Kefir (pronounced kee-fer), a cultured milk product from the Caucasus Mountains in Eastern Europe, has seen a rise in popularity lately because of its potential health benefits.
This recipe for coconut kefir water with cinnamon can curb sugar cravings, heal your digestive system, detoxify your body, support your endocrine system, and strengthen your immune system.
Made with young coconuts, it’s best prepared fresh, but if you can’t find fresh ones, high-quality coconut water will also do the trick.
Cinnamon Coconut Kefir Water Recipe
- 3-4 young coconuts – substitute 4 cups of coconut water if you can’t find fresh ones
- 4 tablespoons rehydrated water kefir grains or 1 packet of kefir starter
- 1 Ceylon cinnamon stick
- Open the young fresh coconuts. Cut open a hole and pour the coconut water into a glass jar. You can scoop out the flesh of the coconut and save it in the freezer for other recipes.
- Add the kefir grains or starter and cinnamon stick to the coconut water. If you’re using kefir starter, you’ll want to warm the coconut water over the stove on medium heat before you mix these ingredients. Once they’re combined, stir them together with a large spoon and cover the jar loosely with the lid.
- Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 1 to 2 days. It will be ready when it has turned milky white and has a tangy taste.
Once the kefir is ready, you can strain it and store it in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 weeks.
How It Works
This kefir drink is excellent for rehydrating after a workout(1), but that’s not the only benefit of the coconut water this mixture is based on.
Coconut water has also been shown to have beneficial effects on lipid metabolism(3). In addition to this, the sweetness of coconut water can help curb sugar cravings, which may assist in controlling your urge to binge on sweets.
- Why Beer Could Be Good for your Health
That beer belly of yours might not be associated with beer at all, according to a Czech Republic study cited …
- Weird Looking Food is a Nutritional Powerhouse
This is a one of a kind food that you should immediately start adding to your diet as often as …
- Finally! Hershey Promises ‘Simple Ingredients’ And The Removal of GMOs From Milk Chocolate
Joining the lineup of companies that are kneeling to public pressure, candy-maker Hershey has recently announced that it will soon …
- 5 Sweet Tooth Satisfying But Healthy Apricot Recipes. #5 Will Boost Heart Health.
Summer-ready apricots are a great and healthy way to satisfy your urge for something sweet, but also jam packed with …
- This Is What Happens In Your Body When You Drink a Coke
What Does Coke Do To You Have you ever wondered what does coke do to you? Why Coke comes with …
- 5 Antioxidant-Rich Blackberry Recipes
Blackberries are so much more than a dessert fruit staple. Not only are they able to help keep you looking …
- Cinnamon’s Dirty Little Secret REVEALED (Don’t Buy Any Until You’ve Read This!)
Cinnamon is one of those spices that go well in just about every type of food! It’s added to your …
- Former Pro-GMO Scientist Speaks Out On The Real Dangers of Genetically Engineered Food
(originally written by Thierry Vrain) I retired 10 years ago after a long career as a research scientist for Agriculture …
- 4 Hidden Ways Drinking Ice-Cold Water Is Bad For You
Ice-cold drinks are refreshing in the summer heat, and drinking ice water can help you burn calories(1). But there’s lots …
- Plant-Based Diet Works Better Than Drugs In Overcoming Diabetes, Study Claims
It is now well-established that a healthful and nutritious plant-based diet can help prevent and treat chronic diseases including heart …
- 5 Foods That Affect Thyroid Health For The Better or Worse
(originally written by Elizabeth Walling) Food heals. And when it comes to foods for your thyroid, it’s all the more true. …
- 10 Foods That Are Ruining Your Prostate Health
One in six men will deal with prostate cancer in his life, so it’s important for guys to keep their …
- Daily Consumption of This Purple Powder Outperforms Pharmaceuticals In Reducing Blood Pressure
Blueberries have been championed for their high antioxidant potential and anti-inflammatory properties. They are recognized as a good source of …
- Powerful Bacteria-Killing Spice With 4X The Concentration of Antioxidants as Blueberries!
When we hear of antioxidant foods, we often hear of berries. Blueberries in particular are touted for their rich antioxidant …
- A-Z List of Dangerous Food Ingredients You Should Avoid
Acrylamides These are toxic cancer causing chemicals that typically forms in starchy foods when they are baked, fried or roasted …