In most cases, high cholesterol is an indication of an unhealthy lifestyle of fatty foods and lack of exercise. Over time, fat deposits accumulate in your blood vessels, making you more prone to heart disease and stroke (1). While many Americans rely on cholesterol-lowering medication, these drugs have recently come under fire for their many side-effects and health risks.
While the best way to manage high cholesterol is to eat well, relax and workout, you may need an extra boost to help you in you health journey. Here’s an easy recipe that will clear your arteries right up!
German Cholesterol Tonic
The following recipe has been passed down for centuries in Germany. It’s been used to heal many diseases related to cholesterol, fatigue, cold and even infections.
In addition to being helpful against high cholesterol levels, this recipe can also boost your immune system and detox your liver.
- 4 organic lemons, with peel
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 4 whole garlic
- 2 liters (½ gallon) water
- Wash the lemons and slice thinly.
- Peel and crush the garlic, setting it aside to activate its protective compounds.
- Place everything but the water in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Meanwhile, boil water in a small saucepan.
- Once boiling, add the blended mixture to your water and stir. Boil for 5-10, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Once cooled, strain the liquid and pour into glass jars with lids.
- Drink one jar of the liquid on an empty stomach two hours before every meal for 3 weeks. If needed, take a spoonful of honey after each glass to chase away the taste.
- Next, take a week off and repeat the treatment for 3 more weeks.
You’ll feel the results in no time!
Ginger improves cardiovacular health by preventing atherosclerosis, lowering cholesterol levels, and preventing the oxidation of low density lipoprotein (LDL). In fact, the root reduces cholesterol-related blood vessel damage by 44% and LDL levels by 33% (2).
Ginger also helps regulate clot clotting to prevent heart attack or stroke as well as lower blood sugar level to help manage type 2 diabetes (3). It can even boost your immune system and fight off infection.
Lemon contains vitamin C, which lipids and cholesterol in the blood with just 30 days of daily ingestion. Combine with vitamin E, vitamin C can reduce LDL levels by 20-30%. Pectin in the pulp also helps to reduce cholesterol levels by up to 11% (4).
- Just ONE Junk-Food Snack Is Enough To Send Your Hormones Out Of Control
Food temptation is everywhere: fast food joints on your drive to work, cookies at your local coffee shop and snacks your …
- Actor Mark Ruffalo Calls Out Monsanto: “You Are Poisoning People”
What would you do if you met one of the most powerful figures of the most corrupt company on earth …
- The Relationship Between Blood Sugar Levels And Stress Is More Serious Than You Think
The relationship between insulin and stress-related hormones is complex, but it’s important to understand it, especially for those living with …
- This Awesome Biodegradable Urn Will Turn You Into a Tree After You Die
The cycle of life is no better encapsulated than in a new product that combines the cremated ashes of a …
- 7 Common Conditions That Cause Chronic Pain
Pain hurts. The good news is that it is a symptom, your body’s way of telling your brain that something …
- For All Smokers: How to Make a Detox Elixir To Cleanse Your Lungs
Everyone knows that smoking is terrible for your health, yet many people still indulge in this bad habit. If you’re …
- 5 Surprising Reasons Why Having a Cat is Good For Your Health
Who doesn’t love having a pet in their lives? Whether it’s a dog or a cat, having someone around to …
- 3 Ways Stressful Events Are Slowly Killing You
There are enough negative situations that arise on a daily basis to make us angry or fearful. If you aren’t already …
- First Urban ‘Agrihood’ In America Feeds 2,000 Households For Free
Detroit ‘s organic scene isn’t much to talk about, or is it? What do you get when you combine an …
- How To Effectively Cleanse Your Lungs In Just 72 Hours
The start of the industrial revolution brought about the rise of airborne pollution. These last few hundred years have dramatically …
- 10 Medicinal Plants That Should Be in Every Garden
In (not-so-long-ago) days past, many families kept a little herb garden–even if it was in a windowbox. The herbs were …
- 87 Low-Carb Vegetables That Will Make Weight Loss Easy
Eating your vegetables seems to be a pretty straightforward way of improving your health and losing weight. Processed foods have …
- 7 Tips on How to Nap Like a Pro
Countless adults are short on sleep, and naps are a great way to make up for some of those lost …
- 17 Simple Home Remedies For Fighting Indigestion
There are many common causes for indigestion – eating too much is probably one of the most common, but it’s …
- This Is What It Means To Season Your Cast Iron Pans With Coconut Oil
While ceramic and glass cookware have been popular for a while, old-fashioned cast iron cookware is coming back into style. These …