The leaf of the Peruvian Graviola tree was discovered nearly 25 years ago as a wonderful way to prohibit abnormal cell division – in other words, cancer – and similar diseases of metastasizing, unhealthy cells.
Graviola contains cytotoxic compounds that destroy cancer cells with ‘lethal precision’ while leaving healthy cells unharmed.
By seeking out cells higher in the production of ATP, this tree’s natural compounds are able to kill cancer cells and leave healthy ones alone.
Graviola has been tested widely in over 20 labs since the 1970’s, but many of the results have not been published (or released to the public, more likely).
But the National Cancer Institute confirms that the tree’s active compounds attack and destroy cancer cells exceptionally well[1,2,3]. It has been shown to be effective in treating malignant cells in 12 different types of cancer, including colon, breast, prostate, lung, and pancreatic cancers.
Compared to a commonly prescribed cancer drug, Adriamycin, often given to chemotherapy patients, Graviola is said to be 10,000 times stronger than the drug at halting cancerous cell division.
These results were confirmed at the Catholic University of South Korea and published in the Journal of Natural Products. Purdue University has also found that Graviola leaves are anti-tumorous. Even tumors that were resistant to chemotherapy treatments responded well to the active compounds in Graviola leaves.
Other Benefits of Graviola
Graviola is also called soursop and guyabano, or the scientific name, Annona muricata. While the fruit-bearing tree can also be used medicinally by utilizing the fruit, roots, and bark, the leaves themselves contain the highest concentrations of the active ingredient, acetogenin.
Soursop also helps with endocrine system problems, and supports the liver, kidneys, thyroid, pancreas, intestines, gall bladder, ovaries, and prostate. It has even been shown to reduce brain tumors and halt breast cancer. The tree grows all over Mexico, Cuba, the Caribbean, Central America, and northern South America.
Graviola does have a few contraindications. Pregnant women should not take high doses since a fetus also produces high levels of ATP (like cancer cells), and the seeds and roots can be neurotoxic, where alkaloids are highest in concentration. The leaves and pulp of the Graviola fruit are safe; however, and the leaves contain the highest levels of acetogenins, anyhow.
-  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8991944
-  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9747542
-  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21767082
-  http://pubs.acs.org/action/doSearch?action=search&searchText=pawpaw+Adriamycin&qsSearchArea=searchText&type=within&publication=40026036
-  http://www.cancernetwork.com/display/article/10165/1298303
-  http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002314.htm
-  http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/disclaimer?msk_disclaimer_herb=1&destination=%2Fcancer-care%2Fherb%2Fgraviola
- 11 Anti-Aging Veggies To Preserve The Youth of Your Brain, Skin And Heart
Sometimes looking and feeling younger is as simple as changing what foods you give your body to work with. Read …
- Researchers Discover Link Between Cancer, Thyroid Disorders and Iodine Deficiency
A recent study discovered unusually high levels of a specific thyroid hormone, as well as thyroid peroxidase and thyroglobulin antibodies, …
- 10 Probiotic-Rich Foods To Keep Your Digestive Tract Happy
It’s important to keep your digestive system chock-full of probiotics to promote a healthy digestive system. Probiotics are bacteria that …
- 7 Foods That Help Keep Your Hunger Hormones In Check
When your stomach is empty, the way it informs us is efficient – and often troublesome for those who are …
- 3 Valentine’s Day Indulgences That Also Support Your Health
With cupid’s holiday approaching quickly, it’s a welcoming thought that there are actually delicious Valentine’s Day treats that are also …
- Here’s 600 Proven Reasons Why Turmeric May Be The World’s Most Important Herb
(originally written by Sayer Ji) There is a medicinal spice so timelessly interwoven with the origins of human culture and metabolism, so …
- Juicing Recipes For That Irritating Sore Throat
Many of the foods in your local supermarket could actually be better at helping an irritating sore throat than over …
- 2 Tablespoons a Day and Goodbye Belly Fat. This Drink Will Burn Stomach Fat Immediately
When was the last time you had a fat burning drink to get rid of all that belly fat? Belly …
- Study: Vegetarian Blood Is 8X More Effective at Killing Cancer Cells
Eating junk food may taste good but it leaves us feeling sluggish afterward. We walk through the aisles at the …
- Peppermint Oil Might Be the Answer to Some of Your Health Concerns
The essential oil of peppermint is used for a variety of things, and the scent is quite popular for everything …
- Study Shows That Medications For Migraine Relief Are No More Effective Than Ginger
Ginger is a natural remedy known to help relax blood vessels in the head, reduce inflammation and activate natural opiates …
- 5-Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Pistachio Bark With Cacao, Coconut Oil and Raspberries
There’s nothing like a decadent slice of chocolate cake or a nibble of a creamy chocolate bar to keep your …
- Glyphosate: What You Don’t Know Might be Killing You
Rock on, Sisters. Never underestimate the power of a mother protecting her child. Two mothers’ organizations are focusing their efforts …
- 5 Ways To Spot Unhealthy Coconut Water And The 6 Worst Brands To Avoid
Coconut water is well-known as a popular health drink, with many benefits – as a post-workout beverage to help you …
- Surprising Health Benefits of Purple Potatoes
Most of us are used to seeing and eating the typical white or yellow fleshed potatoes. You may even eat …