Foot pads have been used and sold in Japan for hundreds of years. Similar to acupuncture, which has a positive effect on people’s energetic systems, the use of foot pads improve the body’s autonomic nervous system. According to Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt of the American Academy of Neural Therapy,
“The major physiological effect of the foot pads is in the stimulation of the liver and kidney meridians. This increases the metabolic rate at which the liver and kidney cells detoxify the blood and purify the body. I use the pads personally every time I fly or at night when I feel that my body needs additional detoxification support or I am experiencing a Herxheimer reaction resulting from Lyme disease treatment.”
Essentially, food pads rely on reflexology, which is an ancient healing art that uses reflex points on the bottom of the feet to activate organs and systems throughout the body.
It’s believed that stimulating these reflex areas can promote health in the corresponding organs and systems through energetic pathways.
By placing detox foot pads on these reflex points, they will help energize, stimulate and detoxify your body. via GlobalHealingCenter
Why Are Detox Pads Worn On Your Feet?
The pads are worn on the feet for a couple of reasons – the feet are considered in Oriental medicine to be the “second heart” – that is, they help pump return circulation of blood and lymph back up into the torso.
With much of our time being sedentary these days, this natural pumping action is inhibited and circulation tends to bog down around the feet, ankles and lower legs. via PurifyYourBody
In fact, just sitting down on a chair cuts blood flow to your lower body by 50%.
How Do Detox Foot Pads Work?
Foot patches or foot pads are classified by the Therapeutic Goods Administration as a therapeutic medical device and work like a poultice. via BodyAndSoul
Homemade Detox Foot Pads
These pads are quick and easy to make. Plus, you probably already have all the ingredients at home!
- A tablespoon of finely chopped garlic
- A tablespoon finely chopped onion
- apple cider vinegar
- Self sticking gauze pads
- A small saucepan
- Bring ¼ cup organic apple cider to a boil.
- Add onion and garlic to the apple cider vinegar and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the solution from heat and let it cool for about 20 minutes.
- Pour the solution onto gauze pads until they are saturated but not dripping.
- Squeeze out any excess fluid from the pads, making sure not to wet the adhesive.
- Apply the gauze pads on the center of the soles of your feet.
- Put socks on to keep them in place.
- Go to sleep.
- Peel the pad off in the morning.
- Breastfeeding Boosts Your Baby’s Immune System And Lowers Your Risk of Ovarian And Breast Cancer
Breastfeeding isn’t easy for most new mothers, but science is suggesting that it’s a struggle worth pushing through. When it …
- 10 Herbs To Replace Painkillers Without Any Side Effects
We are a nation of pill-poppers! While prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs fall slightly short of our addiction to marijuana …
- How To Make Alkaline Water To Fight Fatigue, Digestive Issues And Cancer
Is alkaline water good for you? A healthy body should always be slightly alkaline. The majority of people today, however, tend to …
- Massive Recall Issued For Contaminated Canned Tuna!
On March 16th 2016, the FDA published a tuna recall affecting three companies with product processed at the same facility. In …
- Tommy Chong of ‘Cheech & Chong’ Fame: “I’m Cancer-Free” Thanks to Hemp Oil and The Right Diet
Cancer is metaphorically our generation’s new “four letter word.” No one wants to even discuss it, let alone be told …
- This Is What Happens To Your Heart When You Sit Still For More Than 6 Hours At a Time
Have you ever thought about how many hours you actually spend sitting in a day? More and more studies are …
- PepsiCo Finally Comes Clean And Admits The Truth About Their Bottled Water
Many people who regularly drink bottled water do so because they believe that it’s safer and is of better quality …
- Wal-Mart to Sell Organic Food at ‘Non-Organic Prices’
On April 10, retail giant Wal-Mart announced a plan to offer packaged organic foods at prices comparable to their non-organic …
- Wearing a Pair of Eyeglasses Like These Could Help You Sleep Better At Night And Here’s Why
According to the CDC, insufficient sleep is a national epidemic, “linked to motor vehicle crashes, industrial disasters, and medical and …
- If You Notice a Dark Ring Around Your Neck, Go See Your Doctor Immediately! This Is What It Means
Obesity rates have been on the rise over the last decade. In fact, there are more and more cases of …
- Anyone Whose Hair Is Falling Out Needs To Make This 2-Ingredient Drink Immediately
Hormones are chemical transmitters in the body that tell cells what to do and when. They are produced by the …
- Want to Live Longer? Learn How Sleep Can Keep You Going
A quarter of adults in the United States don’t get enough sleep on a regular basis. If you’re one of …
- Black Pepper And Turmeric – The Combination That Could Save Lives
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diseases that can affect both men and women. Although breast cancer itself …
- Cannabis Spray Treatment Helps 9-Year-Old-Boy With Severe Autism Say His First Words Ever…This Is Amazing!
Autism is a major challenge for any family to endure. While many pharmaceutical and therapeutic treatments are available to help …
- Why You Should NEVER Buy Or Drink This Type of Milk Ever Again
Did you know that up until recently, the soybean was not even considered fit to eat? Although it has been …