Foot pads have been used and sold in Japan for hundreds of years. Similar to acupuncture, which has a positive effect on people’s energetic systems, the use of foot pads improve the body’s autonomic nervous system. According to Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt of the American Academy of Neural Therapy,
“The major physiological effect of the foot pads is in the stimulation of the liver and kidney meridians. This increases the metabolic rate at which the liver and kidney cells detoxify the blood and purify the body. I use the pads personally every time I fly or at night when I feel that my body needs additional detoxification support or I am experiencing a Herxheimer reaction resulting from Lyme disease treatment.”
Essentially, food pads rely on reflexology, which is an ancient healing art that uses reflex points on the bottom of the feet to activate organs and systems throughout the body.
It’s believed that stimulating these reflex areas can promote health in the corresponding organs and systems through energetic pathways.
By placing detox foot pads on these reflex points, they will help energize, stimulate and detoxify your body. via GlobalHealingCenter
Why Are Detox Pads Worn On Your Feet?
The pads are worn on the feet for a couple of reasons – the feet are considered in Oriental medicine to be the “second heart” – that is, they help pump return circulation of blood and lymph back up into the torso.
With much of our time being sedentary these days, this natural pumping action is inhibited and circulation tends to bog down around the feet, ankles and lower legs. via PurifyYourBody
In fact, just sitting down on a chair cuts blood flow to your lower body by 50%.
How Do Detox Foot Pads Work?
Foot patches or foot pads are classified by the Therapeutic Goods Administration as a therapeutic medical device and work like a poultice. via BodyAndSoul
Homemade Detox Foot Pads
These pads are quick and easy to make. Plus, you probably already have all the ingredients at home!
- A tablespoon of finely chopped garlic
- A tablespoon finely chopped onion
- apple cider vinegar
- Self sticking gauze pads
- A small saucepan
- Bring ¼ cup organic apple cider to a boil.
- Add onion and garlic to the apple cider vinegar and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the solution from heat and let it cool for about 20 minutes.
- Pour the solution onto gauze pads until they are saturated but not dripping.
- Squeeze out any excess fluid from the pads, making sure not to wet the adhesive.
- Apply the gauze pads on the center of the soles of your feet.
- Put socks on to keep them in place.
- Go to sleep.
- Peel the pad off in the morning.
- Gut Bacteria Can Directly Affect Anxiety, Behavior and Emotional Health
When treating those with anxiety, my clients and I work together to help balance different aspects of life: body, mind …
- 6 Ways to Boost a Slow Metabolism. Just Doing #5 Helps A Lot.
The dreaded slow metabolism is a frequent roadblock in the effort to get fit by losing weight. If your body …
- 2 Ingredient Solution For Knee Pain Relief May Save You From Surgery
Your knees are the most important joints in your body. They’re also the largest. Not only do they support your …
- Here is What You Need To Check Next Time You Buy Bottled Water
Bottled water sure is convenient, but are they safe? If you’ve ever turned your bottled water upside-down, you may have …
- 7 Relaxing and Restorative Yoga Poses For a Better Night’s Sleep
Some people find that as they age, sleep comes less easily to them than it used to. If this is …
- Doctor’s Warning: Check Baby Wipes Label For Possible Chemical That May Cause Rashes
Would you be surprised to learn that baby wipes are a relatively new product? American inventor, Arthur Julius, who later …
- Is Chocolate Really a Naughty Treat?
When considering healthy living, many people consider eating chocolate to be a cardinal crime. However, there have been numerous studies …
- A Survey Was Given to 114 U.S. Doctors About Nutrition. Their Answers Should Be a Huge Wake Up Call for U.S. Healthcare.
Nutrition is pretty basic. You are what you eat and all that. We put our faith in our physicians to …
- This City Is Forcing a Family To Destroy Their Vegetable Garden…On Their Own Land
There’s a special kind of joy that comes from eating food you grew yourself. In most cases, living in a …
- 6 Key Nutrients Women Need as They Age
The specific composition of women’s bodies means that it’s important they get enough of certain vitamins and minerals, in order …
- How to Grow an Endless Supply of Lemons From Seed (This Will Last You a Lifetime)
Learning how to grow a lemon tree from seed is surprisingly rewarding and easy. While lemon trees tend to flourish outdoors year-round in …
- Drink Tea Before Bed to Reduce Stress and Help You Sleep
With something as basic and necessary as sleep, it’s puzzling and troubling that so many people have problems with it. …
- Improve Liver, Adrenal Gland And Kidney Functions With Activated Charcoal
In 1831, Professor Touery (in the presence of his colleagues at the French Academy of Medicine) drank a lethal dose of strychnine and …
- 7 Ways To Survive An Asthma Attack If You’re Caught Without An Inhaler
Most asthmatics rely on medication and inhalers to manage their symptoms in the case of an asthma attack. Unfortunately, although …
- Do These 3 Things To Lose Weight Without Hunger
Losing weight without hunger. Challenging, but doable. You can lose weight without even changing your caloric intake if you choose …