Turmeric is a popular spice, particularly in India, where it is added to many dishes not only for it’s distinctive flavour, but for its health benefits as well.
In addition to being a food additive, turmeric has a whole host of health benefits, most notably it’s anti-inflammatory effects.
This drink combines turmeric with several other health-promoting ingredients. Rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, this drink will help treat pain and inflammation associated with arthritis and other chronic pain conditions, as well as give you plenty of vitamin content for overall health.
Orange-Turmeric Juice Recipe
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 5 cm piece of fresh ginger
- 5 carrots
- 2 lemons
- 1 orange
- 1 cucumber
Peel the citrus fruits and chop up the ginger and carrots. Blend all the ingredients together in a blender or juicer and serve chilled. For best results, drink this juice in the morning, half an hour before your breakfast.
How It Works
Lemons are a great natural source of vitamin C, which is good for the immune system. But did you also know vitamin C can also increase your iron absorption and lower your risk of stroke? All the more reason to make this drink a part of your daily diet.
A strong digestive aid, ginger is used to treat multiple sources of nausea, including morning sickness and nausea from chemotherapy. Recent studies have also found that ginger has anti-inflammatory effects and can be used as such to treat arthritis and other chronic pain conditions.
Full of Vitamin A, carrots are often thought to be the ultimate health food – and for good reason. The juice from these vegetables can prevent or slow the development of cancer, in addition to being a great source of essential nutrients.
The real hero of this drink, turmeric has been recognized by doctors and scientists alike for its powerful anti-inflammatory effects, making it ideal for therapeutic use against conditions like arthritis. It can also be used to treat other chronic pain conditions, such as fibromyalgia, and more minor conditions like heartburn. It is also effective against stomach ulcers and indigestion.
- Want To Make Guacamole That Tastes Just Like Chipotle’s? Here’s What You’ll Need.
Avocados are a food that seems to embody our constantly evolving understanding of what’s good for us. Once shunned for …
- 5 Detox ‘Shots’ To Alkalize Your Body First Thing In The Morning
Ever wonder why mornings are so rough? Your body’s ph levels may be responsible. While you sleep, your body is …
- Mix Turmeric, Mango and Pineapple For a Delicious Smoothie Recipe
Turmeric is a great spice – distinctive yet versatile, it’s useful in all sorts of dishes, but isn’t usually used …
- The Turmeric-Cauliflower Flatbread Recipe That Fights Inflammation And Cancer With Every Bite
Cauliflower isn’t the most exciting vegetable for most people, but it really does deserve a place on your grocery list. …
- 27 Turmeric Recipes That Will Spice Up Your Life
Turmeric is the superfood that makes our cooking dazzle. But it does ever so much more than simply flavor and color our food. Cooking …
- Try This Tasty Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie With Ginger, Coconut Oil and Green Tea
Chronic inflammation in the body leads to advanced aging and disease. It can be caused by many different factors including …
- He Fills An Ice Cube Tray With Fresh Herbs. The Reason? GENIUS!!
Do you ever wish you could use fresh herbs in all your cooking? We buy fresh dill, basil, cilantro, oregano, …
- Here’s How To Make Your Own Kombucha Tea (You’ll Love This Probiotic-Rich Beverage!)
Kombucha is a fermented tea drink that has been gaining popularity recently due to many claims about its health-promoting properties. …
- Fermenting Turmeric In a Naturally Carbonated Soda Increases Its Bioavailability (Try This Recipe!)
We know about the potential health benefits of turmeric, a popular Indian spice that has been shown to have potent …
- 5 Sweet Tooth Satisfying But Healthy Apricot Recipes. #5 Will Boost Heart Health.
Summer-ready apricots are a great and healthy way to satisfy your urge for something sweet, but also jam packed with …
- Beyond Guacamole: 6 Creative Avocado Recipes
Avocados are a fantastic source of monounsaturated fats, as well as a number of vitamins and minerals. You’re probably most …
- 5-Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Sweet Potato Brownies With Almond Butter, Cocoa And Maple Syrup
However, most brownies are full of inflammatory ingredients like processed wheat and sugar. If you want a delicious treat that …
- This 3-Ingredient Homemade Syrup Helps Relieve Sore Throat and Cough
A sore throat is one of the easiest ways to detect the common cold. The virus causes inflammation in your …
- Chocolate Treats Without the Guilt
Chocolate is a guilty obsession for millions of people. But what if you could have your chocolate without the remorse? …
- Juicing Recipes For That Irritating Sore Throat
Many of the foods in your local supermarket could actually be better at helping an irritating sore throat than over …