Curcumin is the active phytochemical in turmeric that has been found effective in preventing and treating a variety of maladies, including: cancer, colitis, arthritis, Chron’s disease, depression, lupus, irritable bowel, liver and heart disease, and diabetes.(1)
It is a potent anti-inflammatory—inflammation in the body is a known precursor to illness and disease.
The way that it works is by regulating the stimulation of apoptic proteins (responsible for cell death) to rid the body of abnormal cells and cytokines: pro-inflammatory molecules that promote communication between cells.(2)
Somehow, curcumin seems to know the difference between a healthy cell and an abnormal one and prevents abnormal cells from replicating and growing.(3)
Adding Turmeric To Your Diet To Ward Of Disease.
Its mild flavor can be added to almost anything and its bright yellow-orange color can enliven foods you already eat. Used extensively in Indian cuisine, this rhizome from the ginger family has been used in many cultures as a staple spice and home remedy.
Ingesting curcumin is effective in reducing inflammation and managing growth of abnormal cells, however, its full healing potential isn’t realized because its bioavailability is limited. Researchers have been looking for other ways to unleash curcumin’s power.
By injecting a solution directly into cancerous tumors, for example, residual curcumin levels have been found to linger for almost a month. By hanging around longer, the effects of apoptosis (self-destruction of cells) and inhibition of tumor growth are vastly increased.(4)
In recent years, intravenous therapy has been introduced as a means of treatment with curcumin. In one study, it was found to heal brain damage caused by trauma, stroke, and radiation treatment.(5)
A ground-breaking Chinese study showed that intravenous curcumin treatment was effective in inhibiting the growth of colon cancer cells.(6)
Because curcumin is fat-soluble, combining it with an intravenous solution enables its broader dispersion through the body.
According to the Advanced Rejuvenation Institute in Australia, curcumin helps combat cancer in several ways:(7)
- Curcumin has an ability to promote healthy cells to grow, while slowing down the proliferation and growth of cancer cells.
- It causes cancer apoptosis (programmed cell death) at lower stages of cancer than other treatments.
- Curcumin works against toxins and enzymes that promote cancer cell growth, significantly slowing down and often inhibiting the progression of cancer.
- It prevents angiogenesis (creation of new blood vessels), thus cutting off blood supply from cancer cells; cancer cells starve and stop growing.
- Curcumin slows down inflammation—an environment conducive to the growth of cancer cells—slowing down cancer growth.
Using curcumin intravenously means that it is absorbed by the body better and faster, which may be especially useful for cancer patients for whom time is vital.
Curcumin has antioxidant properties that, when combined with vitamin C, has been found to combat hepatotoxicity (liver damage caused by medication).
When tested separately in one study, neither the vitamin C nor the curcumin were able to reverse the damage, but were effective when combined.(7)
Curcumin causes the production of high levels of “the master antioxidant” glutathione; the relevance to liver damage: 4-HNE is a highly toxic substance that is produced in the liver when it has been compromised and glutathione has been shown to diffuse this substance, significantly reducing toxicity.(8)
Another curcumin partner that increases its bioavailability is phosphatidylcholine, a natural chemical that can be found in eggs, sunflower seeds, and mustard.
Phosphatidylcholine has been used intravenously to treat high cholesterol, liver disease, fatty tumors, atheriosclerosis, and hepatitis C.(9) These two substances combined are highly toxic to breast cancer cells—five times more effective than curcumin alone.(10)
You can try this fast and easy turmeric and black pepper soup at home (not to inject but to eat!)—click here for the recipe.
- Sauna Exposed: What Happens To Your Body After Using A Sauna
Saunas have a long history in Scandinavian health and culture. With over 2000 years of history and more saunas in …
- Put THIS Mixture Under Your Tongue Before Bed And NEVER Wake Up Tired Again!
Sleep may be an everyday activity, but very few people give it much thought. Even those who suffer from sleep loss …
- What Happens to FAT, Inflammation and Immunity When You Eat 1 Tbsp of Elderberry Syrup Daily
Have your parents ever warned you not to eat the poisonous red berries of the elderberry bush? Surprisingly, when these …
- The Oncologist Told Her She Only Had 6 months Left to Live. Boy, Did She Prove Her Wrong!
An Australian woman in her mid-50s posted a YouTube video explaining how she eliminated her stage IV lung cancer with …
- How to Detox with a Coconut Oil Cleanse to Get Rid of Parasites, Viruses, and Fungal Infections
Coconut Oil Detox “Detox” is a word that flies around alternate medicine circles all the time. But what does that …
- FDA Approves Robotic Exoskeleton For Paralyzed Users
This isn’t the first time science fact has caught up with science fiction. And in this case, the technology provides …
- Massive Recall Issued For Contaminated Canned Tuna!
On March 16th 2016, the FDA published a tuna recall affecting three companies with product processed at the same facility. In …
- 3 Minerals To Reduce and Eliminate Cellulite
Every woman would love to know how to win the war against cellulite. CNN reports “more than 90 percent of …
- Feed Your Brain The Right Nutrients To Help Regulate Your Mood And Curb Depression
There’s a growing body of research that says that for people with depression, proper nutrition can provide a world of …
- No, They’re NOT Really Baby Carrots – Here’s What You Need To Know
Baby carrots don’t grow in nature. They’re actually a man-made product and were first introduced into the market in 1986 as a …
- Why You Must Never Throw Away Sprouted Garlic
Most people throw out old garlic once it’s grown a bright green shoot. While garlic can grow harmful mold if …
- 4 Surprising Ways Reading Is Good For You
Who doesn’t love to snuggle up with coffee or hot cocoa with a good book? If you are one of …
- World’s Most Popular Multivitamin Is Useless And Contains Toxic Chemicals And Artificial Colors
“That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” While this may be true for …
- Coca-Cola Paid $1,000,000 to Make Sure You Don’t Know This
Coca-Cola’s sales have been steadily declining in recent years due to the public’s increased awareness of its most popular drink’s …
- 6 Plants that Will Help Keep Your House Naturally Cool
There’s something about house plants that makes a place homier. Bringing green into your home feels comforting, especially in winter …