As with many other spices and herbs, ginger is well-known around the world for its health benefits.
Often used in tea, ginger is a superfood that is very effective at soothing digestive problems or relieving cold and flu symptoms.
Another added benefit that very few people know about is that ginger can actually promote weight loss.
Here are the 4 ways that ginger can help you lose weight:
1. Ginger Is Good For Digestion
For centuries, ginger has been the go-to root for a wide range of GI distresses. Researchers believe its compounds stimulate digestive secretions, improve intestinal muscle tone, and help move food through the gastrointestinal tract. (source)
This is very helpful because poor digestion can cause you to put on “waste” that ultimately makes you bloated and heavier.
Not to mention how the toxins produced from the waste can cause inflammation and a host of other health problems.
2. Ginger Is a Natural Appetite Suppressant
In addition to improving digestion, ginger can also help you feel full, which in turn reduces food consumption.
Ginger is nearly calorie-free and works as a natural appetite suppressant with no side effects. (1)
The journal Metabolism published a study in 2012 that demonstrated that a hot ginger beverage containing 2 grams of ginger powder consumed after a meal reduces feelings of hunger for up to six hours.
3. Ginger Reduces Cortisol
Ginger suppresses cortisol a stress hormone. This is very important because chronic stress can cause cortisol levels to rise too high.
And when that happens, your body starts stuffing your cells with fat. This is one of the reasons why highly stressed individuals have a hard time losing belly fat and easily put on weight.
4. Ginger Helps Stabilize Blood Sugar Levels
To burn fat, your body’s blood sugar levels should always be at a normal range.
Too low and your body starts storing fat. Too high and you’re set for an energy crash, which makes you want to eat more sugary junk food.
Just 1/4 teaspoon of ginger has been shown to help regulate blood sugar levels.
How To Make Ginger Water
There’s nothing easier than making ginger water. Here’s what you’ll need to do.
- 1½ cup of water
- Ginger (cut in pieces)
- Boil the water.
- Add the pieces of ginger.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
How To Use:
Drink ginger water in the morning before eating breakfast.
Make a fresh new batch of ginger water every morning. You can carry the ginger water everywhere with you when you go out in a thermos and drink it for the day, sip by sip.
- Spray This Oil And You Will Never See Mold Again
Mold is everywhere, whether you can see it or not. These microscopic fungi flourish not only in the bathroom but …
- Science Proves Himalayan Salt Lamps Fight Anxiety and Depression
If you’ve already made the switch to Himalayan salt in the kitchen, why not take it a step further? Large …
- Avoid Fleas and Ticks Forever With This Natural Remedy!
Every pet owner knows how annoying fleas can be. These minuscule insects can multiply in days and easily infest your …
- 9 Exercises To Burn Abdominal Fat
What are the best exercises to burn belly fat? A common question in the world of fitness. Belly fat is …
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- The EXACT Amount of Epsom Salts You Should Be Adding to Your Bath Based on Your Weight
Epsom salt may look like salt, but it’s actually magnesium sulfate, a mineral compound (1). Epsom salt can be used …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …