There are many heavy metals that people are exposed to regularly without realizing it. Mercury, cadmium, and aluminum, among others, are able to imbed themselves into our central nervous systems and bones, bio-accumulating for years until we start to suffer acute health problems from heavy metal poisoning.
Fortunately, there is a simple one-two-combination that helps to chelate heavy metals so that they are no longer circulating in the body: cilantro and chlorella. Chelating agents are those that bind to heavy metal toxin ions, and then are removed from the body through our regular excretory channels. Pharmaceuticals like 2,3-Dimercaprol have long been the mainstay of chelation therapy for lead or arsenic poisoning, but they have serious side effects.
The simple, and proper dose of cilantro (Chinese parsley) and chlorella; however is a powerful chelator for numerous heavy metals.
Dr. George Georgiou says:
“Many health practitioners use synthetic chelating agents such as DMPS, DMSA, EDTA and others to mobilize and eliminate heavy metals from the body. There are advantages and disadvantages to using these. One advantage is the power of their mobilizing activity—they are quick to mobilize and eliminate certain metals in the body, but this may place a huge burden on the body’s detoxification systems.”
Cilantro is best used in conjunction with chlorella because it, “mobilizes more toxins then it can carry out of the body, it may flood the connective tissue (where the nerves reside) with metals, that were previously stored in safer hiding places.” This can cause retoxificaiton if another binding agent isn’t used to help rid the body of the heavy metals.
People who have eaten large salads daily full of cilantro have experienced this effect – moodiness, terrible acne, joint pain and more. While they were mobilizing heavy metals, they weren’t all excreted from the body fast enough, which meant they were detoxing and toxifying themselves at the same time!
Simply by adding chlorella – an intestinal absorbing agent, the retoxificaiton of the system is prohibited. Clinical studies completed recently proved that heavy metal chelation [using cilantro and chlorella] can naturally remove an average of 87% of lead, 91% of mercury, and 74% of aluminum from the body within 42 days.
The Properties Of Chlorella Lend Themselves Nicely To Aiding Cilantro For Detoxifying The Body
- Chlorella is antiviral.
- It binds to dioxins and other environmental toxins.
- It repairs the body’s detoxification functions.
- Improves glutathione – the bodies ‘master’ antioxidant.
- Binds to heavy metals exceptionally well.
- Alpha and gamma lineolic acids in chlorella help increase the intake of fish oil and other important fatty acids.
- Methyl-coblolamine repairs the nervous system and damaged neurons which often suffer from heavy metal poisoning.
- Chlorella contains the most easily absorbed form of B12 and B6.
- Chlorella is high in amino acids, and thus ideal for vegetarians.
- Chlorella is able to open cell walls, which is necessary for detox processes.
- Chlorella restores healthy gut flora.
- Chlorella is still being studied for its detoxifying effects, since science cannot fully understand how it has developed over millions of years to be so effective in ridding the body of unwanted substances.
- This PDF describes very specific chelation dosing when using chlorella.
Cilantro Has Its Own Chelation Benefits
- Highly effective metal toxin binding agent and mobilizer.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Increases HDL cholesterol and decreases LDL.
- Prevents gas and bloating.
- Wards off urinary tract infections.
- Eases hormonal swings during menopause and menstruation.
- Can reduce nausea.
- Adds fiber to the digestive tract – an effective bulking agent.
- Fights anemia with high levels of iron, and magnesium.
- Reduces minor swelling.
- Promotes liver health.
- Can be used as an expectorant.
As a final note, just be sure your magnesium levels are high before starting any serious chelation program, since this trace mineral helps to promote ‘relaxed’ arteries and can make elimination of toxins easier on the body.
Cilantro Inflammation-Busting Recipe
- half a cup of fresh organic cilantro (chopped)
- half a cup of organic apple juice
- half a cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of chlorella
Mix in a blender until smooth.
- Food for Thought: U.S. People Throw Out Nearly 40% of Their Food
In the mid- to late twentieth century, amid the general increase in wealth and wherewithal of the American middle class, …
- 5 Greens You’ve Probably Never Tried But Should
Bored of the same Old Leafy Greens? Then Mix things up & try these 5 Unusual Greens! OK – so …
- 5 Tasty Blueberry Recipes For The Whole Family
Blueberries are known for their abundance of health benefits. As a potent source of antioxidants, they combat free radicals and …
- 3 Reasons to Consider Switching to This Naturally Pink Looking Salt (No. 1 It’s Rich In Minerals!)
Salt is an essential nutrient that our bodies require for transporting nutrients into and out of our cells, regulating blood …
- 7 Ancient Superfoods for Modern Health
Modern medicine certainly has a lot going for it, but looking backwards in time can be extremely helpful when it …
- Are These Common Low-Carb Mistakes Sabotaging Your Results?
1. You’re Still Eating Too Many Carbs! When people are told to go on a low-carb diet in order to …
- 5 Excellent Reasons Why You Should Be Eating Ginger Every Day
Ginger is a popular spice, for good reason – it can add much-needed zing to many recipes, from stir-fry to …
- 5 Surprising Reasons Why Experts Recommend Eating This Everyday
Avocados are a miracle superfood, but they used to have a bad reputation. Very few American household keep them stocked …
- Are You Really Eating Natural Foods, Probably Not.
A typical trip down the aisle of your favorite grocery store greets you with labels proclaiming “All Natural”, “100% Natural”, …
- 5-Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Pistachio Bark With Cacao, Coconut Oil and Raspberries
There’s nothing like a decadent slice of chocolate cake or a nibble of a creamy chocolate bar to keep your …
- The Many Health Benefits of Eating Organ Meats
(originally written by Dr. Jockers) Organ meats were a staple part of our ancestors diets and provided a tremendous nutritional …
- 8 Morning Foods to Help You Turn Back the Clock
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, they say. A bagel with cream cheese, however, doesn’t provide a …
- What’s Better 3 or 6 Meals Per Day?
Plenty of self-proclaimed nutrition gurus argue that frequent small meals spread throughout the day are more beneficial metabolic boosters than …
- How to Make Healthy Marshmallows For Your Next Bonfire
Marshmallows are the thing of childhood summers. Whether they’re roasted over an open fire or smooshed into a smore, marshmallows …
- Eating Your Trees: Fun and Healthy Broccoli Recipes
Broccoli is rich in fiber, vitamin C, and tons of phytonutrients, and it’s available just about year round. While you …