Turmeric is a great spice – distinctive yet versatile, it’s useful in all sorts of dishes, but isn’t usually used in sweet, dessert like dishes such as turmeric mango smoothie.
That’s where this recipe comes in.
Combining the savory flavor of turmeric with the sweetness of mango and pineapple, this is a delicious sweet treat, perfect for these late summer days and loaded with health-promoting ingredients.
Turmeric Mango Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups cubed frozen mango
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple, chopped
- 3/4 cups water
- 5 oz greek or coconut-flavored yogurt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
In a blender or food processor, combine the ingredients and blend until smooth. Garnish with your choice of goji berries, toasted unsweetened coconut flakes, raw hemp seeds or chia seeds.
Here’s Why It’s So Good For You!
Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory due to the compound curcumin. It can help relieve symptoms of arthritis(1) by alleviating inflammation, and is also associated with the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease(2). It can also help prevent and slow the development of certain cancers(3) and help treat digestive problems by reducing inflammation in the body.
This warm and fragrant spice can be found in stick or powdered form, and is associated strongly with lowered blood sugar levels, making the perfect addition to a recipe loaded with natural sugar(4). Cinnamon also helps reduce oxidative stress and inflammation(5).
Rich in vitamin A – which is linked to bone growth and eye health – mangoes are also packed with fiber, which is important not only for promoting a healthy digestive tract but for preventing certain types of cancer as well(6).
Pineapple is chock full of vitamin C, an antioxidant which helps prevent damage to the body at a cellular level and is also widely known for its immune-system-boosting properties(7).
Fermented foods like yogurt are essential for promoting the growth of “good” bacteria in your gut, and increasing the diversity of your gut’s natural microbiome(8). By incorporating yogurt into your diet along with fresh, fiber-rich foods like mango and pineapple, you’re guaranteeing a healthier gut and digestive system, which is vital to your body on multiple levels – after all, your gut produces most of your body’s serotonin!
- Native American “Root Beer”: A Homemade Tonic to Purify Your Blood
The root beer we find on the grocery store shelves today is a far cry from its healthful ancestor. Homemade …
- Here’s How To Make Your Own Kombucha Tea (You’ll Love This Probiotic-Rich Beverage!)
Kombucha is a fermented tea drink that has been gaining popularity recently due to many claims about its health-promoting properties. …
- Raw Protein Balls Made With Cacao, Hemp, Chia and Flax Seeds (Takes Less Than 10 Minutes to Make!)
These protein balls not only taste great, but are high in protein, essential fats, and antioxidants – the perfect snack …
- Creative and Better Ways to Eat Your ‘Trees’
A rich source of vitamins and minerals, fiber, flavonoids and cholesterol lowering nutrients makes broccoli quite a super food. However, sometimes …
- 5 Mouth-Watering Apple Recipes
No need to over-complicate things when searching for that healthy snack in the supermarket when an apple can provide you …
- This 3-Ingredient Homemade Syrup Helps Relieve Sore Throat and Cough
A sore throat is one of the easiest ways to detect the common cold. The virus causes inflammation in your …
- 3-Ingredient Celery Juice To Quickly Detox Your Kidneys, Heart And Joints
Detoxifying your body doesn’t stop at your liver, you also have to focus on tissues that accumulate heavy metals and …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- Prepare Healthy and Delicious Pineapple Popsicles Using Only 3 Ingredients
If you’ve ever been to Disneyland, you may be familiar with the Dole whip – a frozen desert featuring pineapple …
- Homemade Honey-Ginger Paste – The Most Effective Treatment for Sore Throat, Cold and Flu
This recipe for a throat-soothing paste is absolutely invaluable. Ginger and honey make this recipe not only soothing for your …
- 5 Soup Recipes To Warm The Bones
Winter is officially upon us, and with it, frigid temperatures are making their appearance across the nation. There is nothing …
- Easy To Make Lemon Lavender Pancakes (With Coconut Flour and Homemade Almond Milk)
Pancakes are the ultimate all-American breakfast food. While there are many amazing toppings you can try to take your pancake …
- 5 Nourishing Carrot Recipes. #3 Will Make You Drool.
Many parents try telling their children that the more carrots they eat – the better they will be able to …
- 5 Interesting Uses of Green Tea
Green tea is well known for its antioxidant properties that aid in a myriad of health benefits, including the classic …
- Drink This Homemade Syrup To Help Loosen Up Chest Phlegm and Expel It Out of Your Body
The worst part of a bad chest cold is probably the feeling of congestion you get in your chest, and …