Winter mornings are difficult.
Whether it’s shoveling snow, warming up the car, or clearing ice from your windshield, cold weather adds a whole new set of challenges.
Part of the problem, even for people south of the snow belt, is foggy windows.
Socks vs. Foggy Car Windows
How do you deal with foggy windows?
Do you crack a window, lower the heat, or turn on the defroster?
If so, this trick will change your life.
When the outside of your car is warmer than the inside, the moist air in your car causes condensation on the inside of your windshield. The same thing occurs in the summer on a cool, rainy day (1).
This condensation also occurs on the outside of a cold glass of water on a warm day.
Foggy windows aren’t just annoying, they can really impair your line of vision and cause dangerous driving conditions.
The easiest way to get rid of this excess moisture is to place a sock full of kitty litter on your dashboard. You’ll have to replace the sock every season or so.
Kitty Litter Defogger
While you may gravitate towards clumping cat littler, it produces a bit of dust, so some people prefer using crystal cat litter.
However, if you can’t stand the smell of the crystal litter, collect silica packets from new shoes and other goods and line them on your dashboard. When the packets no longer work, heat them up in your oven to dry them out and reuse as needed!
Watch the video below to find out how to do it.
What You Need:
- An old sock
- Masking tape
- Crystal cat litter
What To Do:
- Place your roll of tape inside your sock to widen the opening and make it easier to pour the kitty litter into.
- Fill the “foot” of the sock with litter.
- Tie off the ankle of your sock and flip the sock inside-out.
- Place the sock on your dashboard and use all winter long.
- This Is What Your Body Odor Says About Your Health And What You Can Do To Control It
Sweating is good for you. Perspiration cools the skin when it’s hot so you don’t overheat and is one way …
- Winter Warning: Always Shovel The Snow From The Back of Your Car First (It Could Save Your Life!)
You’ve probably never thought about it. But every year, dozens of people die from this during the winter. The culprit …
- Why Biting Your Nails Is More Than Just a Bad Habit
Nail biting is a habit of many. Chronic biters aren’t even aware they’re doing it. The consequences, however, are more than …
- Actor Mark Ruffalo Calls Out Monsanto: “You Are Poisoning People”
What would you do if you met one of the most powerful figures of the most corrupt company on earth …
- 5 Easy Ways To Beat Brain Fog And Stay Sharp At Any Age
While everyone has moments where they “space out” and misplace their keys or forget the name of someone they met …
- Anti-Aging Potential Discovered In Krill
In terms of biomass, krill is one of the most successful animal species in the world. Supplementation with krill powder …
- 9 Compelling Reasons Why You Need Hugs Everyday
(originally written by Josh Richardson) Hugging helps the immune system, cures depression, reduces stress and induces sleep. It’s invigorating, rejuvenating …
- The Health Dangers of Sleep Deprivation
Do you know how much sleep you need? Recently, BBC News covered a story on an athlete who was killed …
- How To Get Wrinkles Out Of Clothes Without Using An Iron – 10 Simple Tricks!
With our increasingly busy schedules and “always on the go” attitude, we can often find our favorite outfit looking a …
- Running Low On Magnesium? Try These 18 Epsom Salt Beauty & Health Hacks Today!
Epsom salt, or magnesium sulfate, is a naturally-occurring crystal that’s found in a spring in Epsom, England. Contrary to its …
- DEA Ridiculed: American Epilepsy Society Announce Cannabis Extract Obliterates Epileptic Seizures In Children
Cannabis is by far one of the most healing plants in history. And yet, in most of the world, it …
- Why Lavender Oil is MORE Effective Than Xanax, Valium and Prozac for Relieving Anxiety
Despite all the advancements in technology designed to make our life easier, researchers are finding that we are more stressed …
- Scientists Discover Potential Cure in Yogurt Against Peanut Allergies… But Don’t Try This Just Yet!
For many people, especially children, with peanut allergies, simple daily routines such as communal meals can be complicated affairs. However, …
- 6 Key Nutrients Women Need as They Age
The specific composition of women’s bodies means that it’s important they get enough of certain vitamins and minerals, in order …
- 7 Relaxing and Restorative Yoga Poses For a Better Night’s Sleep
Some people find that as they age, sleep comes less easily to them than it used to. If this is …