Lead is a toxic heavy metal that should be avoided at all cost. Many studies show that heavy metals in the body can increase your risk of Alzheimer’s, cardiovascular disease, behavioral problems, kidney disease, Parkinson’s disease, and even epilepsy. While your body has natural mechanisms in place to detox and flush out lead from the body, it might not be enough.
This is especially true for people living in places currently suffering from water problems:
- ‘Black Sludge’ Pours Out Of Texas Town’s Faucets (source)
- Flint, Michigan, Bureaucrats Could Be Charged With Manslaughter For Mass Poisoning of Population With Toxic Lead (source)
- Chicago’s Got a Lead-Contaminated Drinking Water Problem of Its Own (source)
While paint, dust, and soil are the most common sources of lead, drinking water can contribute 40 to 60 percent of an infant’s lead exposure.
How To Flush Out Lead Naturally
Luckily, there are a few simple ways to help your body get rid of this toxic heavy metal and avoid lead poisoning.
1. Take a Hot Bath With Bentonite Clay
Bentonite clay is a very safe and effective way to remove heavy metals from your skin.
When bentonite clay is mixed with water, it creates a large negatively charged surface area.
Because most heavy metals such as lead have a positive charge, the toxins are naturally drawn towards the clay.
In fact, one of bentonite clay’s unique properties is its capacity to absorb many times its own weight in toxins.
In addition, the warm water from the bath helps open up the pores of your skin, thus facilitating the absorption of heavy metals by the clay.
2. Vitamin C & E
Vitamin C helps protect your body from heavy metals, particularly lead and arsenic which can interfere with important enzyme reactions in the body.
Combined with vitamin C, vitamin E is a powerful agent used for assisting heavy metal detox.
A study published in the journal Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology found something special about garlic: it is a natural detoxifier of lead. (1)
The study participants were given 1.2 milligrams of allicin made from approximately 1,000 mg of garlic extract, three times daily.
After 4 weeks, researchers concluded that garlic can be recommended for the treatment of mild-to-moderate lead poisoning.
Read more: Garlic Soup Made With 52 Cloves
4. Cilantro And Chlorella
These two ingredients combined act as chelating agents that bind to heavy metals, which make it easier for the body to flush out the toxins. Learn more about this here.
Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie
- 1 lemon peeled
- 1 cup of pineapples
- 1 small handful of cilantro
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of chlorella
- flaxseed (optional)
Blend all the ingredients at high speed until smooth. Enjoy!
- These Foods Make Cancer Cells Grow In Your Body! Stop Eating Them Right Now!
We’ve come to know, through medical research and ancestral wisdom, that there are foods that contain certain nutrients that prevent …
- Farmed Salmon Is FULL Of Antibiotics And Mercury, Here’s How To Tell If Your Salmon Is Safe
Have you ever noticed that salmon in the supermarket can vary in color from a dull pink to a bright …
- Video LITERALLY Shows You What Happens to Your Lungs When You Smoke…And It’s Not Pretty!
In light of the many negative effects of smoking and health issues revolving around cigarettes, various gruesome ad campaigns have …
- DIY Warming Rub For Sore Muscles
(originally written by Heather) Have You Been Lifting Cars . . . To save trapped kittens again? Bench pressing two year-olds …
- How High-Fructose Corn Syrup Could Be Hurting You
With the transition from sugar to high-fructose corn syrup as the primary sweetener in the USA, obesity rates have tripled …
- 72 Uses For Simple Household Products To Save Money & Avoid Toxins
Many cleaning products available on the market contain harmful toxins. Prolonged use of these products can cause skin irritation and …
- 37 Million Bees Found Dead After GMO Fields Were Planted Nearby
There are close to 20,000 different species of bees in the world. You are probably familiar with bumble bees and, …
- 5 Easy Ways To Free Yourself From Sugar Addiction
Okay, so maybe “easy” is the wrong word – sugar addiction is real and many people struggle to cut down …
- 10 Healthy Habits That Will Keep Your Kidneys Happy
Kidneys are amazing organs, with the ability to sustain adult human life at only 20 percent of its normal functioning …
- 5 Frightening Diseases You Can Save Yourself From By Sleeping Better
Everyone’s pulled an all-nighter at some point in their lives, and experienced the side effects of not getting enough sleep …
- Early Prevention: The Top 10 Signs of Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer ranks as the 14th  most common type of cancer in women in the U.S. Prior to the …
- 17 Provocative Drawings Made by People Living with Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia is a terrible brain disorder to live with. Symptoms can include everything from hearing voices, to abnormal social behaviors, and losing …
- Colorado Is Using $3 Million From Marijuana Tax To Provide Food And Housing For The Homeless
Legalizing marijuana is not a new issue by any means. And for the most part, it has been, and will …
- Tobacco Smokes The World
You can say that cigarettes help you cope with the stress of daily life, calm you when you’re angry, help …
- Orgasm Hard To Add Years To Your Life
Good news for just about everyone who wants to live longer: having more orgasms might tack years onto your life. …