Kefir (pronounced kee-fer), a cultured milk product from the Caucasus Mountains in Eastern Europe, has seen a rise in popularity lately because of its potential health benefits.
This recipe for coconut kefir water with cinnamon can curb sugar cravings, heal your digestive system, detoxify your body, support your endocrine system, and strengthen your immune system.
Made with young coconuts, it’s best prepared fresh, but if you can’t find fresh ones, high-quality coconut water will also do the trick.
Cinnamon Coconut Kefir Water Recipe
- 3-4 young coconuts – substitute 4 cups of coconut water if you can’t find fresh ones
- 4 tablespoons rehydrated water kefir grains or 1 packet of kefir starter
- 1 Ceylon cinnamon stick
- Open the young fresh coconuts. Cut open a hole and pour the coconut water into a glass jar. You can scoop out the flesh of the coconut and save it in the freezer for other recipes.
- Add the kefir grains or starter and cinnamon stick to the coconut water. If you’re using kefir starter, you’ll want to warm the coconut water over the stove on medium heat before you mix these ingredients. Once they’re combined, stir them together with a large spoon and cover the jar loosely with the lid.
- Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 1 to 2 days. It will be ready when it has turned milky white and has a tangy taste.
Once the kefir is ready, you can strain it and store it in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 weeks.
Sign Up for Free Newsletter
Get our free newsletter in your Inbox daily. We'll also send you a copy of a free report on how to REVERSE 7 of the most dangerous diseases including cancer, heart disease, arthritis...and ELIMINATE pain naturally.
How It Works
This kefir drink is excellent for rehydrating after a workout(1), but that’s not the only benefit of the coconut water this mixture is based on.
Coconut water has also been shown to have beneficial effects on lipid metabolism(3). In addition to this, the sweetness of coconut water can help curb sugar cravings, which may assist in controlling your urge to binge on sweets.