Blackberries are so much more than a dessert fruit staple. Not only are they able to help keep you looking younger, but they can also protect your skin from the sun’s UVA/UVB (ultraviolet) damage.
It is the anthocyanocides and polyphenols, two types of antioxidants, that help to halt the aging process by fighting free radicals. And it is their richness in vitamin C and vitamin A that helps to protect you from getting skin damage whilst you are out in the sun. Blackberries also help your skin stay looking young because they are 85% water, which helps to detoxify the skin of dead skin cells.
Try these simple, yet delicious recipes that are bursting with blackberry goodness.
1. Blackberry Fennel Pizza
When choosing fresh blackberries for your pizza topping, ensure you rinse them only just before you plan on eating them. Do not do it in advance as they will go soggy and therefore rot faster.
Blackberries are also rich in omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids which are vital for brain and skin health.
Recipe @ scalingbackblog
2. Wild Blackberry Bread
Everyone needs a little sweet treat every now and again. But nothing is better than a homemade treat, like this delicious sweet blackberry-bursting bread that is free of dangerous preservatives commonly found in the store-bought varieties.
If you are looking for stronger, healthier looking hair, then let the blackberries in this recipe help you achieve this with the vitamin C they contain; it is largely responsible for producing collagen which contributes to strong hair.
Recipe @ cookinformycaptain
3. Watermelon, Blackberry, and Mint Salad
Don’t be afraid to mix things up and make this very unique salad, with not a lettuce leaf in sight!
The blackberries it contains can help to boost your vital white and red blood cell count because they contain minerals such as potassium, manganese, copper, and magnesium which are needed to keep producing them.
Recipe @ twopeas&theirpod
4. Raw Vegan Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
Oh. My. Wordy. Just one bite of of one of these blackberry cheesecake bars will make you feel like you have died and gone to heaven!
Boost your intake of brain-building good fats from walnuts and coconut when you reach for these tart and delicious bars. Being packed with a good amount of calcium, the blackberries in this recipe will also help to strengthen your bones.
Recipe @ choosingraw
5. One Pot Wonder Blackberry Glazed Salmon and Asparagus
When picking your salmon for this recipe, opt for the wild variety. Farmed salmon is fed genetically-modified corn and contains less omega-3 than its wild friends.
The antioxidant ellagic acid in the blackberry glaze on the salmon can help to prevent the development of certain cancer cells.
Recipe @ apronstringsblog
- 5 Overripe Banana Recipes That Are So Good You Might Let Them Go Bad On PURPOSE
Did you know that eating just three bananas a day can reduce your risk of stroke by as much as …
- 8 Drinks That Make Dieting Easier
Having trouble sticking to your diet? Consider accompanying your meals with these drinks to keep you on track. 1. Ginger …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- This Simple Leaf Can Help Boost Your Immune System and Increase Energy Levels
As unassuming as it may look, the olive leaf is gaining recognition lately as a powerful protector against illness, especially …
- How to Make Fruit Roll-Ups at Home With REAL Fruit and Gelatin For Your Hair, Skin and Joints
Despite being advertised as containing “real fruit”, commercial fruit roll-ups contain in fact more hydrogenated oil and high-fructose corn syrup …
- Spicy! Chili Peppers Prevent Cancer and Could Extend Lifespan By 30 Percent
Capsaicin found in chili peppers is known to promote fat burning and increase metabolism, but researchers are now showing evidence …
- Coca-Cola Attempts to Go Healthy With Stevia-Sweetened Coke Life
A healthy Coke. Ah, how sweet. Really. Coca-Cola, in an effort to recoup decreases in sales of the last several …
- Weird Looking Food is a Nutritional Powerhouse
This is a one of a kind food that you should immediately start adding to your diet as often as …
- Neurobiologist Discovers THIS Single Food Reduces Your Chance of Alzheimer’s by 75%
Brain diseases are horrible, especially alzheimer’s. It not only robs you of your precious memories and eventually your ability to function …
- Key Ingredient Found In Citrus Essential Oils Can Inhibit The Growth of Liver Cancer Cells
A key component of citrus essential oils may be a natural way of preventing liver cancer, according to a new …
- Top 10 Homemade Seasoning Blends to Supercharge Your Health
Are you still buying all of your seasoning mixes at the store? It is so simple and cost effective to make …
- Soda Companies Knowingly Sell Cancer in a Can
Sodium benzoate, a preservative used commonly in soda drinks, when mixed with citric acid or ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) can …
- Two Natural Aphrodisiacs To Spice Up Your Love Life
Oysters, chocolate, honey, and even garlic all have one thing in common – they’ve been touted time and again as …
- How Eating Broccoli 3X a Week Fights Liver Disease And Cancer (Here’s The BEST Way To Eat It!)
Cancer and liver disease incidence has tripled since 1980; with rates from 2003 to 2012 increasing 2.7% per year. Cancer …
- Top 5 Reasons To Drink More Fresh, Young Coconut Water
Coconut water has grown in popularity in recent years, gaining traction as an alternative to sugary sports drinks due to …