Losing weight is something many people struggle with, but it doesn’t have to be a constant battle. By boosting your metabolism with simple dietary supplements, you can help your body to burn fat even as you sleep.
It can be as simple as increasing your intake of a specific herbal tea, or incorporating more spices into your diet. These all-natural foods are generally affordable and accessible, so follow these three simple tips to help boost your metabolism and burn more fat.
1. Drink More Green Tea
Green tea stimulates your metabolism and helps burn calories, so brew yourself a pot and drink three to four cups throughout the day. The effects of green tea on metabolism are mild, but still significant(1); recent studies have shown that green tea can definitively help with weight loss and weight management(2). Green tea intake is also strongly associated with lower risk of cardiovascular disease(3).
2. Spice It Up
Spices like ginger and cayenne pepper are associated with weight loss, and are common ingredients in many herbal weight loss formulas. But you don’t have to take them in pill form to reap the benefits of these herbs and spices; these are easy to incorporate into cooking with simple recipes, making them a great addition to any weight-loss diet.
In a recent study, ginger was able to significantly reduce the body weight in rats(4); these results have also been confirmed by other studies(5). Cayenne has been shown to boost metabolism and promote weight loss as well(6). Other herbs and spices with weight loss promoting properties include turmeric(7), as well as garlic, cinnamon and black pepper(8,9).
3. Honey And Cinnamon
Finding natural sweeteners can be a challenge, and some will tell you to avoid honey and use plant-based sweeteners like stevia instead – however, honey – especially raw, organic honey – has a whole host of health benefits, including being beneficial for weight control, and being a novel anti-diabetic agent(10).
An 8-week randomized clinical trial studying the effects of honey consumption in diabetic patients found that substituting honey for other sugars had a positive impact on patients’ weight, as well as their blood glucose levels(11).
If you combine these methods with a healthy diet rich in lean proteins, dark green vegetables, and other anti-inflammatory foods you’ll be well on your way to weight loss sooner rather than later. Plus, all of these tips are tasty, and the ingredients they require are easily found at your local grocery store.
- Scientists Discover That Living Near Trees Is Good For Your Health
It’s been shown that there are significant cognitive and psychological benefits to being exposed to nature, but in a recent …
- Sleep Apnea Responsible For Early Memory Loss And Cognitive Decline, Study Finds
It’s a well-documented fact that sleep is good for your brain. When you sleep: Your brain is able to consolidate …
- She Won The Nobel Prize in Medicine By Combining Ancient Knowledge With Modern Science
You may have heard about Tu Youyou’s recent win of the Nobel Prix in physiology and medicine for the discovery …
- Heart Risks Spike Just 2 Weeks After You Drink Something Sweetened With High-Fructose Corn Syrup
Are you at risk for developing cardiovascular disease? Perhaps the most commonly understood risk factors for cardiovascular disease are weight …
- Solar Panel Farm Grows 17,000 Tons Of Food Without Soil, Pesticides, Fossil Fuels Or Groundwater
Farming is probably the world’s oldest profession and something that is obviously universal to every culture and race in the …
- With Less Than a Year Left of Water Supply, California Wants To Turn Sea Water Into Drinking Water
According to experts like Jay Famiglietti, a senior water scientist at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California is currently experiencing …
- This Father-Daughter Duo Wanted To Know How Music Affects Pain…They Were Not Disappointed!
Music can affect us in all kinds of ways – from soothing our moods and helping us get to sleep(1) …
- Eating 30g of Dietary Fiber a Day Can Help Prevent Diabetes, Study Finds
As of 2012, approximately 29.1 million Americans had diabetes, according to the American Diabetes Association. That’s 9.3% of the population …
- Just One Night of Sleep Loss Is Enough To Alter The Genes In Your Cells
Many of us think very little of messing with our sleep schedules. Students pull all-nighters when studying for (or celebrating …
- Onion Extract Can Help Lower Blood Sugar Levels, Study Shows
A recent study has researchers wondering if onion extract could be the key to new therapies for individuals with diabetes. …
- Here’s What Happened To Beijing’s Sky When It Decided To Take 5 Million Cars Off The Road
Air pollution is bad for you and the environment. In the same way that second-hand smoke can kill, air pollution can …
- Johnson & Johnson Loses Again, Jury Awards Woman $70m For Baby Powder Causing Her Cancer
In another high-profile case, a California woman has won 70$ million in her lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson. She claimed …
- A Father and Son’s Genius Beehive Invention Let’s You Harvest Honey Without Disturbing Bees!
While the health effects of honey are well-researched and thoroughly documented, harvesting honey has long been the domain of professional …
- According To This Microbiologist, You’ve Been Pooping Wrong Your Whole Life And It’s Hurting You
If you’re squeamish about poop this may not be the article for you, but the fact is, most of us …
- Two Minutes of Walking For Each Hour Spent Sitting Can Drastically Improve Health, Study Says
We all know that a sedentary lifestyle isn’t ideal, but many people just can’t help it: they have jobs that …