The leaf of the Peruvian Graviola tree was discovered nearly 25 years ago as a wonderful way to prohibit abnormal cell division – in other words, cancer – and similar diseases of metastasizing, unhealthy cells.
Graviola contains cytotoxic compounds that destroy cancer cells with ‘lethal precision’ while leaving healthy cells unharmed.
By seeking out cells higher in the production of ATP, this tree’s natural compounds are able to kill cancer cells and leave healthy ones alone.
Graviola has been tested widely in over 20 labs since the 1970’s, but many of the results have not been published (or released to the public, more likely).
But the National Cancer Institute confirms that the tree’s active compounds attack and destroy cancer cells exceptionally well[1,2,3]. It has been shown to be effective in treating malignant cells in 12 different types of cancer, including colon, breast, prostate, lung, and pancreatic cancers.
Compared to a commonly prescribed cancer drug, Adriamycin, often given to chemotherapy patients, Graviola is said to be 10,000 times stronger than the drug at halting cancerous cell division.
These results were confirmed at the Catholic University of South Korea and published in the Journal of Natural Products. Purdue University has also found that Graviola leaves are anti-tumorous. Even tumors that were resistant to chemotherapy treatments responded well to the active compounds in Graviola leaves.
Other Benefits of Graviola
Graviola is also called soursop and guyabano, or the scientific name, Annona muricata. While the fruit-bearing tree can also be used medicinally by utilizing the fruit, roots, and bark, the leaves themselves contain the highest concentrations of the active ingredient, acetogenin.
Soursop also helps with endocrine system problems, and supports the liver, kidneys, thyroid, pancreas, intestines, gall bladder, ovaries, and prostate. It has even been shown to reduce brain tumors and halt breast cancer. The tree grows all over Mexico, Cuba, the Caribbean, Central America, and northern South America.
Graviola does have a few contraindications. Pregnant women should not take high doses since a fetus also produces high levels of ATP (like cancer cells), and the seeds and roots can be neurotoxic, where alkaloids are highest in concentration. The leaves and pulp of the Graviola fruit are safe; however, and the leaves contain the highest levels of acetogenins, anyhow.
-  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8991944
-  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9747542
-  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21767082
-  http://pubs.acs.org/action/doSearch?action=search&searchText=pawpaw+Adriamycin&qsSearchArea=searchText&type=within&publication=40026036
-  http://www.cancernetwork.com/display/article/10165/1298303
-  http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002314.htm
-  http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/disclaimer?msk_disclaimer_herb=1&destination=%2Fcancer-care%2Fherb%2Fgraviola
- Top 10 Foods Rich In Vitamin C
If you want to look and feel healthy, your first step is getting enough vitamin C! It helps fight infections, …
- Low-Carb Vs. Low-Fat: Which Wins in the Diet Wars?
We hear about new diets all the time and each sort of sounds good at the beginning but after a …
- 10 Little-Known Ways You’re Making Your Vegetables LESS Nutritious
Eating your greens can be complicated. How you prepare your veggies is an important factor in how much nutrients they’ll provide. …
- The 10 Most Cancer Causing Foods
Over the past few decades many common food items have been linked to increased cancer risk. Here are the 10 …
- 10 Foods That Act as Appetite Suppressants
#1 Beans These little legumes contain a substance called cholecystokinin, a digestive hormone that acts as a natural appetite suppressant. …
- Avoid Bloating – 3 Combinations of Foods You Don’t Want to Eat
No one likes that uncomfortable, bloated feeling but do you know what causes it? Here are three combinations you will …
- 5 Natural Life-Saving Medicines
Nature holds an abundance of natural live-saving medicines. For thousands of years and perhaps longer, people have relied on natural …
- Aspartame Turns Into Formaldehyde And Methanol In The Body: Donald Rumsfeld Got It Legalized
Processed foods may be approved by the FDA, but they aren’t without controversy. Aspartame, commonly sold as NutraSweet® and Equal®, …
- 8 Medically-Based Reasons to Consume Coconut Oil Every Day (No. 1 Boosts Good Cholesterol Levels)
Coconut oil has until recently been considered a bad thing to include in your diet because of its saturated fat …
- Is Eating Like a Caveman Healthy or Crazy?
The paleo diet (from “Paleolithic,” also known as the caveman diet) has, literally, been around since the Stone Age. In …
- A Little Girl’s School Project Shows Us What Happens When We Try To Grow Grocery Store Potatoes
A science project gone awry. A young girl named Elise was assigned a science project. Her grandmother suggested she grow …
- Break Off Your Sugar Addiction To Prevent Cancerous Cells From Growing
The connection between sugar consumption and cancer is real. Cancer cells by nature are designed to consume sugar. In fact, cancer …
- Is Butter Good For You?
In his Seven Countries study, Ancel Keys, an American scientist concluded that saturated fats, like those found in butter, were …
- Walnuts Are Drugs, Says FDA
You have GOT to be kidding. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is responsible for exhaustively testing and regulating …
- 2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar Before Bed Will Have THIS Effect On Your Blood Sugar Levels
Apple cider vinegar is used for a lot of different purposes – people use it to wash their hair, aid …