Sometimes a sweet tooth can be really hard to ignore.
But grabbing a slice of cake or reaching for your favorite candy actually feeds any cancerous or precancerous cells you may have in your body. This is especially true for sweets containing processed sugars, like high fructose corn syrup.
So next time you feel a craving coming on, try these healthy fudge squares!
Almond Butter Fudge
- 1 cup natural, creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup organic extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp organic vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- Combine everything in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Line your cake pan with parchment paper.
- Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- For a hint of sweetness, drizzle a little maple syrup on top and enjoy!
Almonds: Surprisingly, despite being a high fat food, almonds and other nuts actually help you lose weight. This is because they are nutrient-dense and high in fiber. Rather than giving you a sugar high and a crash shortly after, nuts supply steady energy and protein that makes you feel fuller, unlike most of the junk food we crave.
Not surprisingly (1), obesity is directly related to cancer. More specifically, oesophagus, pancreas, colorectal, breast, uterine, kidney, thyroid and gallbladder cancers are often caused by obesity. By helping you lose weight and keep it off, nuts protect you from dangerous cancers.
They also contain powerful antioxidants that fight off cancer-causing free radicals. Additionally, almonds contain magnesium and vitamin E, which are know to fight colon, bladder and breast cancer (3,4,5).
Coconut Oil: Coconut contains an anti-inflammatory compound called lauric acid, which kills of viral, fungal and bacterial infection (6). It’s so powerful that it can kill 93% of colon cancer cells in just two days.
The oil also maintains proper digestive health and boosts the immune system to keep your body’s natural anti-cancer systems in top shape. It’s also full of antioxidants that prevent genetic damage caused by free radicals, a condition linked with the development of cancer (7).
- Food is Fuel But It’s Also Information For The Body
How many times have you heard someone say “food is fuel”, whether it’s your personal trainer, your doctor, or your …
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Drink Parsley Tea with Lemon and Honey
Parsley is an herb that’s often used as garnish. You’ve probably noticed quite a few restaurants doing this. Yet, this medicinal plant …
- Top 5 Nutrients That Will Keep Your Eyes Healthy
Have you ever asked yourself if you had to give up one of your five senses – see, hear, smell, …
- 5 Fat-Busting Smoothies That Keep Cravings at Bay!
Did you know that many of the vitamins and nutrient in your food die off during the cooking process? Water …
- 9 Top Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
If you’re in the mood for a chewy snack that doubles as a phenomenal health food, look no further than …
- 5 Surprising Reasons Why Experts Recommend Eating This Everyday
Avocados are a miracle superfood, but they used to have a bad reputation. Very few American household keep them stocked …
- This 3-Ingredient Remedy Helps Cure Clogged Arteries, Fight Infections And Colds
A naturally prepared medicine from Germany is made up of powerful healing ingredients which include ginger, lemon, garlic and water. The three main …
- 7 Drinks Worse Than a Candy Bar. (You Won’t Believe How Much Added Sugar These Have!)
Although many of us frequently forget about the caloric content of the drinks we consume with otherwise healthy meals, what …
- Eating More Fermented Foods Will Improve Your Mood, Metabolism And Immune System
It’s not difficult to get into a rut with food. As we rush about in our busy lives, many times …
- He Puts Garlic In A Jar. The Result? I Can’t Wait To Use This In My Kitchen!
There’s no denying the allure of a home-cooked meal, but it’s an unfortunate fact that many tasty things can be troublesome …
- Too Much Protein: Are We Eating Too Much Meat? (INFOGRAPHIC)
It’s been well established that the North American diet is too carbohydrate-heavy. Sugar overload and diet imbalance has wreaked health …
- 5 Energy-Boosting Chia Seed Recipes
Chia seeds contain more plant-based omega-3 fatty acids than flax seeds, and have also been traditionally used as a source …
- Recipes from the Pantry: Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an interesting and less frequently used alternative to white, balsamic, or red wine vinegar, with all …
- The Simple Key to Avoid Overeating
Many people who have struggled with losing or maintaining their weight all agree that overeating is the downfall of any …
- The Truth About “Healthy” Vegetable Oils
There are good fats and bad fats. Knowing which is which sometimes seems like a chore. What’s worse is that …