Antibiotic resistance is becoming a really big threat to public safety. This phenomenon occurs when bacteria that has been exposed to antibiotics begin to develop a resistance. This doesn’t occur in individuals, but in the bacteria themselves, making it a health threat to anyone. According to the World Health Organization, antimicrobial resistance is present in all parts of the world with new resistance mechanisms emerging and spreading globally. (source) Luckily, mother nature has a few natural options that can still fight antibacterial-resistant bacteria.
How To Make Your Own Antibiotic
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground chili peppers
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 3.3 oz fresh lemon juice
- Crush garlic and set aside for 10-15 minutes. This activates it’s most powerful compound, allicin.
- Add crushed garlic, ginger powder, chili powder and cinnamon to the lemon juice.
- Mix these ingredients.
- Stir in the honey.
- Let the syrup rest for 3 hours on a room temperature. Keep the syrup in a glass jar with a lid and store it in the fridge.
How To Use:
Take 1 tablespoon daily to strengthen your immune system. If you’re suffering from an infection, take 1 tablespoon of the syrup, three times a day before each meal.
What Each Ingredient Does
Garlic is both an antibiotic and an antiseptic, meaning that is capable of preventing infection by inhibiting the growth of infectious agents as well as treating an infection as it occurs. It even works against bacteria resistant to penicillin and amoxicillin (1).
Recent research has also shown similar activity to an antibiotic called chloramphenicol, used for typhoid fever as well as conjunctivitis (2).
Honey is an antimicrobial agent that can be applied topically for prevention or treatment of infections, including those caused by multi drug-resistant bacteria (3).
It fight bacteria by acidity, osmotic effect, high sugar concentration and polyphenols and y producing hydrogen peroxide. These different methods make it harder for bacteria to develop resistance (4).
While these different method are highly effective in killing bacteria, they do not damage healthy cells (5).
“Honey or isolated honey-derived components might be of great value for prevention and treatment of infections caused by antibiotic-resistant bacteria.” Says Sebastian A.J. Zaat, Ph.D., a researcher involved in the work from the Department of Medical Microbiology at the Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam (6).
Ginger is more effective then antibiotics in treating Staphylococcus aureus and S. pyreus infections (7).
Ginger has been shown to have an antibacterial effect on respiratory and periodontal infections (7,8,9).
Ginger can also fight drug–resistant fungi (10).
4. Chili Peppers
Unlike some natural remedies which rely on one specific genus of a spice, like cinnamon, 4 different varieties of chili pepper have antibiotic effects. They have been used in Mayan medicine for thousands of years.
In fact, Capsicum baccatum, Capsicum chinese, Capsicum frutescens, and Capsicum pubescens varieties were found to have antimicrobial effects against fifteen bacterial species and one yeast species (11).
These peppers contain two different antibiotic compounds capsaicin and dihydrocapsaicin (12).
Cinnamon has been found to inhibit the growth of various isolates of bacteria including Gram-positive and bacteria and fungi including yeast, mold and dermatophytes (13).
A study lead by a team of surgeons, for example, found that a solution made with cinnamon oil killed a number of common and hospital-acquired infections, like streptococcus and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA (14).
Another study by French researchers in 2008 had similar results, showing that at concentrations of 10 percent or less, cinnamon oil was effective against Staphylococcus, E. coli and several antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria (15).
Citric acid from lemon juice has proven to prevent the highly contagious norovirus from infecting humans. It’s considered to be a safe disinfectant to be used in the home and kitchen (16).
Lemon essential oil is a mild antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and anti-inflammatory, For stronger benefits, include lemon peel in the remedy (17).
- How To Detox Your Body From Lead-Contaminated Water
Lead is a toxic heavy metal that should be avoided at all cost. Many studies show that heavy metals in …
- She Needed a Blender For Her Cancer-Stricken Mother…What She Got Instead Will Warm Your Heart!
Juicing is one of those things that can help improve just about anyone’s health. It doesn’t matter how sick you are, …
- This Face Mask Naturally Removes Stains, Acne Scars And Wrinkles After Second Use
Your skin is like a window to what’s going on inside your body. What you eat and how you’re feeling …
- Don’t EVER Use Turmeric If You’re On Any of The Following Medications
It’s a well-known fact that turmeric is one of the most effective health-boosting substances available today. Its active ingredient, curcumin, …
- Not Even Cancer Can Stand Up To This Combination of Honey And Baking Soda
What Relation Does Baking Soda And Cancer Have? When you’re not feeling well, you shouldn’t reach for conventional pain …
- These Illustrations Show What It’s Like To Suffer From Anxiety And Depression
Depression and anxiety are extremely common mental illnesses, but they’re very poorly understood by society in general. Because of social …
- 7 Herbs That Help Reduce Stress Naturally
There’s nothing good about stress – multiple studies show that stress is associated with weight gain, cardiovascular issues, and countless …
- Your Liver is FULL of Aluminum, Start Eating These Foods To Get Rid of It Immediately!
Aluminum is a naturally occurring metal. But just because its natural, doesn’t mean that it’s okay for the human body …
- Sprinkle 1 TBSP of THIS On The Stem of Your Plants And Watch What Happens!
Tending a garden is one of the most rewarding hobbies to have. Plants can be affected by many variables which cause them …
- 6 Heart-Healthy Foods That Will Help Keep Your Arteries Clean
There are many risk factors at play when it comes to the development of cardiovascular disease – and our understanding …
- This Bug’s Bite Can Make You Temporarily Allergic to Red Meat
It’s a bizarre, circuitous story. The best kind. Several years ago, a researcher working on the development of cancer drug …
- 8 Aches and Pains That May be Indicative of a Serious Health Problem
From time to time, it is completely normal to experience an ache or pain and you should not let it …
- Big City Jail Creates Ingenious Way to Rehabilitate Prisoners. (and Feed Them, Too!)
(DenverPost) Instead of inmate beds, a bed of lettuce sits in the Denver jail’s Palmer Building, where a convict dormitory …
- How to Make Ginger Water to Treat Migraines, Heartburn, Joint and Muscle Pain
Flavored waters are the new health craze—and for good reason. Not only is water essential for hydration and flushing toxins …
- Chart Comparing Global Drug Prices Exposes How US Govt Creates Mega Profits For Big Pharma
It’s no secret that pharmaceutical drugs in the United States are incredibly expensive when compared to costs in other developed …