Sometimes a sweet tooth can be really hard to ignore.
But grabbing a slice of cake or reaching for your favorite candy actually feeds any cancerous or precancerous cells you may have in your body. This is especially true for sweets containing processed sugars, like high fructose corn syrup.
So next time you feel a craving coming on, try these healthy fudge squares!
Almond Butter Fudge
- 1 cup natural, creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup organic extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp organic vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- Combine everything in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Line your cake pan with parchment paper.
- Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- For a hint of sweetness, drizzle a little maple syrup on top and enjoy!
Almonds: Surprisingly, despite being a high fat food, almonds and other nuts actually help you lose weight. This is because they are nutrient-dense and high in fiber. Rather than giving you a sugar high and a crash shortly after, nuts supply steady energy and protein that makes you feel fuller, unlike most of the junk food we crave.
Not surprisingly (1), obesity is directly related to cancer. More specifically, oesophagus, pancreas, colorectal, breast, uterine, kidney, thyroid and gallbladder cancers are often caused by obesity. By helping you lose weight and keep it off, nuts protect you from dangerous cancers.
They also contain powerful antioxidants that fight off cancer-causing free radicals. Additionally, almonds contain magnesium and vitamin E, which are know to fight colon, bladder and breast cancer (3,4,5).
Coconut Oil: Coconut contains an anti-inflammatory compound called lauric acid, which kills of viral, fungal and bacterial infection (6). It’s so powerful that it can kill 93% of colon cancer cells in just two days.
The oil also maintains proper digestive health and boosts the immune system to keep your body’s natural anti-cancer systems in top shape. It’s also full of antioxidants that prevent genetic damage caused by free radicals, a condition linked with the development of cancer (7).
- Shocking Investigation Reveals Herbal Supplements From GNC, Target, Wal-Mart, Walgreens are FAKE!
For the millions who shop for store-brand herbal supplements at mega retailers like Walmart, you’re in for a big surprise. …
- Here’s Why Eating Coconut Oil Is Great For Your Brain, Heart And Digestive System
Long prized for its sweet flavor and high fiber content, coconut has been deemed by many health gurus to be …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- Is it Safe to Eat Mango Skin? The Hidden Benefits of Mango Peel
Some produce can be eaten straight out of the garden while others require extensive cleaning, scrubbing and peeling. As you …
- 7 Compelling Health Benefits to Eating Cucumber
You probably eat cucumbers all the time, but do you know the many cucumber benefits? Cucumbers are in the same …
- 32 Signs That You Need More Magnesium Right Now (And How To Get It)
In 2009, the World Health Organization published a report (1) that stated that 75% of Americans consumed less magnesium than …
- Here’s How to Starve Cancer to Death By Removing One Thing From Your Diet
An estimated 12.5 million people had some form of cancer in 2009, according to the American Cancer Society. Another 25.8 …
- How To Make Your Own “Tea of Immortality” At Home With This Foolproof Recipe
The origin of Kombucha is a thing of legends. Depending on whom you ask, you may get a completely different …
- Eat Half a Teaspoon of Turmeric Every Day And These 10 Things Will Happen To Your Body
Turmeric, commonly found in curry, is an increasingly popular spice. Not only is it delicious, it’s also effective in maintaining …
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Start Eating 3 Bananas Per Day – And No They Won’t Make You Fat
Health gurus are going “bananas” for bananas! When any creature naturally relies on or gravitates toward a specific food, you …
- 5 Delicious Fruit-Infused Water Recipes To Drink Instead Of Soda
Soda can feel like a cool, refreshing drink on a hot day, but it’s hardly the most health-conscious option available. …
- Decayed Meat Treated With Carbon Monoxide to Make It Look Fresh At The Grocery
Did you ever wonder how the meat sold in the grocery store always looks so fresh? Have you thought about …
- Mangoes Destroy Cancer, Blast Fat, Reduce Cholesterol, and More
The sweet, unique, delicate flavor of a succulent mango brings the tropics to your plate. Although the tree is in …
- Here’s Why You Need to Stop Eating Commercial Soy Products
Soy became somewhat of a fad starting in the late ’70s. With the alarming rise in the numbers of people …
- Ginger, Honey and Cinnamon Mixture to Reverse Inflammation, Colds, Flu, Cramps, Diabetes And Cancer
Tea is often the first thing we reach for when we aren’t feeling well. While green tea has many benefits, …