No matter how clean you keep your home, there’s no way to fully avoid getting the odd pest in your home.
And once they get in, it can be a nightmare to try to kick them out.
If you manage to get rid of them all, then you’ve probably dipped into some chemical extermination tool.
But you don’t have to expose your family to toxins to keep bugs out.
7 Natural Solutions For A Bug Free Home
Many of the tricks below will even freshen the scent of your home.
1. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint has such a strong scent that it’s intolerable to bugs. This is perfect for keeping bugs away. Spiders, in particular, hate the oil.
Use it by combining 8 drops of peppermint essential oil with a little water in a spray bottle. Spray the liquid in the corners of your house and around entry points in your home, such as doors and windows. To make an extra strong spray, add a few extra drops of peppermint oil or add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into the mix.
Use it by combining one part apple cider vinegar and two parts water in a spray bottle. Spray along baseboards and entry points.
3. Baking Soda
When baking soda is eaten by insects, it releases carbon dioxide bubbles that kill the bugs. It can also absorb moisture from their organisms.
Spray ant mounds with 2 cups of baking soda, wait 30 minutes and pour 1 cup of vinegar over it. You can also disperse baking soda in corners, cracks, and baseboards. Keep it there for a few days and vacuum it away.
4. Lavender, Rosemary & Eucalyptus
This combination can be used to fight off bed bugs as well as upholstery, linens, and carpets (4). Used the dried herbs in teabags under your pillow and mattress or add 5-10 drop of each essential oil in a small spray bottle with a few teaspoon of water.
5. Mint Leaves
Mint leaves, like peppermint oil, is perfect for repelling a variety of bugs. Simply crush a few dried leaves in the corners of each room as well as around your mattress and in your wardrobe to keep moths away. You can even use it against flies and mosquitoes (5).
6. Cayenne Pepper
If your house is infested with ants and other bugs, like roaches, or earwigs, sprinkle a little cayenne pepper near their entry points. don’t forget to line the baseboards of your bathroom, where lady bugs and silverfish love to nest (6).
7. Silica Gel
Diatomaceous earth also works, but it’s best to keep both of these solutions away from your pets.
- 5 Easy Soaks To Rebalance Good Bacteria And Banish Stinky Feet Forever
No one likes having stinky feet. It can also be pretty embarrassing to have to take off your smelly shoes …
- 8 Surprising Reasons Why Drinking Red Wine Can Actually Be Good For Your Overall Health
While too much of anything is inevitably bad for you, indulging in certain vices in moderation can actually have a …
- This Fat Flush Water Recipe Helps You Lose Weight By Getting Rid of Toxins Stored In Fat Cells
There’s no denying that eating a healthy diet and exercising are the two best things you can do to burn …
- Asthma Can Be Reduced By Increasing Vitamin D Levels And Consuming Ginger
Patients with chronic inflammatory diseases, such as asthma are typically vitamin D deficient and can benefit from both increases in …
- Everyone Has Baking Soda In Their House, But Did You Know It Can Be Used For THIS…
Home remedies are pretty much a hit and miss because everybody reacts differently to certain treatment. Even in the world of …
- The Relationship Between Blood Sugar Levels And Stress Is More Serious Than You Think
The relationship between insulin and stress-related hormones is complex, but it’s important to understand it, especially for those living with …
- Handy Guide To Vitamins A-K
Vitamins like minerals are nutrients that are required by your body in order to function properly. A vitamin deficiency occurs …
- How to Heal Your Kidneys Naturally Using 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
There’s a lot of items in your kitchen that could easily replace those kept in your medicine cabinet. Although you …
- Being Overweight due to ‘Slow Metabolism’ No Longer Just an Excuse
No longer can people be mocked for saying the reason they are overweight is due to ‘bad genes’, because researchers …
- 8 Easy Tips To Help You Stop Snoring Naturally
Snoring can be a major problem when it comes to sleeping, both for the snorer and their spouse. How do …
- These 5 Habits Are Harming Your Immune System And Ruining Your Health
From everyday airborne allergens to countertop bacteria, your immune system is a complex network that is constantly battling to keep …
- Got Spring Allergies? Learn to Control Them!
Spring allergies can quickly transform a sunny day spent enjoying the outdoors into a nightmare of pollen-induced sneezing, wheezing, and …
- Researchers Discover That 85% of Tampons Are Contaminated With Cancer-Causing Herbicide
Your feminine hygiene products may be poisoning you (1). According to a study done by the University of La Plata, …
- 4 Natural Ingredients You Can Eat To Help Your Body Detox And Flush Out Heavy Metals
We live in a world full of toxins. From the food we eat, the water we drink, and the air we …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …