There seems to be a bit of confusion when it comes to including or excluding coffee for the sake of your health.
Because everyone is different, not every person will have the same reaction to caffeine intake.
While some may need it just to start the day, others will find themselves feeling jittery, experiencing rapid heartbeat or anxiety.
No two cups of coffee are alike either, as there are many factors that determine the quality and healthiness of your coffee.
Don’t fall into the belief that coffee is all bad. Coffee has been proven to help you burn fat, lower your risk of Type II diabetes, protect you from Alzheimer’s and Dementia, and even Parkinson’s (1).
On the flip side, coffee also has its negative side effects. Coffee can cause ulcers, IBS, raise your acidity level as well as irritate the intestinal tract. It’s also highly addictive as it releases the stress hormones cortisol, epinephrine, and norepinephrine (2).
When it comes to making sure your coffee as health friendly as possible, acidity should be considered as a factor.
Acidity in Coffee (and How to Counteract it With THIS Spice)
Your pH level is the measurement given to determine the acidity and alkalinity of the body. When the body becomes overly acidic, the physiologic activity in your body is influenced including your metabolism, pain, and diseases (3).
Unfortunately, coffee contributes to your body’s acidity rate. On the pH scale, coffee falls at about 5.0, where foods that are beneficial to health fall at around 7.4 (4).
While alkaline coffee has yet to be discovered, there is a trick based out of the Middle East that can help reduce its acidity level.
By adding cardamom to coffee, you can actually neutralize it (5). Cardamom helps with digestion, detoxification, blood pressure, and even has anti-inflammatory properties (6). Combining a few pinches of the spice to a 12-ounce cup of coffee will add healing properties as well as a strong and unique flavor.
How To Make Acid-Free Coffee
Turkish coffee has it’s own fan base due to it’s rich and delicious flavor. The secret ingredient to this cup of happiness is cardamom. Try the recipe below to fully appreciate the flavors and health benefits of cardamom-infused coffee.
To make Cardamom coffee you will need the following:
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon of finely ground Arabic coffee
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Sugar (optional) or preferably another low glycemic sweetener (stevia, raw honey)
To brew the coffee, you will need an ibrik (a Turkish coffee pot) if you have one or a saucepan.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil. Remove from heat and add coffee with cardamom.
- Return to heat to bring to boil again until the coffee foams, then remove from heat.
- Repeat step 2.
- Pour in a cup. Let stand for a few minutes, and serve (do not stir)
- How To Do a 3-Day Sugar Detox to ACCELERATE Fat Loss And Improve Your Mood!
Everybody gets a sweet tooth every once in a while, but it’s easy for these cravings to develop into full-blown …
- The World’s #1 Food For Heart Attack, Hypertension, Stroke And Cholesterol
Dates aren’t the most attractive fruit, but they certainly are sweet and nutritious. Studies show that this amazing fruit has …
- Top 6 Health Benefits of Magnesium
You probably already know a lot about the other vitamins and minerals that are crucial to your overall optimal health, …
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- Top 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods You Can Eat Every Day
The links between chronic inflammation and increased risk of diseases like cancer are well documented – as one study puts …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- This Drink Will Burn Stomach Fat 4X Faster, Prevent Cancer, Improve Energy And Remove Toxins
Most tea can be found either in tea bag or loose leaf form. Occasionally, it can also be fermented and …
- Do Not Use Apple Cider Vinegar If You’re On Any Of These Medications
Nothing exists in a vacuum. Our bodies are complex organisms that are constantly moving, with chemicals acting and interacting. Sometimes …
- 7 Day Alkaline Diet Plan to Fight Inflammation and Disease
Although the alkaline diet may seem like the latest celebrity craze, you shouldn’t dismiss it so quickly. Forget how you …
- Top 10 Plant-Based Protein Foods You Should Be Eating
Proteins (comprised of a variety of twenty amino acids) provide cell structure and serve as neurotransmitters between cells. There’s protein …
- How Taking Turmeric Helps Your Body Block Fat and Your Liver Remove Toxins as Fast as Possible
Turmeric, “the golden spice”, is a staple in India and surrounding regions. As of late, it’s becoming increasingly popular in …
- The First U.S. School District to Begin Serving Only Organic, GMO-Free Meals
Hail to the trailblazers! No one would argue the importance of nutrition, especially for children. As their bodies develop, they …
- Soak Chia Seeds To Supercharge Your Metabolism, Burn Fat And Fight Inflammation
You may have heard about chia pets, the adorable children’s toy made from sprouted seeds. These beloved toys are actually …
- 92 Alkaline Foods That Fight Cancer, Inflammation, Diabetes and Heart Disease
Human life, just like all life on earth, depends on appropriate pH levels in and around living organisms and cells. …