There’s nothing quite like a stubborn splinter to ruin your day.
The smaller they are, the harder they are to get out, especially if you can’t to get to them with a pair tweezers or tape.
And while many people will let the splinter rest and wait for their body to push it out, there is a quick and easy way to get rid of annoying little splinters painlessly.
Foolproof Splinter Removal
You may have heard that placing a warm towel over your splinter can help, but this trick works in a fraction of the time!
- A glass or plastic bottle*
* A glass works well if you have a splinter on a large surface like your palm, but a plastic bottle works better for smaller areas, like a finger. Whatever receptacle you use, make sure that the surface of your skin completely covers the opening of the container.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Fill the bottle or glass with hot water almost to the rim and firmly place the area where your splinter lies over the opening. Let the pressure and steam pull the splinter out.
- Once the splinter comes out a little, use tweezers to pull out the remainder.
How does it work?
Placing your skin against the opening of the bottle of hot water creates a vacuum that sucks the splinter out. This happens because the water cools as the steam rises, but this steam makes your skin warm. This difference in temperature creates a powerful suction. The steam also opens your pores to loosen your skin’s grip on the splinter.
And there you have it! This hundred-year-old-trick could save you from a mild infection or a trip to the clinic.
Just remember to add a thin coat of coconut oil or a homemade antibiotic to keep your wound clean after the procedure.
- Medicine For More Than 50 Diseases: This Super Tea Kills Parasites And Cleanses The Body of Toxins
Many of the ingredients used in this tea have been proven to help in the prevention of many deadly diseases …
- What Your Doctor Doesn’t Know About Nutritional Medicine May Be Killing You
Dr Ray Strand’s What Your Doctor Doesn’t Know About Nutritional Medicine May Be Killing You was originally published over ten …
- 7 Relaxing and Restorative Yoga Poses For a Better Night’s Sleep
Some people find that as they age, sleep comes less easily to them than it used to. If this is …
- 30 Reasons To NEVER Put Another M&M In Your Mouth Ever Again
M&M’s can be hard to resist. Especially, if you grew up with them. Yet, very few people know about the …
- How To Remove Dangerous Mold And Unpleasant Odors From Your Washing Machine With 2 Ingredients
Many people think of their washing machine as a self-cleaning appliance. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. You may notice after …
- Love Hurts: The Neuroscience Behind Heartache
It’s that time of year again. Whether you’d like to admit it or not, Valentine’s Day brings with it emotions, …
- These 18 Brands Of Lipstick Are Full Of Cancer-Causing Heavy Metals
Could your lipstick be full of hidden toxins? Women of all ages use lipsticks and gloss to brighten or finish …
- Soak Your Whites In Baking Soda Water For THIS Genius Reason!
Most people find themselves thinking twice before purchasing a classic white blouse or shirt. The fact is that white clothing …
- Beware of Toxic Air Fresheners
Have you read the labels of your synthetic air fresheners? The ingredients in air fresheners can be toxic to your …
- Maryland To Become First State to Ban Bee-Killing Pesticides
Pesticides have become an ever-increasing problem for wildlife and biodiversity. One of the most vulnerable victims to these chemicals has …
- These TOXIC Ingredients Are The Reason Why You’re Better Off Making Your Own Toothpaste
You might be surprised to learn that your toothpaste is loaded with unnecessary toxic ingredients. There’s a reason why the …
- Say Cheese! Incredible Ultrasound Captures Baby Smiling in His Mother’s Womb
5-month-old Leo David Hargreaves born in the UK has been smiling since before he was born, and he hasn’t stopped …
- 5 Frightening Diseases You Can Save Yourself From By Sleeping Better
Everyone’s pulled an all-nighter at some point in their lives, and experienced the side effects of not getting enough sleep …
- 8 Subtle Signs of Heart Disease That Are Often Missed
Heart disease isn’t always as obvious as we would like to think, and even doctors can miss out on some …
- 2 Easy Ways to Prepare Nettle Syrup To Help Cleanse Your Blood and Clear Your Arteries
Nettle syrup is commonly used for blood cleansing, but it’s also useful against allergies, inflammation and hypertension. Those with asthma …