There’s nothing like a bad migraine to ruin your day.
Many people rely on anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) but very few know that these pills can cause
- gastrointestinal bleeding
- medication-overuse headaches
- nausea-inducing triptans
- habit-forming opioid medication
Fortunately, there are many natural ways to keep your headaches under control (2).
How To Use Ginger
Multiple cases report that 1/4 teaspoon of powdered ginger mixed in a cup of hot water can treat headaches within an hour of ingestion. When taken daily, it can even prevent the condition (3).
And that’s not all, in a double-blinded randomized clinical trial studying 100 patients with acute migraines, the spice decreased headache severity significantly within 2 hours of ingestion. Its effects were found to be statistically comparable to sumatriptan, a common migraine drug, without all the side effects (4).
Ginger Tea Recipe
If you feel a headache coming on, steep a cup and drink it up.
- A 2-inch piece of ginger
- A cup of boiled water
- A teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of lavender flowers
- A tea strainer
- Peel and grate ginger.
- Add ginger and lavender into the strainer and place in the water.
- Steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove strainer and add honey for taste.
Plus, ginger has multiple other health benefits that help the following:
Drinking warm tea helps melt away stress and improve mood. Inhaling the steam also has a soothing effect which opens up the airway and deepens your breath.
The root can help prevent or heal motion sickness, morning sickness, vomiting and treatment-related nausea in cancer and AIDS patients (5). Ginger tea is often given to children to heal their upset stomach.
3. Poor Digestion
Taking ginger tea after a meal will help digest food, avoid heart burn and prevent bloating. No wonder it’s used as a culinary spice (6)!
Ginger has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic properties and contains powerful anti-oxidants that fight free radical damage. These characteristics boost your immune system’s natural fire power.
Ginger has anti-inflammatory and analgestic properties that are often used to treat arthritis, osteoarthritis and back pain (7). Unlike commonly used drugs, ginger doesn’t put strain on the kidneys or liver and can improve tolerance to morphine as well as fight pain medication addiction (8)
- Why Eating Low-Fat Is The Worst Thing You Can Do For Weight Loss
Contrary to popular belief, low-fat foods aren’t any healthier or safer to eat than their full-fat versions. Low-fat diets endorsed …
- This Pain-Free Breastfeeding Technique Is Something Every Mom Should Know But Doesn’t
A big part of successful breastfeeding is being relaxed. Unfortunately, most breastfeeding positions women are taught today don’t allow for …
- Marathon Runners Put Winning Aside To Honor World War II Veteran
“Thanks for your service,” utters one racer after the next as they stop in their tracks mid-race to give 95-year-old …
- The Surgeon Who Operates From 400km Away
Telecommuting just took on a whole new meaning. Mehran Anvari, MD has taken up the science and art of telesurgery. …
- 10 Most Common Types of Eating Disorders. #7 Involves Eating Sand and Dirt!
An eating disorder is something that can happen to anybody. According to the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated …
- 7 Little-Known Drinks That Can Help You Sleep Better Tonight
Struggling to get enough good quality sleep at night? Then perhaps you need to change what you drink before bed. …
- 1 Spoonful of This Superfood Every Day Fights Deadly Yeast Infections
When you think of a coconut, you probably picture tropical beaches and swaying palm trees, but this mighty food (also …
- She Holds Coconut Oil In Her Mouth For 20 Minutes Every Day…The Effects Are Incredible!
Keeping your mouth healthy and teeth whiter just got a lot easier. All you have to start doing is add this …
- Cleveland Clinic Doctor And Libertarian Presidential Candidate Found Dead In Hotel Room
Dr. Mark Allan Feldman, a prominent doctor and member of the world renown non-profit Cleveland Clinic, has been found dead …
- The Dangers of Air Fresheners (Plus 10 Natural Options)
You’ve probably seen the commercial: A mom walks into a teenager’s room, takes a sniff and tells him no “nice” …
- 5 Vital Reasons to Shed That Excess Weight
If you have been struggling to muster up the motivation to lose that excess weight that has been lurking for …
- How To Make Smudge Sticks That Eliminate Negative Energy And Stress From Any Space
Ancient healers used the power of plants to heal both physical and spiritual ailments thousands of years ago. Today, the …
- 15 Anti-cancer Tips Gathered From The Best Natural Cancer Protocols Ever Discovered
The best method to prevent cancer from ever developing is not giving it any reasons to do so. But that isn’t …
- Baking Soda Can Save Your Life But Only If You Use It Like THIS!
Baking soda truly is a versatile, all-purpose, non-toxic and alkaline substance. Although it isn’t identical to the store-bought stuff, your …
- 3 Friends Built A Garden. It’s On A Roof, But That’s Not Even The Best Part.
Usually, grocery shopping in a city isn’t an experience where you have a lot of local choices. Do you want …