There’s nothing like a bad migraine to ruin your day.
Many people rely on anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) but very few know that these pills can cause
- gastrointestinal bleeding
- medication-overuse headaches
- nausea-inducing triptans
- habit-forming opioid medication
Fortunately, there are many natural ways to keep your headaches under control (2).
How To Use Ginger
Multiple cases report that 1/4 teaspoon of powdered ginger mixed in a cup of hot water can treat headaches within an hour of ingestion. When taken daily, it can even prevent the condition (3).
And that’s not all, in a double-blinded randomized clinical trial studying 100 patients with acute migraines, the spice decreased headache severity significantly within 2 hours of ingestion. Its effects were found to be statistically comparable to sumatriptan, a common migraine drug, without all the side effects (4).
Ginger Tea Recipe
If you feel a headache coming on, steep a cup and drink it up.
- A 2-inch piece of ginger
- A cup of boiled water
- A teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of lavender flowers
- A tea strainer
- Peel and grate ginger.
- Add ginger and lavender into the strainer and place in the water.
- Steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove strainer and add honey for taste.
Plus, ginger has multiple other health benefits that help the following:
Drinking warm tea helps melt away stress and improve mood. Inhaling the steam also has a soothing effect which opens up the airway and deepens your breath.
The root can help prevent or heal motion sickness, morning sickness, vomiting and treatment-related nausea in cancer and AIDS patients (5). Ginger tea is often given to children to heal their upset stomach.
3. Poor Digestion
Taking ginger tea after a meal will help digest food, avoid heart burn and prevent bloating. No wonder it’s used as a culinary spice (6)!
Ginger has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic properties and contains powerful anti-oxidants that fight free radical damage. These characteristics boost your immune system’s natural fire power.
Ginger has anti-inflammatory and analgestic properties that are often used to treat arthritis, osteoarthritis and back pain (7). Unlike commonly used drugs, ginger doesn’t put strain on the kidneys or liver and can improve tolerance to morphine as well as fight pain medication addiction (8)
- 9 Pesticide-filled Teas You Should Never Buy (and the Kind You Should!)
Tea is one of the most popular drinks enjoyed around the world. Americans drink up to 80 billion cups of …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- The EXACT Amount of Epsom Salts You Should Be Adding to Your Bath Based on Your Weight
Epsom salt may look like salt, but it’s actually magnesium sulfate, a mineral compound (1). Epsom salt can be used …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …
- 16 Delicious Foods That Burn Belly Fat and Support Weight Loss
Obesity is a way-to-common problem in America and throughout the world. In fact, according to the Nation Health Institute, in …
- How Only 15 Minutes of Walking Can Change Everything
Walking is the most ordinary thing a human can do. Unless we have a physical impairment, we take this activity …
- Here’s What You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Baking Soda (From Fighting Heartburn To Cancer)
Baking soda is one of those things that can do pretty much anything. Whether you use it for cleaning, personal hygiene …
- Try the World’s 7 Easiest Exercises for Back Fat and Underarm Flab
Fitness is a whole-body state. Muscle strength and tone along with cardiovascular health go together to complete the picture. No …
- Remove All Toxins From The Body In 3 Days (Prevent Cancer, Excess Fat And Water Retention!)
If you’re feeling tired or sluggish, it may be time to cleanse and detox your body. Things like stress, poor …
- 20 Natural Ways to Cleanse Your Lungs
Most of us take breathing for granted. Even if you don’t smoke or experience respiratory problems, an occasional lung cleanse …