Cauliflower isn’t the most exciting vegetable for most people, but it really does deserve a place on your grocery list.
For what it lacks in taste, cauliflower certainly makes up for in nutrients. In fact, it’s full of vitamin C and K as well as heart-healthy and gut-healthy fiber. Its couscous-like texture is perfect for making baked goods like hash browns and cauliflower “rice”.
If you’re curious to see how great cauliflower can be, give this delicious flatbread recipe a try.
Turmeric Cauliflower Flatbread Recipe
Use it as a base for your favorite sandwich or snack. It goes great with ingredients like beets, mashed avocado, hummus, and juicy sliced tomatoes. If you prefer, toast it and spread with almond butter for a tasty breakfast.
- 2 cups raw riced cauliflower
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 teaspoons turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- 4 eggsIn a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture to the tray and flaten into an even rectangle. The layer should be about 1/2-centimeter thick
- Bake at for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and remove from tray.
- Slice the flatbread into 8 pieces and serve alongside hummus or a nice savory spread.
Almond meal is high in beneficial fats as well as protein. This means that it keeps you full and satisfied long after your snack (4).
Almond meal works really well as a gluten-free flour option for baked goods like cookies, cake, pancakes, and cookies, but it’s also perfect for moist breads. If you can’t find it in your local natural health food store, make your own by placing raw almonds in a coffee grinder.
Turmeric is flavorful, colorful, and incredibly medicinal. You can use it to soothe a sore stomach, fight inflammation to manage conditions like arthritis, and even improve your mental health. Plus, turmeric is great for countless other diseases and conditions, including diabetes.
Better yet, turmeric has incredible cancer-fighting properties that can be used for prevention as well as a complimentary treatment.
- Unhealthy Gut Flora Increases Your Risk of Deadly Diseases such as Stroke and Diabetes
Researchers from Georgia State University have used improved technological approaches to further demonstrate the role that healthy gut flora plays …
- 11 Ways Dehydration Could Be Making You Fat And Sick
The average human body is around 70% water. By not drinking enough water we are causing a whole raft of …
- Fatigue, Vitamin Deficiencies, and Diabetes: 7 Health Problems that Your Hands are Warning You About
The eyes may be the windows to the soul but your hands may be the windows to your blood and …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- Add 2 Tbsp. Of This Coconut Oil Mixture To Your Morning Coffee To Burn A TON Of Calories
Do you drink coffee every morning? If yes, the following coffee creamer recipe is definitely something you’ll want to try (if …
- The 5-Minute Yoga Routine That Can Help Restore Thyroid Levels
Yoga entails more than black stretchy pants and planks. It’s an Eastern practice that goes back thousands of years, an …
- The Real Truth: Antidepressants Actually Deplete These 3 Crucial Nutrients for the Brain
Antidepressants are one of the most prescribed medications out there. But how much do you know about the side effects …
- Sleepless Children Are Aging Faster At A Cellular Level
The importance of sleep is often overlooked but it really can’t be over-emphasized. While you sleep, much of your body …
- Here’s The Homemade Cannabis Oil Recipe That People Are Using as a Chemo Alternative
People have been increasingly becoming aware of the anti-cancer benefits of cannabis over the last few years. Many studies done …
- How To Grow Aloe Vera At Home (And Health Benefits)
Aloe Vera is a member of the Old World succulent group known as Aloaceae. The plant has numerous healing properties …
- 72 Uses For Simple Household Products To Save Money & Avoid Toxins
Many cleaning products available on the market contain harmful toxins. Prolonged use of these products can cause skin irritation and …
- 10 High-Protein Vegetables You Need to Start Eating Today
Protein is the building blocks of muscles as well as bone, skin, hair, and nearly every other part of your …
- 7 Minutes. No Equipment. One Science-Backed Core Workout That Works
Working out is difficult for most people to do on a regular basis. The main issue that arises is making …
- The Many Benefits of Coriander Seed Oil and How to Use It
Coriander is a savory spice used extensively in Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine. It is the seed of the cilantro …
- 4 Diet Mistakes You’re Making that Only Create More Belly Fat
Many people (especially men) find that they accumulate abdominal fat that’s very hard to get rid of. This is especially …