Skipping out on your first meal of the day is never a good idea, unless you actually know what you’re doing.
In most cases, not eating breakfast makes you more likely to pig out on calorie-dense snacks with little to no nutritional value (1).
If you don’t have time to make a big nutritious breakfast before work, this recipe is just what you need.
Fat-Busting Prune Smoothie
The perfect on-the-go breakfast to keep you full and burn belly fat by helping you keep your blood sugar levels steady.
- 6 prunes
- 100ml of boiled water
- 2 tablespoon of quick-cook oats
- 1 teaspoon of ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon of raw cocoa powder
- 300ml of kefir water or milk
- Soak the prunes in the water and let them sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the kefir to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Chop the soaked prunes and add to the bowl.
- Blend everything together at high speed
- Pour in some of the boiled water as you blend until you reach a smoothie-like consistency.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container overnight and drink in the morning on an empty stomach.
How Does It Work ?
Prunes, oats and flaxseed contain insoluble fiber.
This dietary fiber helps you flush out harmful toxins that would otherwise be stored as fat. It also helps you feel full for longer.
In addition, these foods also lower blood sugar and cholesterol to improve your cardiovascular system along the way (2).
The University of Liverpool Institute’s of Psychology, Health and Society found that daily prune ingestion also increase weight loss more than healthy snack alone (3).
In the study, the test group was given 12 prunes a day as well as healthy eating tips. The control group received the tips but were not allowed to eat prunes.
After 12 weeks, the control group had lost 1.5kg of weight and 1.7cm from their waist. In comparison, the prune group had lost 2 kg weight and 2.5 cm off their waist. And this was achieved without exercise!
“These are the first data to demonstrate both weight loss and no negative side effects when consuming prunes as part of a weight management diet. Indeed in the long term they may be beneficial to dieters by tackling hunger and satisfying appetite; a major challenge when you are trying to maintain weight loss.” concluded Dr Jo Harrold, lead researcher.
Prunes are also full of potassium, vitamin K, Vitamin A and manganese (4).
Like any dried fruit, they can quickly elevate your blood sugar levels if eaten alone and in large quantities, but mixed in a smoothie, they’re just right.
- Endocrine Disruptors Make You Fat, Sick And Tired…This Is How You Avoid Them!
When food comes into contact with certain plastics, these chemicals can leech into your meal and end up in your …
- Drink This 3-ingredient Tea to Cleanse Your Lungs of Phlegm, Toxins, and Inflammation
Everybody catches a cold and flu from time to time. Some suffer chronic respiratory conditions like asthma, bronchitis, and allergies. Mucus …
- These 23 Restaurants Have the Most Antibiotics in their Meat – Avoid Them!
Antibiotic resistance. You may have heard the phrase shouted about in health circles, but what does it really mean? Of course, …
- Instantly Rejuvenate Your Health By Fixing These 3 Bodily Systems
Health experts spend their whole lives trying to understand how the human body works and even they, themselves admit how difficult this …
- Important Facts You Should Know Before You Start Cracking Your Knuckles (Or Neck)
In an interview, chiropractor Dr. JaDean Anderson recommended that if you routinely crack your knuckles (neck, foot, elbow, etc.) that …
- DIY Warming Rub For Sore Muscles
(originally written by Heather) Have You Been Lifting Cars . . . To save trapped kittens again? Bench pressing two year-olds …
- 10 Natural Antibiotics MORE Powerful Than Conventional Medicine!
When you have a cold, do you reach for your medicine cabinet or for your fridge? Although conventional medication has …
- Genetically Modified ‘Super Banana’ to be Tested on Americans
Vitamin A deficiency is still an issue in many parts of the world, Africa and southeast Asia the areas in …
- 5 Juices To STOP Drinking Immediately. They’re Loaded With Cancer-Causing Arsenic!
If you have children at home, then you know how juice can be a godsend in helping your children meet …
- 14 Reasons Why You Should Drink Lemon Water First Thing In The Morning
It’s nearly impossible to wake up from a long night’s sleep without feeling at least a little thirsty. And since …
- Inflammation – Not As Detrimental To Your Health As You Think?
What happened the last time you felt pain in your body? Did you reach for an ibuprofen or go to …
- Laughter Shown to Work Better Than Pharmaceuticals And Affects The Body Like Exercise
We are rife with involuntary reactions. We know why we sneeze. We know why we cough. We know why we …
- How To Choose Safer Cookware For Your Kitchen
Is your cookware killing you? It may seem like a bit of a hyperbolic statement, but remember – the cookware …
- How To Get Rid of Strep Throat Fast And Without Antibiotics
A painful and inflamed throat is a good indication that you may have a strep infection. Strep throat is very common and …
- 7 Easy Ways To Detoxify Your Lymph Nodes
The lymphatic system is a part of the immune system. It is composed of organs, ducts and nodes, including your …