As with many other spices and herbs, ginger is well-known around the world for its health benefits.
Often used in tea, ginger is a superfood that is very effective at soothing digestive problems or relieving cold and flu symptoms.
Another added benefit that very few people know about is that ginger can actually promote weight loss.
Here are the 4 ways that ginger can help you lose weight:
1. Ginger Is Good For Digestion
For centuries, ginger has been the go-to root for a wide range of GI distresses. Researchers believe its compounds stimulate digestive secretions, improve intestinal muscle tone, and help move food through the gastrointestinal tract. (source)
This is very helpful because poor digestion can cause you to put on “waste” that ultimately makes you bloated and heavier.
Not to mention how the toxins produced from the waste can cause inflammation and a host of other health problems.
2. Ginger Is a Natural Appetite Suppressant
In addition to improving digestion, ginger can also help you feel full, which in turn reduces food consumption.
Ginger is nearly calorie-free and works as a natural appetite suppressant with no side effects. (1)
The journal Metabolism published a study in 2012 that demonstrated that a hot ginger beverage containing 2 grams of ginger powder consumed after a meal reduces feelings of hunger for up to six hours.
3. Ginger Reduces Cortisol
Ginger suppresses cortisol a stress hormone. This is very important because chronic stress can cause cortisol levels to rise too high.
And when that happens, your body starts stuffing your cells with fat. This is one of the reasons why highly stressed individuals have a hard time losing belly fat and easily put on weight.
4. Ginger Helps Stabilize Blood Sugar Levels
To burn fat, your body’s blood sugar levels should always be at a normal range.
Too low and your body starts storing fat. Too high and you’re set for an energy crash, which makes you want to eat more sugary junk food.
Just 1/4 teaspoon of ginger has been shown to help regulate blood sugar levels.
How To Make Ginger Water
There’s nothing easier than making ginger water. Here’s what you’ll need to do.
- 1½ cup of water
- Ginger (cut in pieces)
- Boil the water.
- Add the pieces of ginger.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
How To Use:
Drink ginger water in the morning before eating breakfast.
Make a fresh new batch of ginger water every morning. You can carry the ginger water everywhere with you when you go out in a thermos and drink it for the day, sip by sip.
- Hamburger Chef Jamie Oliver Proves McDonald’s Burgers “Unfit for Human Consumption”
In 2011, British chef Jamie Oliver took a stance against fast food giant McDonald’s, airing an episode on his cooking …
- Kid Scientist Accidentally Discovers Sweet Pest Control
Not that anyone will cry over the loss of some fruit flies but one boy’s science experiment resulted in just …
- How To Make Your Own Eco-Friendly Laundry Soap
We all need to do our laundry, but if you’re the kind of person who likes to keep an eye …
- This Is What Happens To Your Brain When You Experience Loneliness
Most of us, no matter how connected we may be in an age of constant interaction with others via social networks, …
- 60 Minutes On This Bicycle Can Power Your Home For 24 Hours!
Have you ever been at the gym and looked around at all the exercise machines and the people using them …
- Orgasm Hard To Add Years To Your Life
Good news for just about everyone who wants to live longer: having more orgasms might tack years onto your life. …
- Anyone Whose Hair Is Falling Out Needs To Make This 2-Ingredient Drink Immediately
Hormones are chemical transmitters in the body that tell cells what to do and when. They are produced by the …
- Listening To This Before Bed Will Make Your Brain Tingle And Guarantee a Good Night’s Sleep
One of the most relaxing memories of childhood is having your parents whisper soothing lullabies to ease you into sleep. …
- These 14 Foods Will Improve Your Kidneys’ Ability To Detox Like Never Before!
Sometimes back pain can be a sign of a much more serious condition. According to the National Kidney Foundation, more …
- Coca-Cola Paid $1,000,000 to Make Sure You Don’t Know This
Coca-Cola’s sales have been steadily declining in recent years due to the public’s increased awareness of its most popular drink’s …
- Cellular Garbage Contributes to Neurodegenerative Diseases
Nature thinks of everything. A new study outlines the discovery of a family of proteins in the body–termed CUET, for …
- Courts Quietly Confirm MMR Vaccine Causes Autism
After decades of passionate debate, parents probably missed the repeated admissions by drug companies and governments alike that vaccines do …
- Watch This Superhero Melt Your Heart By Surprising This Kid With a Bionic Arm
Seven-year-old Alex had no idea what he was in for when he walked down the hall to Room 912. Who …
- Take One Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil In The Morning (And These Unbelievable Things Happen)
Olive oil has been used for many purposes throughout history. Today, it is used in medicine; pharmaceutical; and personal hygiene products. …
- Spray This Simple Mixture and You Will Never See Weeds in Your Garden Again!
Killing weeds is as easy as picking up a bottle of Monsanto’s Roundup at your local store—any store; it’s the …