Soft, well groomed smooth feet are important to many woman. With uncomfortable shoe designs, errands to run, and jobs that require being on your feet for long hours, it may be difficult to avoid hard, and cracked heels that not only look bad but cause discomfort .
Fortunately, there is a household item that is beginning to gain recognition for it antiseptic properties and ability to reduce water hardness. Baking soda works as the perfect exfoliator on heels and calluses (1).
How to clean your feet using baking soda (3)?
- For this DIY foot treatment, you will need 3 tablespoons of baking soda and 4-5 liters of hot water.
- Add baking soda to the hot water, stir until dissolved.
- Use a dry scrub brush or palette stone to scrub your feet. Follow by applying a healthy amount of moisturizing foot cream (see below for recipe) before putting on 100% cotton socks. Wear for 2 hours.
- You should see results after the first treatment.
- Repeat the process for up to a week, then take a 7-day break, and repeat again. Try to repeat the treatment 3 more times for optimal results.
This treatment will leave you with silky smooth feet. Slip on some strappy sandals and show those babies off!
How To Make Moisturizing Foot Cream
To make this simple foot cream, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shea butter
- 15 drops lavender essential oil – you can also combine lavender/mint or lavender/tea tree to fight fungal issues
- Mix both the coconut oil and shea butter in a sauce pan and place on low heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the essential oil.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and keep somewhere cool.
Shea Butter contains high levels of Vitamin A, E and a host of antioxidants and essential fats, which help nourish your skin.
Coconut Oil is a no brainer. It’s a saturated fat that’s made up of medium chain triglycerides (MCT) which quickly help moisturize the skin when applied topically and it even has antibacterial qualities!
- Trucker Gets Off 25 Meds and Overcomes Cancer With Raw Food Diet!
Dave Conrardy is a former trucker who, not too long ago, was dying from cancer, heart disease, diabetes, kidney leakage, …
- How to Regrow Your Hair Naturally With These Herbs and Foods
“Male pattern baldness” is a phrase that instills fear and horror in most guys. This type of early hair loss …
- Winter Blues Getting The Best of You? Here’s Why
Researchers say Vitamin D deficiency could be partly responsible for the winter blues. According to the IBTimes, the findings, based …
- FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps; “No Scientific Evidence” They’re Safe or Effective
Drop the antibacterial soaps – The FDA is recommending it. The Association has announced a ban on 19 ingredients in …
- Build a $300 Underground Greenhouse For Year-Round Gardening
Growers in colder climates often utilize various approaches to extend the growing season or to give their crops a boost, …
- 9 Potentially Serious Causes of Tinnitus
Tinnitus, or ringing in the ears, is usually a fleeting problem that will go away on its own. Generally, it’s …
- Chinese Factory Workers Pictured Sticking FEET Into Giant Piles of Noodles
Ick, ick, and triple ick. Hidden cameras in Tongcheng Rice Noodle Factory in Guangdong province of China captured its workers …
- We Will All Be Sleeping 30 Minutes Less a Week by 2050 as Global Warming Takes Hold
Current predictions say that temperatures across the Northern Hemisphere will increase by 2C (two degrees Celsius) in the next 30 …
- Can Talking to Yourself be the Best Motivation?
Although many of us are loathed to admit it, a great number of people are known to mutter to themselves …
- 10 Yoga Positions To Help Lose Belly Fat
For most people, getting fit not only makes you feel better physically and mentally, desired weight loss happens as a …
- This Is One of The Top Cancer Causing Foods
It’s hard to find a North American child who’s never tasted a hot dog. Countless schools and households rely on …
- Just 8 Weeks of Meditation Is Enough To Increase Gray-Matter In Your Brain
Just eight weeks of practicing meditation can spark measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, stress, sense of self and …
- Are You Feeling Nervous Or Depressed? This Ancient Technique Will Help You Relax In No Time!
Eastern healing methods have really gained traction in the western world recently, despite having been introduced over half a century …
- The Surprising Cause of Skin Cancer (And No, It’s Not Too Much Sun!)
Melanoma is one of the most common cancers to affect Americans. The Skin Cancer Foundation reports that “Over the past …
- 5 Warning Signs of Poor Blood Circulation In The Body
Your circulatory system doesn’t rest. It’s in action every second of your life but is paid little attention unless you …