Curcumin is the active phytochemical in turmeric that has been found effective in preventing and treating a variety of maladies, including: cancer, colitis, arthritis, Chron’s disease, depression, lupus, irritable bowel, liver and heart disease, and diabetes.(1)
It is a potent anti-inflammatory—inflammation in the body is a known precursor to illness and disease.
The way that it works is by regulating the stimulation of apoptic proteins (responsible for cell death) to rid the body of abnormal cells and cytokines: pro-inflammatory molecules that promote communication between cells.(2)
Somehow, curcumin seems to know the difference between a healthy cell and an abnormal one and prevents abnormal cells from replicating and growing.(3)
Adding Turmeric To Your Diet To Ward Of Disease.
Its mild flavor can be added to almost anything and its bright yellow-orange color can enliven foods you already eat. Used extensively in Indian cuisine, this rhizome from the ginger family has been used in many cultures as a staple spice and home remedy.
Ingesting curcumin is effective in reducing inflammation and managing growth of abnormal cells, however, its full healing potential isn’t realized because its bioavailability is limited. Researchers have been looking for other ways to unleash curcumin’s power.
By injecting a solution directly into cancerous tumors, for example, residual curcumin levels have been found to linger for almost a month. By hanging around longer, the effects of apoptosis (self-destruction of cells) and inhibition of tumor growth are vastly increased.(4)
In recent years, intravenous therapy has been introduced as a means of treatment with curcumin. In one study, it was found to heal brain damage caused by trauma, stroke, and radiation treatment.(5)
A ground-breaking Chinese study showed that intravenous curcumin treatment was effective in inhibiting the growth of colon cancer cells.(6)
Because curcumin is fat-soluble, combining it with an intravenous solution enables its broader dispersion through the body.
According to the Advanced Rejuvenation Institute in Australia, curcumin helps combat cancer in several ways:(7)
- Curcumin has an ability to promote healthy cells to grow, while slowing down the proliferation and growth of cancer cells.
- It causes cancer apoptosis (programmed cell death) at lower stages of cancer than other treatments.
- Curcumin works against toxins and enzymes that promote cancer cell growth, significantly slowing down and often inhibiting the progression of cancer.
- It prevents angiogenesis (creation of new blood vessels), thus cutting off blood supply from cancer cells; cancer cells starve and stop growing.
- Curcumin slows down inflammation—an environment conducive to the growth of cancer cells—slowing down cancer growth.
Using curcumin intravenously means that it is absorbed by the body better and faster, which may be especially useful for cancer patients for whom time is vital.
Curcumin has antioxidant properties that, when combined with vitamin C, has been found to combat hepatotoxicity (liver damage caused by medication).
When tested separately in one study, neither the vitamin C nor the curcumin were able to reverse the damage, but were effective when combined.(7)
Curcumin causes the production of high levels of “the master antioxidant” glutathione; the relevance to liver damage: 4-HNE is a highly toxic substance that is produced in the liver when it has been compromised and glutathione has been shown to diffuse this substance, significantly reducing toxicity.(8)
Another curcumin partner that increases its bioavailability is phosphatidylcholine, a natural chemical that can be found in eggs, sunflower seeds, and mustard.
Phosphatidylcholine has been used intravenously to treat high cholesterol, liver disease, fatty tumors, atheriosclerosis, and hepatitis C.(9) These two substances combined are highly toxic to breast cancer cells—five times more effective than curcumin alone.(10)
You can try this fast and easy turmeric and black pepper soup at home (not to inject but to eat!)—click here for the recipe.
- Spray This Oil And You Will Never See Mold Again
Mold is everywhere, whether you can see it or not. These microscopic fungi flourish not only in the bathroom but …
- Science Proves Himalayan Salt Lamps Fight Anxiety and Depression
If you’ve already made the switch to Himalayan salt in the kitchen, why not take it a step further? Large …
- Avoid Fleas and Ticks Forever With This Natural Remedy!
Every pet owner knows how annoying fleas can be. These minuscule insects can multiply in days and easily infest your …
- 9 Exercises To Burn Abdominal Fat
What are the best exercises to burn belly fat? A common question in the world of fitness. Belly fat is …
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- The EXACT Amount of Epsom Salts You Should Be Adding to Your Bath Based on Your Weight
Epsom salt may look like salt, but it’s actually magnesium sulfate, a mineral compound (1). Epsom salt can be used …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …