Turmeric is a popular spice, particularly in India, where it is added to many dishes not only for it’s distinctive flavour, but for its health benefits as well.
In addition to being a food additive, turmeric has a whole host of health benefits, most notably it’s anti-inflammatory effects.
This drink combines turmeric with several other health-promoting ingredients. Rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, this drink will help treat pain and inflammation associated with arthritis and other chronic pain conditions, as well as give you plenty of vitamin content for overall health.
Orange-Turmeric Juice Recipe
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 5 cm piece of fresh ginger
- 5 carrots
- 2 lemons
- 1 orange
- 1 cucumber
Peel the citrus fruits and chop up the ginger and carrots. Blend all the ingredients together in a blender or juicer and serve chilled. For best results, drink this juice in the morning, half an hour before your breakfast.
How It Works
Lemons are a great natural source of vitamin C, which is good for the immune system. But did you also know vitamin C can also increase your iron absorption and lower your risk of stroke? All the more reason to make this drink a part of your daily diet.
A strong digestive aid, ginger is used to treat multiple sources of nausea, including morning sickness and nausea from chemotherapy. Recent studies have also found that ginger has anti-inflammatory effects and can be used as such to treat arthritis and other chronic pain conditions.
Full of Vitamin A, carrots are often thought to be the ultimate health food – and for good reason. The juice from these vegetables can prevent or slow the development of cancer, in addition to being a great source of essential nutrients.
The real hero of this drink, turmeric has been recognized by doctors and scientists alike for its powerful anti-inflammatory effects, making it ideal for therapeutic use against conditions like arthritis. It can also be used to treat other chronic pain conditions, such as fibromyalgia, and more minor conditions like heartburn. It is also effective against stomach ulcers and indigestion.
- How To Make Your Own “Tea of Immortality” At Home With This Foolproof Recipe
The origin of Kombucha is a thing of legends. Depending on whom you ask, you may get a completely different …
- Recipes from the Pantry: Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an interesting and less frequently used alternative to white, balsamic, or red wine vinegar, with all …
- How to Make Chai Tea. (Reduce Inflammation, Strengthen Immunity, and Improve Digestion)
Suffering from indigestion or coming down with a cold? No problem! This unique chai tea recipe will help strengthen your …
- How To Make Turmeric Tea That’s Both Delicious And Healthy
If you are taking ibuprofen tablets (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin & Nurofen) for everything ranging from headache, backache and other muscular aches …
- Eating Your Trees: Fun and Healthy Broccoli Recipes
Broccoli is rich in fiber, vitamin C, and tons of phytonutrients, and it’s available just about year round. While you …
- Drink This 2-Ingredient Beverage If You’re Concerned About Your Cholesterol Levels
This drink is loaded with natural antioxidants, as well as nutrients which naturally help lower LDL, or “bad” cholesterol levels. …
- How To Make Water Kefir Using ONLY 3 Simple Ingredients!
I’d heard of kefir before – the milk based cultured yoghurt like beverage which many non vegans consumed for its …
- Make 7 Days Worth of Breakfast In Just One Day With This Easy Oatmeal Hack
Steal-cut oats usually take about 40 minutes to cook. Nobody wants to spend that kind of time first thing in the …
- Simple Homemade Syrup Cures Cough And Removes Phlegm From The Lungs
You’ve probably heard a lot about how carrots are good for your eyes, but you’ve probably never heard that they …
- 6 Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Did you know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? It’s never a good idea to skip …
- This Turmeric-Lentil Soup Will Protect You From Type 2 Diabetes, Dementia and Cancer
Soup is one of the best ways to get a variety of nutrients while staying properly hydrated. Whether it’s finding …
- Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Almond Milk, Banana and Raw Honey
Oh, my. This looks so incredibly delicious that we may have to put it at the top of the “gotta …
- 3 Amazing Tonics To Help You Detox And Recover From Chemotherapy
Detoxing is an important part of recovery from any illness, but it’s especially important when the treatment for that illness …
- A Shot of This 4-Superfood Juice Is a Sure Way To Fire Up Your Immune System
Nothing is more inconvenient than a spring cold – that’s why this recipe is such a lifesaver. If you’re feeling …
- How To Make Any Greens Taste Good In Under 10 minutes And 4 Other Recipes Worth Trying
Dark, leafy greens are amongst one the most nutrient-packed vegetables on Earth. Most people have a hard time getting enough …