What’s better than a sip of lemonade to quench your thirst?
Ice tea maybe?
With all the added sugar in conventional lemonade or sweet tea, health enthusiasts are getting more and more creative with their recipes. Some of the more delicious recipes utilize superfoods like lavender or turmeric.
So why not combine both of these refreshing drinks for the ultimate thirst-quencher!
The Advantage of Matcha
Matcha is a Japanese green tea that comes in powder form.
It’s long been praised as a healthy life-lengthening liquid,as it contains 137 times more Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG- an antioxidant) than green tea (1).
That’s because tea farmers cover the leaves used to make the tea 3 weeks before harvest. That way, the tea bush boosts its chlorophyll production to utilize as much sun as possible. Grown this way, the leaves contain more nutrients than regular green tea.
Another compound in matcha, L-theanine, improves focus, fights stress, and prevent neurogenerative conditions (4). It also has anti-inflammatory benefits and increase alpha brain wave activity to promote relaxation, improved creativity, and decreased anxiety (5).
Additionally, L-theanine causes caffeine to be released more slowly for a more consistent and long-lasting source of energy (6).
- Boost metabolism
- Lower cholesterol
- Prevent against heart disease
- Promote weight loss
- Kill cancer
- Prevent kidney and liver damage caused by diabetes
- Improve digestion
The Ultimate Matcha Drink Recipe
You’ll never look at lemonade the same way again !
- 2 cups of hot water
- 6 cups cold filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon of matcha powder
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Raw organic honey (to taste)
- Stir the matcha and honey into the hot water until well dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and cold water.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Researchers Discover Simple Compound in Olive Oil That Kills Cancer Cells in 30 Minutes
A study published in the journal Molecular & Cellular Oncology has revealed compelling evidence that a novel approach to cancer …
- 5 Everyday Foods That Can Help Prevent Kidney Stones
The pain from having a kidney stone can be excruciating. This is why it is vital you ensure you are …
- An Idiot’s Guide To Post Workout Recovery Drinks
(originally written by Andrew Read) Ever since man stopped struggling to survive and got to the point where there was enough …
- Bacteria That Causes Tooth Decay, Acne, Tuberculosis and Pneumonia Can Be Killed By This One Seed
Gram positive bacteria, which cause tooth decay, acne, tuberculosis, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Francisella tularensis, and leprosy are all killed by anacardic …
- This Butter Pecan Cheesecake Will Make Your Holiday Dinner More Exciting
Dessert is like the punctuation to the perfect meal: during large family gatherings, it’s almost necessary. And while dessert isn’t …
- How To Bake The Perfect Guilt-Free Sweet Potato Fries
There’s nothing quite like the satisfaction of eating crispy, fresh fries on a nice, sunny day. But for many people, …
- The Good, Bad and Ugly About GMOs
GMOS, A TERM that’s thrown around all the time but rarely understood, have been taking a lot of flack lately. …
- Eating Saturated Fat Is Not The Problem, But Eating Trans Fats Is Another Story
In recent years, health experts and scientists have come to agree that saturated fat alone isn’t responsible for heart disease. …
- You’re Craving Chromium, NOT Sugar. Eat THESE Chromium-Rich Foods Instead!
Do you feel like you are constantly craving something sweet—even when you aren’t hungry? Are your sugar cravings taking control …
- Eating Beans And Other Legumes Help Cut The Risk of 5 Deadly Cancers
If you’re worried about cancer, including beans in meal planning could go a long way to ease your mind. Research …
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Should Have Bone Broth At Least Once a Week
An old South American proverb says, “A good broth will resurrect the dead.” Perhaps that is a bit of melodrama, …
- McDonald’s Cozies Up to Foodies to Prove Its Food is ‘Real’
This falls into the category of “surely you must be joking”. In efforts to improve its flagging sales, McDonald’s recently …
- How To Make Your Own Super-Healthy Detox Tea
The ingredients in this detox tea have been reported to possess a whole list of powerful health benefits, including antioxidant, …
- Can You Burn Calories And Fat By Drinking Coffee
Have you ever thought, while sweating away on the treadmill or the stair climber, that it might be nice to …
- 10 Delicious Foods That Won’t Send Your Blood Sugar Levels Through The Roof!
If you’re suffering from Type 2 Diabetes or are struggling with your weight, chances are your blood sugar levels are …