Kefir (pronounced kee-fer), a cultured milk product from the Caucasus Mountains in Eastern Europe, has seen a rise in popularity lately because of its potential health benefits.
This recipe for coconut kefir water with cinnamon can curb sugar cravings, heal your digestive system, detoxify your body, support your endocrine system, and strengthen your immune system.
Made with young coconuts, it’s best prepared fresh, but if you can’t find fresh ones, high-quality coconut water will also do the trick.
Cinnamon Coconut Kefir Water Recipe
- 3-4 young coconuts – substitute 4 cups of coconut water if you can’t find fresh ones
- 4 tablespoons rehydrated water kefir grains or 1 packet of kefir starter
- 1 Ceylon cinnamon stick
- Open the young fresh coconuts. Cut open a hole and pour the coconut water into a glass jar. You can scoop out the flesh of the coconut and save it in the freezer for other recipes.
- Add the kefir grains or starter and cinnamon stick to the coconut water. If you’re using kefir starter, you’ll want to warm the coconut water over the stove on medium heat before you mix these ingredients. Once they’re combined, stir them together with a large spoon and cover the jar loosely with the lid.
- Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 1 to 2 days. It will be ready when it has turned milky white and has a tangy taste.
Once the kefir is ready, you can strain it and store it in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 weeks.
How It Works
This kefir drink is excellent for rehydrating after a workout(1), but that’s not the only benefit of the coconut water this mixture is based on.
Coconut water has also been shown to have beneficial effects on lipid metabolism(3). In addition to this, the sweetness of coconut water can help curb sugar cravings, which may assist in controlling your urge to binge on sweets.
- Have You Ever Tried ‘Hummoli’? This Dip Has Chickpeas, Avocado, Olive Oil, and More Healthy Ingredients!
Snacking can be the downfall of anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle. With so many unhealthy options available at …
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Mix Sauerkraut And Turmeric
Fermentation isn’t limited to the process of making your favorite beer or wine. It’s actually used to produce a wide …
- Anti-inflammatory Honey Turmeric Tonic Recipe And 17 Other Master Tonics
If you often find yourself tired or sick, it may be time to start integrating a master tonic or two …
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Drink Parsley Tea with Lemon and Honey
Parsley is an herb that’s often used as garnish. You’ve probably noticed quite a few restaurants doing this. Yet, this medicinal plant …
- How To Make Your Own “Tea of Immortality” At Home With This Foolproof Recipe
The origin of Kombucha is a thing of legends. Depending on whom you ask, you may get a completely different …
- Drink This Fat-Burning Ginger And Coconut Oil Smoothie to ACCELERATE Weight Loss
Whether it’s getting warmer or colder, it seems like each change in season wakes up a ravenous hunger. This can …
- Drink This Turmeric Juice For Its Anti-Inflammatory Properties (Just Blend All The Ingredients!)
Turmeric is a popular spice, particularly in India, where it is added to many dishes not only for it’s distinctive …
- Easy To Make Lemon Lavender Pancakes (With Coconut Flour and Homemade Almond Milk)
Pancakes are the ultimate all-American breakfast food. While there are many amazing toppings you can try to take your pancake …
- Cleanse Your Body of Toxins By Drinking This Cucumber Water Recipe
Staying hydrated isn’t just important in the summer; we need to be sure we’re getting enough fluids year-round. Many bodily …
- This 3-Ingredient Homemade Syrup Helps Relieve Sore Throat and Cough
A sore throat is one of the easiest ways to detect the common cold. The virus causes inflammation in your …
- 9 Amazing “No-Bread” Sandwich Ideas That Will Make You Drool
In recent years, many people have sworn off bread due to gluten intolerance or weight gain. So what is it like …
- Lemon With Garlic Mixture: Perfect For Clearing Heart Blockages
High levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad type) and a diet high in inflammatory foods is a recipe for disaster. If you …
- Beyond Guacamole: 6 Creative Avocado Recipes
Avocados are a fantastic source of monounsaturated fats, as well as a number of vitamins and minerals. You’re probably most …
- 11 Easy Crustless Pizza You’ll Love
Pizza is delicious. But it’s not something that you can enjoy every day without any repercussions. There are two main problems with pizza: …
- They Said Drinking Turmeric Tea Is Good For You…Here’s What They Didn’t Tell You
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years and western medicine is finally catching on. …