After the age of 50, colon cancer can become a real threat to your health (1). That’s why doctors recommend regular screening past this age.
One of the greatest risks for developing the disease is having a poor diet and not getting enough fiber. While typical Americans consume 10-grams of fiber a day, experts recommend taking 20-35 grams (2).
Here’s a yummy way to clean your colon and get those bowels moving.
Colon Cleanse Apple Mixture
Eating extra fiber can cause constipation if you don’t drink enough water throughout your cleanse.
- 1 organic apple
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup water
- Core apples and slice into small pieces, keeping the skin on the fruit
- Blend together everything but the chia seeds.
- Sprinkle chia over your smoothie and let them sit for 5-10 minutes. This will give them time to soak up some liquid and expand.
- Stir & Serve.
Drink the mixture once in the morning and a second time in the evening for 2 weeks. During the cleanse, make sure you eat your regular meals but put extra effort in cutting back on sugar, alcohol and red meat.
Apples contain soluble fiber which attracts water and forms a gel to gather loose stool together. Insoluble fiber bulks up stool to sweep through the colon and dislodge any stuck-on foods. Both forms of fiber also help you feel more full and absorb bile to expel toxins already processed by the liver (4).
Flaxseed contains omega-3, fiber, protein and antioxidants. The seeds prevent colon tumor development and is useful against pre-existing cancer by fighting cancer cell proliferation and induce apoptosis in intestinal and colon tumors (5,6).
Chia seeds have the ability to absorb water to create a gel-like substance which clears your intestinal tract and facilitates nutrient absorption. The seeds contain almost half their weight in fiber as well phosphorus to help the body grow new tissue and repair healthy cells. It’s also full of bone-healthy manganese and calcium (7).
- Toxicity and Nutrient Deficiency Cause Chronic Disease
Over the past 150 years throughout the coming of age of the industrialized world, what we eat and how we …
- This Trick Instantly Reduces Puffiness, Relieves Bloating And Detoxifies Your Lymphatic System
Want to get rid of puffiness, bloating and swelling in one go? Then you need to try this! This low …
- 5 Dangers Associated With Drinking Alcohol You Don’t Know About But Should!
Sipping on a cocktail is an easy way to melt away the stresses of your day, but it comes with a hefty …
- Top 15 Quotes That Best Describe Chemotherapy
The cancer industry tells us some of the most magnificent lies about the safety of toxic chemotherapy treatments and long-term …
- 5 Natural Ways To Keep Your Gums Healthy And Disease Free
Gum disease, or periodontal disease, is common, especially in the United States – many adults have some form of gum …
- Iodine Can Help Prevent and Even Treat Breast Cancer
It’s unfortunate how many women believe breast cancer can’t be prevented, especially due to predispositions, but the truth is that …
- Castor Oil Is Great For Thickening And Regrowing Hair, Eyelashes And Eyebrows
One of the most prominent and popular beauty trends as of late has been full eyelashes and eyebrows. Many women rely …
- 10 Ways To Quickly Heal a Painful Mouth Ulcer Using Coconut Oil, Honey And Aloe Vera
It seems like the worst place to get a cut or sore is on your gums or the mucous tissue …
- How To Remove Blackheads Naturally Using Only 2 Ingredients
Although these two conditions have multiple factors and often require a visit to the dermatologist to fully cure, there are …
- Leading Poultry Producer Cuts Nearly All Antibiotic Use
Perdue, one of the biggest producers of chicken in the United States, issued a press release on September 3 stating …
- 7 Signs That SIBO Might Be The Root Cause of Your IBS And How To Treat It
You may have never heard of Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), neither has most of the medical community. In fact, …
- Have You Seen Anyone With a Semicolon Tattoo? (Project Raises Awareness About Mental Illness)
You may have seen one recently – a small tattoo on a friend or passer-by. They’re fairly innocuous, but they …
- How to Regrow Your Hair Naturally With These Herbs and Foods
“Male pattern baldness” is a phrase that instills fear and horror in most guys. This type of early hair loss …
- This Is Definitely One of The Best Drug Commercials You’ll Ever See!
Nature RX, Part 1 is the first video in a three-part series that show how spending more time in nature improves your …
- The Leaves of Soursop Are 1000 Times Stronger at Killing Cancer Cells Than Chemotherapy
Graviola, or soursop, is a tropical fruit native to South America and the Caribbean. Known also as custard apple (THAT …