There’s nothing like a good soup to warm you up from the inside out.
Most homemade soups are actually nutrient-dense and fight infections, but can these bowls of comfort fight cancer ?
Well, these 8 classic soups put up quite a fight!
1. Apple and Onion Soup
- 2 pounds sweet yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-viring olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted organic butter
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened apple cider
- 1 quart organic vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup cashew cream
- 3/4 tsp Himalayan salt and white pepper, to taste
- In a heavy stock pot, melt the butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until they become golden in color, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium-low half way through to prevent them from burning.
- While they cook, core and chop the apples.
- Once the onions are done, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the apple cider to deglaze the pan, scraping up the pan.
- Increase the heat and to bring it to a boil.
- Cook until the cider reduces, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer gently 30 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer 10 minutes.
- To make it smooth, puree the soup in a blender.
- Adjust seasoning with salt & white pepper.
Both apples and onions contain quercetin, that protects against heart disease and cancer.
Sign Up for Our Free Daily Newsletter
And receive a free report on how to REVERSE 7 of the most dangerous diseases including cancer, heart disease, arthritis...and ELIMINATE pain naturally.
One study even suggests that quercetin is more effective than resveratrol in terms of inhibiting tumor growth.
The antioxidant is known to inhibit the growth of cancer cells from breast, colon, prostate, ovarian, endometrial, and lung tumors (1).