Soft, well groomed smooth feet are important to many woman. With uncomfortable shoe designs, errands to run, and jobs that require being on your feet for long hours, it may be difficult to avoid hard, and cracked heels that not only look bad but cause discomfort .
Fortunately, there is a household item that is beginning to gain recognition for it antiseptic properties and ability to reduce water hardness. Baking soda works as the perfect exfoliator on heels and calluses (1).
How to clean your feet using baking soda (3)?
- For this DIY foot treatment, you will need 3 tablespoons of baking soda and 4-5 liters of hot water.
- Add baking soda to the hot water, stir until dissolved.
- Use a dry scrub brush or palette stone to scrub your feet. Follow by applying a healthy amount of moisturizing foot cream (see below for recipe) before putting on 100% cotton socks. Wear for 2 hours.
- You should see results after the first treatment.
- Repeat the process for up to a week, then take a 7-day break, and repeat again. Try to repeat the treatment 3 more times for optimal results.
This treatment will leave you with silky smooth feet. Slip on some strappy sandals and show those babies off!
How To Make Moisturizing Foot Cream
To make this simple foot cream, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shea butter
- 15 drops lavender essential oil – you can also combine lavender/mint or lavender/tea tree to fight fungal issues
- Mix both the coconut oil and shea butter in a sauce pan and place on low heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the essential oil.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and keep somewhere cool.
Shea Butter contains high levels of Vitamin A, E and a host of antioxidants and essential fats, which help nourish your skin.
Coconut Oil is a no brainer. It’s a saturated fat that’s made up of medium chain triglycerides (MCT) which quickly help moisturize the skin when applied topically and it even has antibacterial qualities!
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Not Even Cancer Can Stand Up To This Combination of Honey And Baking Soda
What Relation Does Baking Soda And Cancer Have? When you’re not feeling well, you shouldn’t reach for conventional pain …
- 3 Easy Homemade Remedies That You Can Use Immediately To Beat The Bloat
Do you ever feel bloated after a meal or maybe it feels like you have “food baby?” If that’s the case, here’s three …
- Do You Know Why Exercise Helps Your Heart?
We all hear about how exercise improves heart health, but how exactly does that happen? Let’s take a look at …
- This Spicy Tonic Protects You Against Strep Throat, Colds and Flu. (No More Coughing!)
Here’s a simple concoction of six ingredients that are highly effective in offering protection against strep throat, colds and flu. …
- 7 Herbs That Help Reduce Stress Naturally
There’s nothing good about stress – multiple studies show that stress is associated with weight gain, cardiovascular issues, and countless …
- How To Use These 3 Essential Oils To Relieve Anxiety And Depression (+12 more!)
Depression affects about 1 in 10 Americans, and 80% of those affected aren’t getting proper treatment (1). On the other …
- Empty Your Colon of TOXIC Waste With This Cleansing 4-Ingredient Apple-Honey Mixture
After the age of 50, colon cancer can become a real threat to your health (1). That’s why doctors recommend regular …
- 2-Ingredient Cleaning Solution For a Shiny Toilet – No Scrubbing Needed
It’s no secret that your toilet isn’t the cleanest place in your home. In the average household, toilets typically contain …
- 2 Breathing Tricks To Help You De-Stress And Improve Digestion
Breathing is one of the most natural and essential acts for a living being. It’s an automatic reflex that requires …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- New Study: The More you Hug your Kids, the More Their Brains Develop
To borrow a phrase: love works in mysterious ways. We are born to love and, as it turns out, love …
- One Herbal Shampoo That Will Give You Thick And Shiny Fast-Growing Hair
Women often abuse their hair during the everyday styling process. Heat from straighteners and curling irons as well as harsh …
- 13 Ways to Love Yourself on Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day can be a touchy, even stressful, subject for some especially if you don’t love yourself as much as …
- Coconut Oil & Honey Mixture – Powerful Remedy That Will Stop Cough Instantly
Have noticed that you or one of your loved ones cough a lot? If so, then you really have to …