Store bought sunscreens can have some harmful side effects and many people today are choosing to go a healthier, more natural root; but what is the solution when it comes to sunscreens?
Coconut oil itself has a fairly low sun protection factor (4-10) but when combined with other ingredients it can become a better solution for caring for your skin. The recipe below mixes a number of natural ingredients that are safer for your skin than commercially available sunscreens and that have beneficial properties to protect your skin :
Coconut oil: Apart from its low SPF factor, coconut oil also has antiseptic effects and helps to improve skin hydration.
Shea Butter: Shea butter is well known for its skin healing properties, it contains vitamins A and E and enhances skin cell regeneration and blood circulation.
Sesame oil: Sesame oil also has a low SPF and is a good skin softener
Raspberry seed oil: Raspberry seed oil has a high skin protection factor, is rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin E.
Carrot seed oil: Carrot seed oil has excellent antioxidant, antiseptic, and antifungal properties; as well as having a high natural SPF factor of 38-40. Probably the most important protective ingredient in this recipe.
Essential Oils of Your Choice: different essential oils have different effects on your skin but a number of these oils provide benefits for your skin as well as other health problems you may be experiencing.
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup shea butter
- 1/8 cup sesame or jojoba oil
- 2tbsp beeswax granules
- 1-2tbsp zinc oxide powder (optional)
- 1tsp red raspberry seed oil
- 20-30 drops carrot seed essential oil
- Essential oils of your choice (lavender, rosemary, vanilla, and/or peppermint)
1. In a double boiler or small pan melt the coconut oil, sesame or jojoba oil, beeswax and shea butter.
2. After everything has melted together, remove from the heat and allow to cool. Whisk in zinc oxide powder (optional) ensuring that you do not create a lot of dust (you may want to wear a face mask).
3. Put in fridge for another 15-30 minutes so that it starts to set but doesn’t get too hard (you still want to be able to whip it.)
4. Once it has started to set but is still fairly soft, take it out and add the raspberry seed oil, carrot seed essential oil and any other essential oils and mix with a stand mixer or hand mixer until it appears to be light and fluffy.
5. Your sunblock is now ready. Store in fridge and apply as necessary.
By creating your own homemade sunscreen you can not only prevent the damage caused by the commercially available brands but can also add ingredients that will have beneficial, healing properties on your skin. This easy to make sunscreen has emollient, antiseptic, antioxidant and antifungal properties apart from its sun protection factor and you can add more based on your choice of essential oils.
- 15 Anti-cancer Tips Gathered From The Best Natural Cancer Protocols Ever Discovered
The best method to prevent cancer from ever developing is not giving it any reasons to do so. But that isn’t …
- Here’s Why Your Lack of Sleep Is Causing Your Body To Gain Weight
It’s amazing how many people try to soldier through life on only a few hours of sleep. They see their …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- Shocking: Obesity Found to Spark 500,000 Cancer Cases Annually
It is an unfortunate truth that both the United States’ and the world’s populations are becoming fatter. It seems that …
- What Happens When you Drink Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey Water On An Empty Stomach In The Morning…
Updated Jul 7 2016. Drinking apple cider vinegar and honey water is strongly recommended for people who experience inflammation, problems with …
- Here’s Why So Many Olympic Athletes Are Going Crazy For THIS Ancient Healing Technique!
If you’ve been following the Rio Olympics this year, then you’ve probably caught a glimpse of the large polka-dots bruises …
- 7 Cancer-Causing Products Hiding In Your Home
If you take the time to monitor what you eat and how much you exercise, it’s really important for you …
- Doctor Plays Ukulele To Serenade Toddler With Cancer, And She Can’t Help But Dance With Joy!
Keeping a positive outlook and happy mind is one of the most powerful weapons when fighting an illness. And music …
- 15 Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Your Body And Home!
You’d think that the products you use to keep your home clean and healthy for your family would do just …
- This Is Not A Normal Bug…If You See One Do THIS Immediately!
Bugs can be annoying, but most of them are pretty harmless, right? You may have heard of the seemingly innocent …
- 5 Simple Steps to Reverse the Effects of Aging
Why is it that some people seem to age slowly and gracefully, while others look haggard at a relatively young …
- Smile! How To Be Happy Now In 10 Easy Steps
Happiness doesn’t just feel good – it’s good for your health. Multiple studies have shown that depression and anxiety are …
- How To Make a Clay Pot Heater To Keep Your House Warm When There’s a Power Outage
Living in colder climates often means having to choose between being eco-friendly or being warm. Most people are not aware …
- 6 Ways to Boost a Slow Metabolism. Just Doing #5 Helps A Lot.
The dreaded slow metabolism is a frequent roadblock in the effort to get fit by losing weight. If your body …
- How To Get Rid of Strep Throat Fast And Without Antibiotics
A painful and inflamed throat is a good indication that you may have a strep infection. Strep throat is very common and …