Tending a garden is one of the most rewarding hobbies to have. Plants can be affected by many variables which cause them to die with little opportunity to save them.
That’s why gardeners often rely on toxic pesticides, herbicides, fertilizer and anti-fungal treatments to make sure all their hard work isn’t wasted.
Well, mother nature has even better solutions. Here are 5 ways to use cinnamon in your garden. Always keep some on hand in your garden shed!
1. Protect Seedlings
It take a lot of dedication and care to get freshly planted seeds to sprout. Not only can small animals chew away at them as they grow, but so can fungi and bacteria.
Luckily, cinnamon has anti-bacteria and anti-fungal properties that protect your seedlings as they grow (1). It also wards of common pests that love to nibble on your hard work (2). Simply dust some cinnamon over your freshly planted seeds.
2. Fight Wild Mushrooms
Wild mushrooms aren’t just annoying, they can also bring harm to your children and pets. Many mushrooms that grow freely in your yard are actually poisonous if ingested (3). Others can cause the roots or leaves of your beloved plants to rot and die.
3. Rooting Hormone
One of the best ways to make sure your plants thrive is by making sure they set up strong roots. Some people rely on rooting hormones to speed up this process. Instead of buying chemical rotting hormones, apply cinnamon to the freshly cut stem you’re rooting (2).
4. Ant Deterrent
Ants can wreak havoc on your garden, feeding off of your plants and making their way into your home. To keep ants at bay, sprinkle cinnamon on your soil and around the entrances of your home.
5. Plant Wounds
Regular pruning and yard maintenance can sometimes lead to accidentally cutting the stems of leaves of your favorite plants.
Instead of feeling guilty, just sprinkle a little cinnamon on the wounds to promote healing and prevent further damage.
As you take care of your outdoor plants, don’t forget to care for your indoor ones! Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top of the soil of your houseplants to keep mold, mildew and gnats at bay.
- Speed Up Your Metabolism with These 10 Proven Tips
#1 Maintain a Regular Eating Schedule If you are looking to stay healthy and lose weight it is best to …
- How To Supercharge Apple Cider Vinegar With Turmeric, Ginger, Lemon And Garlic
Getting the cold or the flu can really take a toll on your health. Worse yet, infection quickly spreads throughout …
- The Shrimp You Eat May Not be What You Think It Is
We can spend hours in the grocery store reading labels. We want to make the best choices for our families. …
- Right to Farm Being Stripped From Americans: Michigan to Criminalize Small Residential Farms.
In the latest stunning assault on Americans’ right to grow their own food, the freedom-crushing state of Michigan has ruled …
- It Just Keeps on Getting Weirder. Coke Is Going To Try And Sell You Premium Milk.
Soda sales are falling, so Coca-Cola is getting ready to sell us a new drink. You may have heard of …
- Own A Pet? Here Are 4 Unexpected Ways Your Pet Is Making You Healthier!
It’s hard to imagine the average American household without thinking about pets. Not surprisingly, 2 out of 3 families in …
- What Is Microwave Cooking Doing To Your Health?
Is it possible that millions of people are ignorantly sacrificing their health in exchange for the convenience of microwave ovens? …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- 10 Dead Simple Natural Pesticide Recipes. You Won’t Believe How Easy It Is To Make These!
Ever wonder what farmers did hundreds of years ago to fight off crop pests? Long before the invention of harmful …
- This Miraculous Drink Will Work Wonders For Your Thyroid
A healthy thyroid means a healthy you! The thyroid gland is responsible for regulating our metabolism. It helps maintain our weight, improves digestion, skin …
- How To Make Detox Foot Pads At Home To Cleanse Your Body Of Toxins
Foot pads have been used and sold in Japan for hundreds of years. Similar to acupuncture, which has a positive effect on people’s energetic systems, …
- This Woman Invented a Way to Run 30 Lab Tests on Only One Drop of Blood.
Fast, Easy and Painless Blood Testing is coming to a Walgreens Theranos Wellness Center near You. Thanks to a 30 …
- How To Use Coffee Beans To Get Rid Of Dark Under Eye Circles
Nobody likes having dark under eye circles. Many try all kinds of things to conceal them. Unfortunately, doing this doesn’t actually tackle the …
- Weighted Blankets For Sleep And Anxiety: You’ll Definitely Want To Try This!
A good night’s sleep doesn’t just depend on where you lie down; It’s also about what you lie under. Recent …
- How To Read Barcodes to Find out Where Your Food Really Comes From
Even if you take a look at the ingredients and food facts you probably don’t glance at the product code. …