzymes!
Aloe vera has an intimidating appearance, but it is full of beneficial nutrients – containing at least 20 minerals, 12 …