The human body is very complex.
That’s why modern medicine tends to dissect the human body and isolate vital systems from one another.
Not only does it make it easier to understand how each system works, but it also facilitates giving a proper diagnosis when something isn’t right.
However, your body isn’t a mass of independent structures, it’s a complex machine where cells rely on one another and systems communicate with each other constantly (1).
While there are many ways by which your body choreographs its daily activities, one of its main languages is the pH level of your blood. Knowing this helps to remove acid build up.
Why pH is Important
Your pH level (potential hydrogen level) is the measure of how acid or alkaline your body is (2).
It affects every physiological activity in your body, including immunity, metabolism and even pain perception.
pH also plays a role in cell signalling. When your cells can’t communicate properly and perform their tasks, your body becomes prone to disease, fatigue and weight gain (3).
Each system has its ideal pH range and the health of each cell depends on how well your body can stabilize its pH levels. For example, the stomach has a pH of between 1.5 to 3.5 (4). If the stomach is too alkaline (alkalosis), digestion becomes impaired and you can begin to feel nauseous or faint (5). When the stomach is too acidic (acidosis), good bacteria are killed off and bad bacteria thrive, leading to problems like ulcers, internal bleeding and malnutrition (6).
Acidosis is a very common and underdiagnosed condition in modern times because of high levels of stress, lack of sleep, unhealthy diet and sitting all day. These are all factors that are causing the blood of most Americans to become more and more acidic. While there have been some cases of alkalosis (too alkaline) the condition is less prominent and a lot easier to correct.
When your cells get sick, so does your body. Incorporate the following tips into your daily routine to balance out your pH levels and help keep yourself in prime health.
How To Stay Balanced
To keep your body balanced, incorporate the following tips into your daily routine and remove acid build up.
- Incorporate more alkaline or neutral foods into your diets such as fruits, nuts, legumes, and vegetables.
- Reduce your intake of acidic foods by avoiding meats, fowl, and refined sugars and flours.
- If you’re planning on eating meat, make sure you to balance it out with alkalizing vegetables.
- Start your day with ACV water by incorporating 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar for every 8-12 ounces of water. Pineapple juice is also a great alternative to balance out acidity.
- Make your own pH drink and take it after acidic meals. You’ll need to combine 2 teaspoons of lemon or lime juice with ½ a teaspoon of baking soda in a tall glass and let it foam. Once foaming has subsided, add in 8-12 ounces of water and drink immediately (7).
- Eat more potassium-rich foods such as sweet potatoes, beet greens, beans and dried fruits.
- Purchase a PH test online to check your acid levels and adjust your diet until you find what’s right for you. It’s best to consult a naturopath before you attempt to monitor your pH levels on your own.
- Choose olive or coconut oil over other vegetable oils as these are less acid forming (8).
- Stay hydrated be sure to get in plenty of water each day and replenish your electrolytes after exercise or excessive sweating.
- Go green by incorporating green juices made of dark leafy vegetables into your daily diet.
- Breathe deeply by doing some simple breathing techniques to take in more oxygen and prevent respiratory acidosis (17).
- Supplement with digestive enzymes to help balance your body’s pH levels and overcome acidosis.
- 4 Antiviral Herbs And How To Use Them
The virus is a different creature than the bacteria. Some people find viruses “scarier” because antibiotics have no effect on …
- Do These 2 Things Everyday To Protect Your Brain From Alzheimer’s
There is an outdated school of thought which believes that once you’ve reached physical maturity, your brain ceases to make …
- He Puts a Tea Bag Inside His Car For One GENIUS Reason Not Many People Know!
Do you love tea? If you’ve got tons of tea bags sitting in your kitchen cabinet then you’re in for a …
- 10 Most Overlooked Causes of Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a rheumatic condition that causes widespread aching, stiffness and burning pain that spreads to other local areas of …
- 27-Year-Old Man Credits This Special Diet For Surviving Stage-4 Brain Cancer
There has been a ton of media and attention given to the Paleo Diet in the last year or so. …
- BigPharma’s Sanofi Pasteur Refuses To Recall Contaminated Vaccine
Yet another reason to distrust commonly administered vaccines has come to light, thanks to local news outlet The Morning Call …
- The Shocking Reason Why You Need To Boil Cinnamon Before Using It For Weight Loss
If you didn’t already know, cinnamon is often used in weight loss recipes. And the reason for that is because eating …
- Natural Salve Recipe Combines The Soothing Effects of 4 Ingredients For Quick Pain Relief
Many health-savvy consumers are starting to avoid skincare products that contain petroleum, which goes into many commercial skincare products as …
- Top 15 Quotes That Best Describe Chemotherapy
The cancer industry tells us some of the most magnificent lies about the safety of toxic chemotherapy treatments and long-term …
- THIS Oil Relieves Pain FASTER Than Both Pain Meds and ALL Other Natural Remedies
What do you do when you experience muscle pain? If you’re like most Americans, you probably open up your bathroom …
- How to Grow an Endless Supply of Lemons From Seed (This Will Last You a Lifetime)
Learning how to grow a lemon tree from seed is surprisingly rewarding and easy. While lemon trees tend to flourish outdoors year-round in …
- 10 Nutrients To Prevent Liver Damage Caused By Over-The-Counter Drugs
The liver is a very important organ. One of its main tasks is to filter or break down anything you …
- Doctors in UK Propose Ban on Cigarettes for People Born After 2000
In a bold and courageous move, the British Medical Association (BMA) passed a motion to pressure enactment of a law …
- New Study Confirms Not so Surprising Fact About Weight Loss
I imagine this one will be all over the news today, and superficially I can certainly see why – a …
- ‘Good Bacteria’ On Your Skin Help Regulate Immune Function
Healthy skin, like a healthy gut, should have a diversity of microorganisms on it, according to a new study. What is …