19. Fenugreek seeds with Water
- 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup of water
- Soak the seeds overnight and strain in the morning.
- Eat in the morning with kefir or yogurt.
- Repeat daily.
20. Grape Juice
- 3 cups of grape juice
- Half a tablespoon of fruit pectin
- Combine the ingredients and consume twice a day for two weeks.
21. Cold Compress
Cold compresses constrict blood vessels to reduce swelling to the site of pain. Make your own compress by placing a few ice cubes in a towel and leaving it on twice for 10 minutes at a time and repeat as needed.
22. Dandelion Leaves
Dandelion leaves are high in vitamin A and C and are known to promote healing and blood flow.
- 3 tablespoons of powdered dandelion leaves
- 4 drops of honey
- A cup of water
- Add ingredients to the water and boil for a few minutes.
- Strain, sweeten with honey and drink three times a week.
More Useful Tips
Here are 16 additional tips to prevent and relieve the pain in the knees:
- Rest your knees as much as possible when pain flares up.
- Build up the muscles around your knees through specialized exercises.
- Avoid activities that put a strain on your knees.
- Eat more foods rich in magnesium.
- Fight pain and swelling on the spot by applying a hot pad.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects
- Quit smoking, which promotes inflammation and slows healing.
- Massage your knees regularly.
- Treat knee injuries seriously and take proper care to prevent further complications.
- You should walk for 15 minutes every day to stretch out your leg muscles.
- Always wear comfortable shoes.
- Avoid wearing high heels.
- Sit or lie down when experiencing knee pain.
- Use frozen peas as a makeshift compress to treat severe pain in the knees.
- Maintain a healthy weight to keep the extra pressure off your knees.
- Stay well-hydrated to keep your joints lubricated.