There’s nothing like dry air to make your hair unmanageable and frizzy.
Although some people try to combat static and frizz through daily conditioning, store-bought products often weigh down hair and only offer a temporary solution.
And while you can buy conditioning treatments at your local drug store, hair products actually contain a multitude of harmful chemicals including cocamide diethanolamine (cocamide DEA), a modified coconut oil known to cause cancer. Some dyes, fragrance and preservatives in personal products can also dry out skin and cause hair loss.
No matter how well you take care of your hair day-to-day, it’s important to give it a deep conditioning treatment every once in awhile to bring it back to life.
DIY Hair Treatment
Use this treatment once a week for gorgeous hair. Since it needs to sit a while, apply before taking a bath or leave it in overnight for lush, flowing locks.
Organic extra-virgin coconut oil, which strengthens and moisturizes brittle hair to leave it healthy, silky, and long. Coconut oil nourishes your roots and hair shaft to repair and prevent damage as well as restore moisture (1,2).
Plus, this oil has antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties that prevent hair loss and its healthy fats fight inflammation and parasites like lice. It’s no wonder that it’s a staple of all-natural haircare. (3)
Organic castor oil has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that fight hair loss and common scalp disorders like dandruff, eczema and psoriasis. It prevents and treats split ends by moisturizing your hair shaft and scalp and nourishes your roots to promote hair growth up to three to five times faster than your normal rate. You can even use it to thicken your eyebrows and eyelashes (4).
Organic Essential oils (optional) like rosemary promote blood flow to your roots and give your hair a lovely smell.
- Adjust the quantity of oils you will use to your hair length and texture in a ratio of 1:1. Wavy medium length typically needs about 1/2 cup of each.
- Melt the mixture in sunlight or over low heat in a medium saucepan.
- Once warm, remove from heat immediately and stir in a few drops of essential oils. If you’re suffering from hair loss, rosemary oil will do wonders.
- Slip on an old t-shirt and start massaging the oil into your roots.
- Then, comb it through your hair and saturate the tips.
- For best results, tie your hair into a top knot and wrap in plastic wrap to keep it from ruining your clothes.
- Follow up with a hot towel to help the treatment penetrate deep into your hair shaft.
- Leave it in for 30-60 minutes and wash & style as usual. If you’re using a natural shampoo, you may have to wash it 2-3 times to get all the oil out.
- Let your hair air-dry and enjoy your healthy locks!
- No, They’re NOT Really Baby Carrots – Here’s What You Need To Know
Baby carrots don’t grow in nature. They’re actually a man-made product and were first introduced into the market in 1986 as a …
- Watch How a Simple Walking Technique Can Improve Your Balance And Reduce Falls
Most of our public spaces and even our homes are well-lit and relatively easy to maneuver around. But there are …
- Build a $300 Underground Greenhouse For Year-Round Gardening
Growers in colder climates often utilize various approaches to extend the growing season or to give their crops a boost, …
- Thermograms: Safer, More Accurate than Mammograms
Until recently, the medical community urged every woman over the age of 40 to get yearly mammograms. As the dangers …
- 6 Ways to Increase Testosterone With Exercise
Tip #1: High Intensity Sprinting You generally want to avoid too much running—but short, sustained sprint efforts are effective ways …
- Anyone Whose Hair Is Falling Out Needs To Make This 2-Ingredient Drink Immediately
Hormones are chemical transmitters in the body that tell cells what to do and when. They are produced by the …
- Research Suggests Childhood Cancer Linked to Highway Pollution
At the annual meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research this past week, researchers presented data suggesting childhood health …
- Doctors Have No Explanation: Mix Cinnamon And Honey For Arthritis, Cancer, Gallbladder, Cholesterol And 10 Other Diseases
Honey cinnamon may sound like a donut flavor, but it has much more potential than just satisfying your sweet tooth. …
- This Is Why You Should Drink Warm Water On An Empty Stomach Every Morning
You’ve heard by now that it’s a good idea to drink water first thing in the morning. In fact, you’ve probably …
- California Senate Passes Bill To Stop Pharmaceutical Companies From Giving Gifts To Doctors
Pharmaceutical companies spend billions of dollars marketing drugs to doctors. But one state in particular takes the cake, California. That’s …
- 12 Brands Of Bottled Water That Are Full Of Toxic Fluoride!
We have been brought up to believe that fluoride is not only good for us, but necessary. Dentists promote it …
- Homemade Essential Oil Laundry Powder You Can Make In Minutes For Clean Fresh-Smelling Clothes
There are three types of label-readers: never, sometimes, and always. When it comes to food, there has been quite a …
- Historical Facts Behind Cancer Fighting Drugs Will Shock You
Some cancer drugs have been around since the 1940’s. Even back then these drugs were administered to patients with cancer, …
- 8 Surprising Reasons Why Drinking Red Wine Can Actually Be Good For Your Overall Health
While too much of anything is inevitably bad for you, indulging in certain vices in moderation can actually have a …
- Don’t Spend Your Money On Pedicure, Two Ingredients from Your Kitchen Can Make Your Feet Look Nice
When it comes to skincare, your hands and face are always the ones being spoiled with luxurious creams and treatments. …