Sometimes a sweet tooth can be really hard to ignore.
But grabbing a slice of cake or reaching for your favorite candy actually feeds any cancerous or precancerous cells you may have in your body. This is especially true for sweets containing processed sugars, like high fructose corn syrup.
So next time you feel a craving coming on, try these healthy fudge squares!
Almond Butter Fudge
- 1 cup natural, creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup organic extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp organic vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- Combine everything in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Line your cake pan with parchment paper.
- Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- For a hint of sweetness, drizzle a little maple syrup on top and enjoy!
Almonds: Surprisingly, despite being a high fat food, almonds and other nuts actually help you lose weight. This is because they are nutrient-dense and high in fiber. Rather than giving you a sugar high and a crash shortly after, nuts supply steady energy and protein that makes you feel fuller, unlike most of the junk food we crave.
Not surprisingly (1), obesity is directly related to cancer. More specifically, oesophagus, pancreas, colorectal, breast, uterine, kidney, thyroid and gallbladder cancers are often caused by obesity. By helping you lose weight and keep it off, nuts protect you from dangerous cancers.
They also contain powerful antioxidants that fight off cancer-causing free radicals. Additionally, almonds contain magnesium and vitamin E, which are know to fight colon, bladder and breast cancer (3,4,5).
Coconut Oil: Coconut contains an anti-inflammatory compound called lauric acid, which kills of viral, fungal and bacterial infection (6). It’s so powerful that it can kill 93% of colon cancer cells in just two days.
The oil also maintains proper digestive health and boosts the immune system to keep your body’s natural anti-cancer systems in top shape. It’s also full of antioxidants that prevent genetic damage caused by free radicals, a condition linked with the development of cancer (7).
- 5 Sweet Tooth Satisfying But Healthy Apricot Recipes. #5 Will Boost Heart Health.
Summer-ready apricots are a great and healthy way to satisfy your urge for something sweet, but also jam packed with …
- Should I Eat That Peanut Butter Sandwich?
A peanut butter sandwich probably seems pretty innocuous, but is it really good for you? Let’s take apart this lunchtime …
- 5 Surprising Reasons Why Coconut Flour Might Just Be Better For You
Coconut flour is a flour made from coconut solids that have been ground into a very fine powder. It has …
- 5 Nuts and Seeds That Fill You Up With Healthy Fats And Protein (They’re Perfect For Snacking!)
If you’re feeling hungry in the middle of the day but don’t want to commit to a full meal, nuts …
- Eating Your Trees: Fun and Healthy Broccoli Recipes
Broccoli is rich in fiber, vitamin C, and tons of phytonutrients, and it’s available just about year round. While you …
- 5 Energy-Draining Foods to Avoid
We all know that some foods are higher in caloric content than others. Often times, we seek out these higher …
- 6 Worthy Reasons To Add More Omega-3s To Your Diet
Omega-3 fatty acids have been popular for some time now – ever since Danish scientists discovered that the indigenous people …
- 5 Things You Never Knew About Your Favorite Sports Drink
Gatorade is the go-to sports drink for many athletes. Almost everyone knows about the Gatorade story. The popular drink was developed …
- 5 Foods That Detox Heavy Metals + Tonic Recipe
In today’s toxic world, we absorb, inhale, and ingest chemicals and heavy metals on a daily basis. Bad bacteria and …
- The Brain Loves Fisetin-Rich Foods Like Strawberries, Mangoes and Cucumbers (Here’s Why!)
Alzheimer’s and dementia affect one in three Americans towards the end of their lives. While the prospect of facing one of …
- America’s #1 GMO Cookie that Causes Fatty Liver And Cancer
Oreo cookies are of America’s most well-loved and recognized treats. Throughout their 104-year legacy, the cookie brand has settled into …
- 8 Herbal Cures You Can Grow In The Comfort of Your Home
Healthcare is expensive, and often times there are natural remedies you can grow at home that can save you big …
- Top 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods You Can Eat Every Day
The links between chronic inflammation and increased risk of diseases like cancer are well documented – as one study puts …
- Eat Your Greens with These 5 Spinach Recipes
As a leafy green, spinach provides a cornucopia of vitamins and minerals. Recently, researchers have also found that the nutritional …
- 16-Year-Olds Win Google Science Fair With a Simple but Brilliant Food Hack
A strange observation led to an innovative discovery and the top prize of Google’s 2014 Science Fair. While 16-year-old Emer …