In most cases, high cholesterol is an indication of an unhealthy lifestyle of fatty foods and lack of exercise. Over time, fat deposits accumulate in your blood vessels, making you more prone to heart disease and stroke (1). While many Americans rely on cholesterol-lowering medication, these drugs have recently come under fire for their many side-effects and health risks.
While the best way to manage high cholesterol is to eat well, relax and workout, you may need an extra boost to help you in you health journey. Here’s an easy recipe that will clear your arteries right up!
German Cholesterol Tonic
The following recipe has been passed down for centuries in Germany. It’s been used to heal many diseases related to cholesterol, fatigue, cold and even infections.
In addition to being helpful against high cholesterol levels, this recipe can also boost your immune system and detox your liver.
- 4 organic lemons, with peel
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 4 whole garlic
- 2 liters (½ gallon) water
- Wash the lemons and slice thinly.
- Peel and crush the garlic, setting it aside to activate its protective compounds.
- Place everything but the water in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Meanwhile, boil water in a small saucepan.
- Once boiling, add the blended mixture to your water and stir. Boil for 5-10, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Once cooled, strain the liquid and pour into glass jars with lids.
- Drink one jar of the liquid on an empty stomach two hours before every meal for 3 weeks. If needed, take a spoonful of honey after each glass to chase away the taste.
- Next, take a week off and repeat the treatment for 3 more weeks.
You’ll feel the results in no time!
Ginger improves cardiovacular health by preventing atherosclerosis, lowering cholesterol levels, and preventing the oxidation of low density lipoprotein (LDL). In fact, the root reduces cholesterol-related blood vessel damage by 44% and LDL levels by 33% (2).
Ginger also helps regulate clot clotting to prevent heart attack or stroke as well as lower blood sugar level to help manage type 2 diabetes (3). It can even boost your immune system and fight off infection.
Lemon contains vitamin C, which lipids and cholesterol in the blood with just 30 days of daily ingestion. Combine with vitamin E, vitamin C can reduce LDL levels by 20-30%. Pectin in the pulp also helps to reduce cholesterol levels by up to 11% (4).
- How to Start Reversing Any Autoimmune Condition In Weeks
According to a worldwide study of autoimmune diseases published last year, “Epidemiological data provide evidence of a steady rise in …
- Sitting All Day Isn’t Just Bad for The Body, It’s Also Killing Your Memory
It’s no secret that sedentary desk jobs contribute to decreased physical health, and now there’s an additional alarm being sounded. …
- Try This Coconut Oil Shampoo and Conditioner For Perfect Hair
The more time you spend outdoors, the more care you should put in preventing sunburns and dried hair. Sun damage can …
- Mom Discovers Why Baby Is Sick After She Examines Sippy Cup And Sees THIS…
Parents do everything to keep their children away from harm. Whether it’s baby proofing their house, monitoring their playtime or …
- This is What Happens to Your Body 10 Hours After Putting on Nail Polish
Take a look at your hands, what do they look like? If you’re a woman, your fingernails are probably painted …
- Stop Wearing Shoes In Your House To Prevent The Spread of This Deadly Bacteria…
Your shoes go with you every time you step out of the house. Whether it’s a short walk around the …
- How To STOP The Progression of Your BUNION With These 5 Natural Techniques
Feet aren’t exactly the first thing you look at when you meet someone. However, if they were more publicly displayed, …
- Marathon Runners Put Winning Aside To Honor World War II Veteran
“Thanks for your service,” utters one racer after the next as they stop in their tracks mid-race to give 95-year-old …
- 4 Shocking Mammogram Facts You Don’t Know But Should
Doctors often recommend an annual mammogram. It’s supposedly one of the best ways to prevent breast cancer. However, in a recent …
- Turn a Small Space Into a Big Harvest With These Awesome Vertical Gardens
Whether you want to grow veggies, herbs or flowers, gardening can be very rewarding. However sometimes your love for plants …
- Make This Powerful Anti-Inflammatory Drink To Detox Your Body
The human body is bombarded with toxins every single day. It is in the air at work and the yard …
- Mind-Blowing Reasons Why Aloe Vera Is a Miracle Medicine Plant
Few common plants are as versatile and nurturing to human health as aloe vera. While intrinsically a tropical plant, this …
- Gut Bacteria Determines Ability to Lose Weight and Keep it Off
Ever wonder why one person will gain weight so easily while another easily remains skinny? Certainly a lot has to …
- These 5 Habits Are Harming Your Immune System And Ruining Your Health
From everyday airborne allergens to countertop bacteria, your immune system is a complex network that is constantly battling to keep …
- 4 Simple Home Remedies to Help Manage Acid Reflux That Don’t Require a Doctor’s Prescription
Acid reflux and it’s more serious cousin, GERD, affect many Americans, causing any number of symptoms, from a burning sensation …