Cauliflower isn’t the most exciting vegetable for most people, but it really does deserve a place on your grocery list.
For what it lacks in taste, cauliflower certainly makes up for in nutrients. In fact, it’s full of vitamin C and K as well as heart-healthy and gut-healthy fiber. Its couscous-like texture is perfect for making baked goods like hash browns and cauliflower “rice”.
If you’re curious to see how great cauliflower can be, give this delicious flatbread recipe a try.
Turmeric Cauliflower Flatbread Recipe
Use it as a base for your favorite sandwich or snack. It goes great with ingredients like beets, mashed avocado, hummus, and juicy sliced tomatoes. If you prefer, toast it and spread with almond butter for a tasty breakfast.
- 2 cups raw riced cauliflower
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 teaspoons turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- 4 eggsIn a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture to the tray and flaten into an even rectangle. The layer should be about 1/2-centimeter thick
- Bake at for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and remove from tray.
- Slice the flatbread into 8 pieces and serve alongside hummus or a nice savory spread.
Almond meal is high in beneficial fats as well as protein. This means that it keeps you full and satisfied long after your snack (4).
Almond meal works really well as a gluten-free flour option for baked goods like cookies, cake, pancakes, and cookies, but it’s also perfect for moist breads. If you can’t find it in your local natural health food store, make your own by placing raw almonds in a coffee grinder.
Turmeric is flavorful, colorful, and incredibly medicinal. You can use it to soothe a sore stomach, fight inflammation to manage conditions like arthritis, and even improve your mental health. Plus, turmeric is great for countless other diseases and conditions, including diabetes.
Better yet, turmeric has incredible cancer-fighting properties that can be used for prevention as well as a complimentary treatment.
- 12 Juicing Recipes That Keep You Out of Bed While You’re Traveling
We all know that there are health issues that you might suffer from when travelling such as dehydration from sun …
- Pine Needle Syrup For Lung Inflammation, Bronchitis and Respiratory Ailments
Here’s a simple recipe for a syrup that can be added to tea and other hot beverages or drunk on …
- How To Make Your Own Raw Banana And Almond Butter Ice Cream
As the weather heats up, the hunt is on for refreshing, cold snacks that are also good for you. A …
- 5 Nourishing Carrot Recipes. #3 Will Make You Drool.
Many parents try telling their children that the more carrots they eat – the better they will be able to …
- 5 Athlete-Building Beetroot Recipes
Beetroot has taken center stage since the 2013 Paralympics when athlete David Weir won four gold medals and boasted it was …
- Drink This Fat-Burning Ginger And Coconut Oil Smoothie to ACCELERATE Weight Loss
Whether it’s getting warmer or colder, it seems like each change in season wakes up a ravenous hunger. This can …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- Infuse Your Honey With Ginger In 20 Minutes For A Quick Immune System Boost
With winter just around the corner, most people are dreading the advent of cold season. Aside from staying warm and …
- Want To Make Guacamole That Tastes Just Like Chipotle’s? Here’s What You’ll Need.
Avocados are a food that seems to embody our constantly evolving understanding of what’s good for us. Once shunned for …
- Cannabis Coconut Oil – Easy Recipe Combats Pain, Nausea, Seizures, and More
As scientific research takes baby steps into the medicinal qualities of cannabis, we find the door opening to an infinite …
- 5 Tasty Cherry Recipes That Will Give Your Body a Much Needed Boost In Melatonin
No one can resist the sweet tartness of a cherry. It turns out there is much more the cherry can …
- 5 Sweet Tooth Satisfying But Healthy Apricot Recipes. #5 Will Boost Heart Health.
Summer-ready apricots are a great and healthy way to satisfy your urge for something sweet, but also jam packed with …
- These Super Healthy Turmeric Coconut Cream Cups Are Easy To Make At Home!
If you’re looking for a way to get more superfoods into your diet. This recipe is going to be your …
- How To Make Any Greens Taste Good In Under 10 minutes And 4 Other Recipes Worth Trying
Dark, leafy greens are amongst one the most nutrient-packed vegetables on Earth. Most people have a hard time getting enough …
- Try This Tasty Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie With Ginger, Coconut Oil and Green Tea
Chronic inflammation in the body leads to advanced aging and disease. It can be caused by many different factors including …