There are many heavy metals that people are exposed to regularly without realizing it. Mercury, cadmium, and aluminum, among others, are able to imbed themselves into our central nervous systems and bones, bio-accumulating for years until we start to suffer acute health problems from heavy metal poisoning.
Fortunately, there is a simple one-two-combination that helps to chelate heavy metals so that they are no longer circulating in the body: cilantro and chlorella. Chelating agents are those that bind to heavy metal toxin ions, and then are removed from the body through our regular excretory channels. Pharmaceuticals like 2,3-Dimercaprol have long been the mainstay of chelation therapy for lead or arsenic poisoning, but they have serious side effects.
The simple, and proper dose of cilantro (Chinese parsley) and chlorella; however is a powerful chelator for numerous heavy metals.
Dr. George Georgiou says:
“Many health practitioners use synthetic chelating agents such as DMPS, DMSA, EDTA and others to mobilize and eliminate heavy metals from the body. There are advantages and disadvantages to using these. One advantage is the power of their mobilizing activity—they are quick to mobilize and eliminate certain metals in the body, but this may place a huge burden on the body’s detoxification systems.”
Cilantro is best used in conjunction with chlorella because it, “mobilizes more toxins then it can carry out of the body, it may flood the connective tissue (where the nerves reside) with metals, that were previously stored in safer hiding places.” This can cause retoxificaiton if another binding agent isn’t used to help rid the body of the heavy metals.
People who have eaten large salads daily full of cilantro have experienced this effect – moodiness, terrible acne, joint pain and more. While they were mobilizing heavy metals, they weren’t all excreted from the body fast enough, which meant they were detoxing and toxifying themselves at the same time!
Simply by adding chlorella – an intestinal absorbing agent, the retoxificaiton of the system is prohibited. Clinical studies completed recently proved that heavy metal chelation [using cilantro and chlorella] can naturally remove an average of 87% of lead, 91% of mercury, and 74% of aluminum from the body within 42 days.
The Properties Of Chlorella Lend Themselves Nicely To Aiding Cilantro For Detoxifying The Body
- Chlorella is antiviral.
- It binds to dioxins and other environmental toxins.
- It repairs the body’s detoxification functions.
- Improves glutathione – the bodies ‘master’ antioxidant.
- Binds to heavy metals exceptionally well.
- Alpha and gamma lineolic acids in chlorella help increase the intake of fish oil and other important fatty acids.
- Methyl-coblolamine repairs the nervous system and damaged neurons which often suffer from heavy metal poisoning.
- Chlorella contains the most easily absorbed form of B12 and B6.
- Chlorella is high in amino acids, and thus ideal for vegetarians.
- Chlorella is able to open cell walls, which is necessary for detox processes.
- Chlorella restores healthy gut flora.
- Chlorella is still being studied for its detoxifying effects, since science cannot fully understand how it has developed over millions of years to be so effective in ridding the body of unwanted substances.
- This PDF describes very specific chelation dosing when using chlorella.
Cilantro Has Its Own Chelation Benefits
- Highly effective metal toxin binding agent and mobilizer.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Increases HDL cholesterol and decreases LDL.
- Prevents gas and bloating.
- Wards off urinary tract infections.
- Eases hormonal swings during menopause and menstruation.
- Can reduce nausea.
- Adds fiber to the digestive tract – an effective bulking agent.
- Fights anemia with high levels of iron, and magnesium.
- Reduces minor swelling.
- Promotes liver health.
- Can be used as an expectorant.
As a final note, just be sure your magnesium levels are high before starting any serious chelation program, since this trace mineral helps to promote ‘relaxed’ arteries and can make elimination of toxins easier on the body.
Cilantro Inflammation-Busting Recipe
- half a cup of fresh organic cilantro (chopped)
- half a cup of organic apple juice
- half a cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of chlorella
Mix in a blender until smooth.
- 4 Surprising Ways Drinking Black Tea Does The Body Good (It’s Chock Full of Antioxidants!)
Black tea is one of the oldest beverages in the world, and over the past few decades it has only …
- This Ayurvedic Herb Has Been Used Since Ancient Times To Treat Diabetes
Gymnema sylvestre is an herb used in Ayurvedic medicine. With a long history of medicinal use, it has potent anti-diabetic …
- Is it Safe to Eat Mango Skin? The Hidden Benefits of Mango Peel
Some produce can be eaten straight out of the garden while others require extensive cleaning, scrubbing and peeling. As you …
- Sugar Addiction Kills More People Than Illegal Drugs
Calling All Sugar-Fiends! Did you know that little white stuff you sprinkle into your coffee, that’s hidden in your granola …
- Why Beer Could Be Good for your Health
That beer belly of yours might not be associated with beer at all, according to a Czech Republic study cited …
- Dirt Poor: Have Fruits and Vegetables Become Less Nutritious?
They don’t make ’em like they used to. True about cars, refrigerators, radios, and virtually every other consumable good–including food. …
- How To Cancel Out The ACIDIC Effects of Coffee by Adding This ONE Ingredient!
There seems to be a bit of confusion when it comes to including or excluding coffee for the sake of …
- A Raw Carrot a Day Keeps Excess Estrogen at Bay
The endocrine system produces and regulates hormones in the body, telling other systems of the body what to do. From …
- Food Companies Spend Millions of Dollars to Hide Their GMO Ingredients
What do PepsiCo, Campbell’s Soup, General Mills, Kellogg’s, Hershey, Nestlé USA all have in common? They have all contributed to …
- Top 15 Foods That Help Fight Chronic Inflammation
Inflammation is the bane of many doctors and patients’ existence. It accompanies many infections and bodily injuries and is infamous …
- 10 Best Foods To Eat To Stop Hair Loss
The sad fact of it is that once you leave your teen years behind, your hair is inevitably going to …
- This Smoothie Is So Good You Won’t Believe It Has One of the Most Powerful Antioxidants In The World
Smoothies are the perfect meal supplement for people looking to lose weight while still getting essential nutrients in their diet. …
- Decayed Meat Treated With Carbon Monoxide to Make It Look Fresh At The Grocery
Did you ever wonder how the meat sold in the grocery store always looks so fresh? Have you thought about …
- 8 Shocking Reasons GMOs are Bad for You
Genetically modified organisms, or GMOs, are created when a gene from one species is transferred to another, creating something that …
- Orange Juice Not As Healthy As You Think
Just because it’s made from fruit, doesn’t mean it’s the best choice. Orange juice is a breakfast staple, right? Well—it …