This recipe for pickled turmeric promises to reduce inflammation & promote wellness.
But before we begin, let’s take a quick look at why turmeric is considered one of the world’s most powerful natural healers.
Its’ active ingredient curcumin, has been known for centuries to have extremely potent medicinal properties — and is documented as being effective in treating a variety of conditions.
Most notably, Turmeric is used for immune system support and in the treatment of inflammatory disorders (i.e. arthritis)…but that’s not all!
Top 10 Reasons to Incorporate Turmeric into your Daily Diet
- Turmeric root is an anti-microbial. That means it will attack both bacterial infections and viral infections and destroy both. It is particularly effective in treating illnesses of the respiratory system (this makes it a superb remedy for the cold and flu season).
- It has shown to prevent and stop the growth of prostate, breast, skin, lung and colon cancer
- Known to reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes
- A natural liver detoxifier.
- Research shows it may prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- As a potent natural anti-inflammatory, turmeric may work just as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs. Furthermore, reducing the risks associated with the side effects of those types of medications.
- It’s a natural painkiller.
- Aids in fat metabolism (i.e. helps with weight management)
- Trusted for many, many years in other cultures as a treatment for depression.
- Skin health! It speeds up wound healing and assists in the treatment of acne, eczema, psoriasis, and uneven pigmentation.