There’s nothing like dry air to make your hair unmanageable and frizzy.
Although some people try to combat static and frizz through daily conditioning, store-bought products often weigh down hair and only offer a temporary solution.
And while you can buy conditioning treatments at your local drug store, hair products actually contain a multitude of harmful chemicals including cocamide diethanolamine (cocamide DEA), a modified coconut oil known to cause cancer. Some dyes, fragrance and preservatives in personal products can also dry out skin and cause hair loss.
No matter how well you take care of your hair day-to-day, it’s important to give it a deep conditioning treatment every once in awhile to bring it back to life.
DIY Hair Treatment
Use this treatment once a week for gorgeous hair. Since it needs to sit a while, apply before taking a bath or leave it in overnight for lush, flowing locks.
Organic extra-virgin coconut oil, which strengthens and moisturizes brittle hair to leave it healthy, silky, and long. Coconut oil nourishes your roots and hair shaft to repair and prevent damage as well as restore moisture (1,2).
Plus, this oil has antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties that prevent hair loss and its healthy fats fight inflammation and parasites like lice. It’s no wonder that it’s a staple of all-natural haircare. (3)
Organic castor oil has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that fight hair loss and common scalp disorders like dandruff, eczema and psoriasis. It prevents and treats split ends by moisturizing your hair shaft and scalp and nourishes your roots to promote hair growth up to three to five times faster than your normal rate. You can even use it to thicken your eyebrows and eyelashes (4).
Organic Essential oils (optional) like rosemary promote blood flow to your roots and give your hair a lovely smell.
- Adjust the quantity of oils you will use to your hair length and texture in a ratio of 1:1. Wavy medium length typically needs about 1/2 cup of each.
- Melt the mixture in sunlight or over low heat in a medium saucepan.
- Once warm, remove from heat immediately and stir in a few drops of essential oils. If you’re suffering from hair loss, rosemary oil will do wonders.
- Slip on an old t-shirt and start massaging the oil into your roots.
- Then, comb it through your hair and saturate the tips.
- For best results, tie your hair into a top knot and wrap in plastic wrap to keep it from ruining your clothes.
- Follow up with a hot towel to help the treatment penetrate deep into your hair shaft.
- Leave it in for 30-60 minutes and wash & style as usual. If you’re using a natural shampoo, you may have to wash it 2-3 times to get all the oil out.
- Let your hair air-dry and enjoy your healthy locks!
- 9 Scary Facts That You Should Know About Diabetes (Even If You Don’t Have It)
Diabetes is a disease that affects nearly 10% of the U.S. population, and yet it’s a disease that so few …
- This Guy Was Born With Just One Arm… Watch Him Annihilate All Your Gym-Skpping Excuses
Excuses are the only things preventing most people from getting into shape. That’s why Luke Ericson’s strategy for dealing with this is simple: …
- Why You Shouldn’t Get Nutrition Advice From Your Doctor
Let me ask you this first; have you ever gone to your doctor as a result of any of the …
- How To Kill Fungus FAST With Coconut Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar and Green Tea
Fungal infection can be unpleasant and downright embarrassing. Fungi live in moist environments around your home, pool, gym and backyard. …
- 25 Indoor Plants That Can Filter Air Pollutants Out of Your Home And Improve Air Quality
We know that we depend on plants for the air we breathe. They breathe in carbon dioxide and breathe out …
- Do These 5-Minute Morning Rituals To Supercharge Your Mind And Body
Everyone wants their day to start on a positive note. However, that’s not always possible. How do you work out a morning …
- Guaranteed! Whiten Your Yellow Teeth In Less Than 2 Minutes!
Every picture in every magazine seems to show people with beautifully aligned, white teeth. While Photoshop likely has a hand …
- Hand-Foot-And-Mouth Disease Is Sweeping Across Parts Of The US: Experts Beg Parents To Know These Signs
If you have kids, you probably know about Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (HFMD). While it sounds like a peculiar …
- Cheap Scented Candles Destroy Air Quality And Poison Your Lungs…Here’s What You Can Use Instead
Many commercial products designed to provide olfactory pleasure contain some of the highest levels toxins. This applies to both scented …
- How To Use Herbalized Oils In Your Nose To Detox And Flush Out Toxins From Your Brain
Have you ever heard about “Nasya?” It’s considered one the top healing techniques used in Ayurveda. Nasya is the nasal inhalation …
- Do You Sleep With Your Mouth Open? Here’s What You Are Doing To Yourself!
Whether you do it on purpose or not, sleeping or napping with your mouth open is a bad idea. It’s …
- Top 10 Dangerous Habits That Damage Your Liver And The #1 Food To Help It Heal
What does your body do with the toxins that enter it? It hands them off to your liver for processing, …
- How To Cure a Minor Stiff Neck In Just 10 Seconds Using Nothing But a Towel!
How To Get Rid Of A Stiff Neck Sitting all day in front of the computer is one of the …
- Want to Live Longer? Learn How Sleep Can Keep You Going
A quarter of adults in the United States don’t get enough sleep on a regular basis. If you’re one of …
- 10 Signs You May Have an Ulcer
An ulcer is a painful sore in the stomach lining or at the opening of the small intestine. Ulcers happen …