Skipping out on your first meal of the day is never a good idea, unless you actually know what you’re doing.
In most cases, not eating breakfast makes you more likely to pig out on calorie-dense snacks with little to no nutritional value (1).
If you don’t have time to make a big nutritious breakfast before work, this recipe is just what you need.
Fat-Busting Prune Smoothie
The perfect on-the-go breakfast to keep you full and burn belly fat by helping you keep your blood sugar levels steady.
- 6 prunes
- 100ml of boiled water
- 2 tablespoon of quick-cook oats
- 1 teaspoon of ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon of raw cocoa powder
- 300ml of kefir water or milk
- Soak the prunes in the water and let them sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the kefir to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Chop the soaked prunes and add to the bowl.
- Blend everything together at high speed
- Pour in some of the boiled water as you blend until you reach a smoothie-like consistency.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container overnight and drink in the morning on an empty stomach.
How Does It Work ?
Prunes, oats and flaxseed contain insoluble fiber.
This dietary fiber helps you flush out harmful toxins that would otherwise be stored as fat. It also helps you feel full for longer.
In addition, these foods also lower blood sugar and cholesterol to improve your cardiovascular system along the way (2).
The University of Liverpool Institute’s of Psychology, Health and Society found that daily prune ingestion also increase weight loss more than healthy snack alone (3).
In the study, the test group was given 12 prunes a day as well as healthy eating tips. The control group received the tips but were not allowed to eat prunes.
After 12 weeks, the control group had lost 1.5kg of weight and 1.7cm from their waist. In comparison, the prune group had lost 2 kg weight and 2.5 cm off their waist. And this was achieved without exercise!
“These are the first data to demonstrate both weight loss and no negative side effects when consuming prunes as part of a weight management diet. Indeed in the long term they may be beneficial to dieters by tackling hunger and satisfying appetite; a major challenge when you are trying to maintain weight loss.” concluded Dr Jo Harrold, lead researcher.
Prunes are also full of potassium, vitamin K, Vitamin A and manganese (4).
Like any dried fruit, they can quickly elevate your blood sugar levels if eaten alone and in large quantities, but mixed in a smoothie, they’re just right.
- 5 Ways To Stop Absorbing Other People’s Negative Energy
Nothing can bring you down as much as being around negative people. So how do you prevent people’s negative energy …
- The U.S. Lost One-third of All Honeybee Colonies Last Year…Here’s Why You Should Care!
Between April 2016 and April 2017, roughly 33% of honeybee colonies in the US died. Over the last decade, annual …
- Florida Dad Invents a Bed To Minimize The Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
After becoming a father, a Florida man has created a new infant safety bed that may significantly reduce the risk of …
- 10 Nutrients To Prevent Liver Damage Caused By Over-The-Counter Drugs
The liver is a very important organ. One of its main tasks is to filter or break down anything you …
- Horrific Birth Defects in Washington State Has Experts Baffled
There is something seriously wrong in the fertile Yakima Valley region of Washington. A surging number of babies are being …
- What Happens If You Drink Water With Honey On An Empty Stomach!
Honey is often used to enhance the flavor of hot and cold beverages. It’s also used to increase the nutritional value …
- 6 Disturbing Ways Pesticides Are Hurting Your Body
There’s no getting around it: pesticides are bad for you. They’re literally poison – toxins designed to kill pests and …
- Smile! How To Be Happy Now In 10 Easy Steps
Happiness doesn’t just feel good – it’s good for your health. Multiple studies have shown that depression and anxiety are …
- What Your Blood Pressure Should Be According To Your Age
High blood pressure may be a common condition, but it should never be taken lightly. Even though nearly half of …
- Garlic Soup Made With 52 Cloves of Garlic Can Defeat Colds, Flu And Even Norovirus
It’s difficult and nearly impossible to go through winter without catching a cold. Most people rely on Tylenol or cough medicine to …
- If Your Hair is Falling Out or You’re Cold and Tired All the Time – Check Your Iron Like THIS Immediately
Chronic fatigue can have multiple causes, including lack of exercise, dehydration and poor sleep quality. One of the lesser-known causes …
- Why Oregano Oil Is One Of The Greatest Things You Could Own
Every living thing on Earth is part of the proverbial food chain. Animals eat plants, plants eat plants, plants eat …
- The Healing Power of Music
Music is everywhere. We all use our car’s pre-set radio stations (or upgrade to satellite radio), music is piped into …
- 5 Unhealthy Habits That’s Aging You Faster (You Need to STOP Doing These!)
Aging today has taken on a whole new meaning than it did a hundred years ago. People worry less about …
- Frankincense And Ovarian Cancer – What No One Ever Told You About This Essential Oil
For thousands of years, Frankincense has been the staple of Egyptian, Mediterranean, Arabic, Chinese and Indian medicine. It was traditionally …