Turmeric is a great spice – distinctive yet versatile, it’s useful in all sorts of dishes, but isn’t usually used in sweet, dessert like dishes such as turmeric mango smoothie.
That’s where this recipe comes in.
Combining the savory flavor of turmeric with the sweetness of mango and pineapple, this is a delicious sweet treat, perfect for these late summer days and loaded with health-promoting ingredients.
Turmeric Mango Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups cubed frozen mango
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple, chopped
- 3/4 cups water
- 5 oz greek or coconut-flavored yogurt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
In a blender or food processor, combine the ingredients and blend until smooth. Garnish with your choice of goji berries, toasted unsweetened coconut flakes, raw hemp seeds or chia seeds.
Here’s Why It’s So Good For You!
Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory due to the compound curcumin. It can help relieve symptoms of arthritis(1) by alleviating inflammation, and is also associated with the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease(2). It can also help prevent and slow the development of certain cancers(3) and help treat digestive problems by reducing inflammation in the body.
This warm and fragrant spice can be found in stick or powdered form, and is associated strongly with lowered blood sugar levels, making the perfect addition to a recipe loaded with natural sugar(4). Cinnamon also helps reduce oxidative stress and inflammation(5).
Rich in vitamin A – which is linked to bone growth and eye health – mangoes are also packed with fiber, which is important not only for promoting a healthy digestive tract but for preventing certain types of cancer as well(6).
Pineapple is chock full of vitamin C, an antioxidant which helps prevent damage to the body at a cellular level and is also widely known for its immune-system-boosting properties(7).
Fermented foods like yogurt are essential for promoting the growth of “good” bacteria in your gut, and increasing the diversity of your gut’s natural microbiome(8). By incorporating yogurt into your diet along with fresh, fiber-rich foods like mango and pineapple, you’re guaranteeing a healthier gut and digestive system, which is vital to your body on multiple levels – after all, your gut produces most of your body’s serotonin!
- 27 Turmeric Recipes That Will Spice Up Your Life
Turmeric is the superfood that makes our cooking dazzle. But it does ever so much more than simply flavor and color our food. Cooking …
- How To Make Your Own Super-Healthy Detox Tea
The ingredients in this detox tea have been reported to possess a whole list of powerful health benefits, including antioxidant, …
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Mix Sauerkraut And Turmeric
Fermentation isn’t limited to the process of making your favorite beer or wine. It’s actually used to produce a wide …
- How to Make Fruit Roll-Ups at Home With REAL Fruit and Gelatin For Your Hair, Skin and Joints
Despite being advertised as containing “real fruit”, commercial fruit roll-ups contain in fact more hydrogenated oil and high-fructose corn syrup …
- They Said Drinking Turmeric Tea Is Good For You…Here’s What They Didn’t Tell You
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years and western medicine is finally catching on. …
- The Fat-Burning Coconut Cookies you Can Eat for Breakfast to Boost Your Metabolism
There are few things more satisfying than a good-for-you cookie. As health-conscious people, we forego junk food and added sugars …
- Infuse Your Honey With Ginger In 20 Minutes For A Quick Immune System Boost
With winter just around the corner, most people are dreading the advent of cold season. Aside from staying warm and …
- These Raw Vegan Coconut-Lemon Meltaways Will NOT Disappoint You
Everyone loves the tart citrus flavor of lemons, especially in desert form. These raw vegan lemon balls have a smooth, …
- Raw Protein Balls Made With Cacao, Hemp, Chia and Flax Seeds (Takes Less Than 10 Minutes to Make!)
These protein balls not only taste great, but are high in protein, essential fats, and antioxidants – the perfect snack …
- This Smoothie Is So Good You Won’t Believe It Has One of the Most Powerful Antioxidants In The World
Smoothies are the perfect meal supplement for people looking to lose weight while still getting essential nutrients in their diet. …
- This Blueberry-Coconut Smoothie Is Both Tasty And a Powerful Tool In Your Weight Loss Arsenal
Smoothies are a great way to start your day – perfect for breakfast or a midday snack, they’re often loaded …
- A Green Smoothie That Doesn’t Taste Like Grass!
If you’re looking for a super-clean, super-tasty start to the day when you wake up in the morning, be sure …
- This Ravioli Recipe Combines 2 Superfoods For a Supercharged Meal Loaded With Antioxidants
The simplicity of this recipe may not be as obvious as it is; making your own pasta can sound daunting, …
- Ginger Lemon Tea Recipe To Detox Your Body And Get Rid of Bloating
In today’s world, we face increasing amounts of chemicals than ever before. It’s present in our food, household products and even in the air (1). In addition …
- 10 Vegan Recipes That Cheese Addicts Will Love
1. Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese This one is a classic. Recipe here. 2. Roasted Sweet Potato and Bean Quesadillas …