Lead is a toxic heavy metal that should be avoided at all cost. Many studies show that heavy metals in the body can increase your risk of Alzheimer’s, cardiovascular disease, behavioral problems, kidney disease, Parkinson’s disease, and even epilepsy. While your body has natural mechanisms in place to detox and flush out lead from the body, it might not be enough.
This is especially true for people living in places currently suffering from water problems:
- ‘Black Sludge’ Pours Out Of Texas Town’s Faucets (source)
- Flint, Michigan, Bureaucrats Could Be Charged With Manslaughter For Mass Poisoning of Population With Toxic Lead (source)
- Chicago’s Got a Lead-Contaminated Drinking Water Problem of Its Own (source)
While paint, dust, and soil are the most common sources of lead, drinking water can contribute 40 to 60 percent of an infant’s lead exposure.
How To Flush Out Lead Naturally
Luckily, there are a few simple ways to help your body get rid of this toxic heavy metal and avoid lead poisoning.
1. Take a Hot Bath With Bentonite Clay
Bentonite clay is a very safe and effective way to remove heavy metals from your skin.
When bentonite clay is mixed with water, it creates a large negatively charged surface area.
Because most heavy metals such as lead have a positive charge, the toxins are naturally drawn towards the clay.
In fact, one of bentonite clay’s unique properties is its capacity to absorb many times its own weight in toxins.
In addition, the warm water from the bath helps open up the pores of your skin, thus facilitating the absorption of heavy metals by the clay.
2. Vitamin C & E
Vitamin C helps protect your body from heavy metals, particularly lead and arsenic which can interfere with important enzyme reactions in the body.
Combined with vitamin C, vitamin E is a powerful agent used for assisting heavy metal detox.
A study published in the journal Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology found something special about garlic: it is a natural detoxifier of lead. (1)
The study participants were given 1.2 milligrams of allicin made from approximately 1,000 mg of garlic extract, three times daily.
After 4 weeks, researchers concluded that garlic can be recommended for the treatment of mild-to-moderate lead poisoning.
Read more: Garlic Soup Made With 52 Cloves
4. Cilantro And Chlorella
These two ingredients combined act as chelating agents that bind to heavy metals, which make it easier for the body to flush out the toxins. Learn more about this here.
Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie
- 1 lemon peeled
- 1 cup of pineapples
- 1 small handful of cilantro
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of chlorella
- flaxseed (optional)
Blend all the ingredients at high speed until smooth. Enjoy!
- If You Notice This Plant Growing Nearby, Whatever You Do Don’t Touch It!
This is probably something that should be taught in school but isn’t. The plant is called “giant hogweed” and while …
- Yikes! This Medical Condition Can Cut Your Life Short by as Much as 8 Years
Researchers say extremely obese people can expect to die about eight years earlier than healthier people. The study, conducted by …
- The Migraine-Relieving Hormone Nobody Ever Talks About
There are many factors that cause migraine headaches and people who regularly suffer from them know just how difficult they …
- How to Heal Your Kidneys Naturally Using 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
There’s a lot of items in your kitchen that could easily replace those kept in your medicine cabinet. Although you …
- Top 10 Ways To Use Coconut Oil To Protect Your Hair And Skin From Harsh Cosmetic Products
Coconut Oil rocks on its own. It’s a serious “jack of all trades” that can easily be used for your hair …
- 10 Surprising Ways Eating Dark Chocolate is Good for The Body
Many people may not know it, but there are actually numerous health benefits to eating chocolate. The real, unadulterated form of …
- When Is The Right Time To Eat A Banana?
Most people avoid eating bananas when they are slightly green or once they begin to get brown spots. Despite what …
- 9 Simple Things You Can Do Right Now To De-Stress
We all experience and deal with stress in different ways, but there are some universal constants. Stress triggers hormones like …
- How To Grow Your Own Avocado Tree In Small Garden Pot
If you’re like most health-conscious people, you probably go through countless avocados every week. Although most people throw out its …
- Could Bitter Melon be the Key to an Alternative Cancer Treatment
Unless you are an enthusiast for Asian cookery, you may not be aware of the bitter melon. This vegetable is …
- 5 Painful Ways Excess Abdominal Fat Is Robbing You of Your Health
“1/3 of U.S. adults are obese.” By now, most of us are well aware of the health risks that are associated with …
- 5 Simple Steps to Reverse the Effects of Aging
Why is it that some people seem to age slowly and gracefully, while others look haggard at a relatively young …
- If You Ever See Your Kids Sitting Like THIS, Stop Them Immediately! Here’s Why…
Parents often mistake w-sitting for flexibility. In fact, to parents, the position seems harmless. However, experts suggest that this way …
- How To Make Your Own First Aid Ointment That’s Safer And Better Than The Store-Bought Stuff
Bacterial ointments are an essential part of family first aid kits. When children have a bug bite or a scraped knee, …
- How To Naturally Whiten Your Teeth With This Homemade Toothpowder
Making natural tooth cleaning agents is not difficult. Really, most of the items are in or around your home. When …