There’s nothing like a bad migraine to ruin your day.
Many people rely on anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) but very few know that these pills can cause
- gastrointestinal bleeding
- medication-overuse headaches
- nausea-inducing triptans
- habit-forming opioid medication
Fortunately, there are many natural ways to keep your headaches under control (2).
How To Use Ginger
Multiple cases report that 1/4 teaspoon of powdered ginger mixed in a cup of hot water can treat headaches within an hour of ingestion. When taken daily, it can even prevent the condition (3).
And that’s not all, in a double-blinded randomized clinical trial studying 100 patients with acute migraines, the spice decreased headache severity significantly within 2 hours of ingestion. Its effects were found to be statistically comparable to sumatriptan, a common migraine drug, without all the side effects (4).
Ginger Tea Recipe
If you feel a headache coming on, steep a cup and drink it up.
- A 2-inch piece of ginger
- A cup of boiled water
- A teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of lavender flowers
- A tea strainer
- Peel and grate ginger.
- Add ginger and lavender into the strainer and place in the water.
- Steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove strainer and add honey for taste.
Plus, ginger has multiple other health benefits that help the following:
Drinking warm tea helps melt away stress and improve mood. Inhaling the steam also has a soothing effect which opens up the airway and deepens your breath.
The root can help prevent or heal motion sickness, morning sickness, vomiting and treatment-related nausea in cancer and AIDS patients (5). Ginger tea is often given to children to heal their upset stomach.
3. Poor Digestion
Taking ginger tea after a meal will help digest food, avoid heart burn and prevent bloating. No wonder it’s used as a culinary spice (6)!
Ginger has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic properties and contains powerful anti-oxidants that fight free radical damage. These characteristics boost your immune system’s natural fire power.
Ginger has anti-inflammatory and analgestic properties that are often used to treat arthritis, osteoarthritis and back pain (7). Unlike commonly used drugs, ginger doesn’t put strain on the kidneys or liver and can improve tolerance to morphine as well as fight pain medication addiction (8)
- Get a Better Night’s Sleep by Changing the Color of Your Room
Not getting enough sleep can have serious health consequences, but there are a few things that you can do to …
- Genetically Modified ‘Super Banana’ to be Tested on Americans
Vitamin A deficiency is still an issue in many parts of the world, Africa and southeast Asia the areas in …
- This is What Happens to The Brain of a Person Suffering From Depression
Depression isn’t just sadness. It doesn’t last a day or two, or even a month. Chronic depression can remain for …
- 4 Ways To Keep Your Thyroid Gland Healthy
Many people have questions when it comes to the purpose and function of the thyroid. This small gland can have …
- Every Parent’s Worst Nightmare: How To Quickly Save Your Baby From Choking With This 3-Step Protocol
It’s every parent’s greatest fear to realize that your baby or toddler is choking and you don’t know what to do. This …
- Vapen Clear: Meet The World’s First Cannabis Inhaler
One of the things that distinguished illicit drugs from medicine is the way it is administered. Despite the fact the …
- Sugar Identified as a Top Cause of The Global Cancer Epidemic
Nearly every processed food (which accounts for ninety percent of what Americans eat) includes added sugar or artificial sweetener in …
- Revolutionary Diabetes Cure: Human Trial Set To Begin In 2015
Researchers at the University of Alabama at Birmingham have found verapamil, a blood pressure medication, can be effective in reversing …
- Handy Guide To Vitamins A-K
Vitamins like minerals are nutrients that are required by your body in order to function properly. A vitamin deficiency occurs …
- Orgasm Hard To Add Years To Your Life
Good news for just about everyone who wants to live longer: having more orgasms might tack years onto your life. …
- Try This Quick Homemade Solution to Treat Poison Ivy Symptoms
Anyone who’s ever stepped in a patch of poison ivy knows it’s no fun – the itchy red bumps can …
- Fabric Softener Is The #1 Cause of Indoor Air Pollution. Make Your Own With This DIY Recipe
The use of fabric softener is often seen as an essential part of good housekeeping. It’s the attentive detail that …
- Why You Shouldn’t Get Nutrition Advice From Your Doctor
Let me ask you this first; have you ever gone to your doctor as a result of any of the …
- 5 Natural Herbs That Support Healthy Thyroid Function
The thyroid gland is an often overlooked but extremely vital part of the human body, responsible for a number of …
- When a Liver Transplant Didn’t Cure Him…This 63-Year-Old Grandpa Used Cannabis Oil To Beat Cancer
A 63-year-old grandpa and retired builder from Hastings, East Sussex, England, says he cured himself of liver cancer by taking …