Losing weight is something many people struggle with, but it doesn’t have to be a constant battle. By boosting your metabolism with simple dietary supplements, you can help your body to burn fat even as you sleep.
It can be as simple as increasing your intake of a specific herbal tea, or incorporating more spices into your diet. These all-natural foods are generally affordable and accessible, so follow these three simple tips to help boost your metabolism and burn more fat.
1. Drink More Green Tea
Green tea stimulates your metabolism and helps burn calories, so brew yourself a pot and drink three to four cups throughout the day. The effects of green tea on metabolism are mild, but still significant(1); recent studies have shown that green tea can definitively help with weight loss and weight management(2). Green tea intake is also strongly associated with lower risk of cardiovascular disease(3).
2. Spice It Up
Spices like ginger and cayenne pepper are associated with weight loss, and are common ingredients in many herbal weight loss formulas. But you don’t have to take them in pill form to reap the benefits of these herbs and spices; these are easy to incorporate into cooking with simple recipes, making them a great addition to any weight-loss diet.
In a recent study, ginger was able to significantly reduce the body weight in rats(4); these results have also been confirmed by other studies(5). Cayenne has been shown to boost metabolism and promote weight loss as well(6). Other herbs and spices with weight loss promoting properties include turmeric(7), as well as garlic, cinnamon and black pepper(8,9).
3. Honey And Cinnamon
Finding natural sweeteners can be a challenge, and some will tell you to avoid honey and use plant-based sweeteners like stevia instead – however, honey – especially raw, organic honey – has a whole host of health benefits, including being beneficial for weight control, and being a novel anti-diabetic agent(10).
An 8-week randomized clinical trial studying the effects of honey consumption in diabetic patients found that substituting honey for other sugars had a positive impact on patients’ weight, as well as their blood glucose levels(11).
If you combine these methods with a healthy diet rich in lean proteins, dark green vegetables, and other anti-inflammatory foods you’ll be well on your way to weight loss sooner rather than later. Plus, all of these tips are tasty, and the ingredients they require are easily found at your local grocery store.
- Eating Healthy Keeps You Slim and Reduces Your Risk of Declining Memory By 24%, Study Finds
Many people start adopting healthier eating habits in order to slim down, but we rarely hear about people eating healthier …
- Cuba Developed a Lung Cancer Vaccine And It’s Now Heading to The U.S. For Clinical Trials
For the past 55 years, a US-led trade embargo on Cuba has ensured that technological advances made by the country …
- Laser Technology Provides New Painless Way To Test Blood Sugar Levels Without Puncturing Your Skin
A new laser device designed to test blood sugar levels could revolutionize the lives of people with diabetes everywhere, researchers …
- Muscle Supplements Like Creatine or Androstenedione Increases Your Risk of Testicular Cancer
Supplements are all the rage these days! From vitamin supplements for normal people to multivitamins for pregnant mothers to protein …
- According To This Study, Your Blood Type Could Influence Your Chances of Developing Alzheimer’s
Many people worry about the possibility of developing Alzheimer’s disease, especially those with a family history of it. Now, recent …
- Researchers Successfully Identify Biomarkers In Spit That May Help Detect Alzheimer’s
Alzheimer’s is a disease with devastating effects, and the number of people suffering from it is only expected to rise over …
- Studies Reveal THIS Raw Food Could Be ‘The Answer’ To Resistant Superbugs (And It’s Sweet!)
Antibiotic resistance is a major issue facing healthcare providers today, giving rise to the prevalence of “superbugs” that can’t be …
- Rural Africans Were Asked To Eat an American Diet For 2 Weeks…What Happens Next is Alarming!
Many contemporary diets contain large amounts of red meat, fat, and sugar – which can put you at increased risk …
- Biomarkers In Urine Test Help Doctors Detect Early Stage Pancreatic Cancer With Over 90% Accuracy
Of all the different forms of cancer, pancreatic cancer has one of the lowest five-year survival rates. This is in …
- Incredible Video Captures Man Playing His Guitar While Surgeons Work To Remove Brain Tumor
Guitarist Eddie Van Halen once famously said that playing the guitar wasn’t as difficult as brain surgery(1). That may or …
- Taking a 45-Minute Nap During The Day Can Improve Your Memory by Fivefold, Study Finds
Who doesn’t love a good nap? While naps are considered important for children in early phases of development, they are equally …
- New Blood Test Helps Detect Breast Cancer Five Years Before It Develops With Amazing Accuracy
Breast cancer is a problem much more serious than most of us realize! Did you know that: 1 in 8 …
- Researchers Expose How Fluoride In Water Supply Is Making Us Sick and Depressed
New research from the Centre for Health Services Studies at the University of Kent is leading to calls for more …
- Having Trouble Sleeping? It’s Not Your Fault! Scientists Find “Wide Awake” Gene That Sabotages Sleep
Are you struggling to have a good night’s sleep? Are you the kind of person that spends their nights lying …
- Cannabis Oil Cured Girl’s Leukemia After HPV Vaccine Broke Down Her Body
Did you know that many children who have received the Gardasil vaccine have also been affected by leukemia and other …