Cauliflower isn’t the most exciting vegetable for most people, but it really does deserve a place on your grocery list.
For what it lacks in taste, cauliflower certainly makes up for in nutrients. In fact, it’s full of vitamin C and K as well as heart-healthy and gut-healthy fiber. Its couscous-like texture is perfect for making baked goods like hash browns and cauliflower “rice”.
If you’re curious to see how great cauliflower can be, give this delicious flatbread recipe a try.
Turmeric Cauliflower Flatbread Recipe
Use it as a base for your favorite sandwich or snack. It goes great with ingredients like beets, mashed avocado, hummus, and juicy sliced tomatoes. If you prefer, toast it and spread with almond butter for a tasty breakfast.
- 2 cups raw riced cauliflower
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 teaspoons turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- 4 eggsIn a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture to the tray and flaten into an even rectangle. The layer should be about 1/2-centimeter thick
- Bake at for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and remove from tray.
- Slice the flatbread into 8 pieces and serve alongside hummus or a nice savory spread.
Almond meal is high in beneficial fats as well as protein. This means that it keeps you full and satisfied long after your snack (4).
Almond meal works really well as a gluten-free flour option for baked goods like cookies, cake, pancakes, and cookies, but it’s also perfect for moist breads. If you can’t find it in your local natural health food store, make your own by placing raw almonds in a coffee grinder.
Turmeric is flavorful, colorful, and incredibly medicinal. You can use it to soothe a sore stomach, fight inflammation to manage conditions like arthritis, and even improve your mental health. Plus, turmeric is great for countless other diseases and conditions, including diabetes.
Better yet, turmeric has incredible cancer-fighting properties that can be used for prevention as well as a complimentary treatment.
- 10 Vegan Recipes That Cheese Addicts Will Love
1. Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese This one is a classic. Recipe here. 2. Roasted Sweet Potato and Bean Quesadillas …
- Incredibly Effective Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie Made With Pineapple, Turmeric and Tart Cherry Juice
There’s nothing like a bout of inflammation to keep you cooped up in your home and unable to move. And …
- 5 Surprising Reasons Why You Need To Stop Throwing Away That Pickle Juice (Such a Waste!)
Pickles are a versatile and tasty snack, but when you’re finished with a jar of pickles you’re usually left with …
- Figs Are One of The Most Alkaline Fruits Available. Alkalize Your Body to Prevent Cancer!
Fig trees date back as far as Neolithic times and were known to exist circa 9400–9200 BC in the Jordan Valley. …
- 5 Nutrition Rules You Never Knew About but Should
In the quest to perfect your physical health while also maintaining a healthy weight, it often seems that there are …
- 4 Mind-Blowing Facts About Avocados
Avocados have been called the perfect food by some, and this title doesn’t come simply from its role as the primary …
- Study Reveals what Really Makes up Fast Food Chicken Nuggets
Recently, a study made waves when it revealed fast food chicken nuggets are a whole lot less chicken meat and …
- How Spinach Can Boost Your Physical Fitness and Muscle Strength
Popeye had something right! It turns out that, thanks to the inner workings of both our cells and plants’ cells, …
- Why You Should Start Drinking Ginger Tea And Here’s The Correct Way To Make It
There’s nothing better than a steaming cup of tea to start your day. While green tea has its benefits, why …
- 8 Foods You Can Eat Raw To Fight Inflammation
Inflammation is a natural part of our bodies’ immune response, but at the same time, chronic inflammation can be seriously …
- Decayed Meat Treated With Carbon Monoxide to Make It Look Fresh At The Grocery
Did you ever wonder how the meat sold in the grocery store always looks so fresh? Have you thought about …
- 4 Little-Known Ways This Spiky Food can Help Protect You from Colon Cancer
Is your doctor pushing you to get a colonoscopy, but your instincts are saying don’t do it? If so, it’s …
- 3 Reasons to Consider Switching to This Naturally Pink Looking Salt (No. 1 It’s Rich In Minerals!)
Salt is an essential nutrient that our bodies require for transporting nutrients into and out of our cells, regulating blood …
- Time To Replace Synthetic Folic Acid Fortification Programs and Stick to Natural Folates
Folic acid is the synthetic version of folate, vitamin B9. Folate is necessary for the creation of DNA and RNA. …
- 6 ￼Mistakes To Avoid When Using Garlic As An Antibiotic
Garlic is commonly used as a natural alternative to antibiotics – it can be used to treat infections and viruses, …