Blackberries are so much more than a dessert fruit staple. Not only are they able to help keep you looking younger, but they can also protect your skin from the sun’s UVA/UVB (ultraviolet) damage.
It is the anthocyanocides and polyphenols, two types of antioxidants, that help to halt the aging process by fighting free radicals. And it is their richness in vitamin C and vitamin A that helps to protect you from getting skin damage whilst you are out in the sun. Blackberries also help your skin stay looking young because they are 85% water, which helps to detoxify the skin of dead skin cells.
Try these simple, yet delicious recipes that are bursting with blackberry goodness.
1. Blackberry Fennel Pizza
When choosing fresh blackberries for your pizza topping, ensure you rinse them only just before you plan on eating them. Do not do it in advance as they will go soggy and therefore rot faster.
Blackberries are also rich in omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids which are vital for brain and skin health.
Recipe @ scalingbackblog
2. Wild Blackberry Bread
Everyone needs a little sweet treat every now and again. But nothing is better than a homemade treat, like this delicious sweet blackberry-bursting bread that is free of dangerous preservatives commonly found in the store-bought varieties.
If you are looking for stronger, healthier looking hair, then let the blackberries in this recipe help you achieve this with the vitamin C they contain; it is largely responsible for producing collagen which contributes to strong hair.
Recipe @ cookinformycaptain
3. Watermelon, Blackberry, and Mint Salad
Don’t be afraid to mix things up and make this very unique salad, with not a lettuce leaf in sight!
The blackberries it contains can help to boost your vital white and red blood cell count because they contain minerals such as potassium, manganese, copper, and magnesium which are needed to keep producing them.
Recipe @ twopeas&theirpod
4. Raw Vegan Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
Oh. My. Wordy. Just one bite of of one of these blackberry cheesecake bars will make you feel like you have died and gone to heaven!
Boost your intake of brain-building good fats from walnuts and coconut when you reach for these tart and delicious bars. Being packed with a good amount of calcium, the blackberries in this recipe will also help to strengthen your bones.
Recipe @ choosingraw
5. One Pot Wonder Blackberry Glazed Salmon and Asparagus
When picking your salmon for this recipe, opt for the wild variety. Farmed salmon is fed genetically-modified corn and contains less omega-3 than its wild friends.
The antioxidant ellagic acid in the blackberry glaze on the salmon can help to prevent the development of certain cancer cells.
Recipe @ apronstringsblog
- Powerful Compound Found in Small Seeds is 100% Effective in ‘Preventing Cancer from Spreading’
Would you ever think that staple condiments used at sushi bars could help treat bladder cancer? While seaweed is excellent at …
- 11 Plant-Based Substances That Help Support Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
Type 1 diabetes is currently considered an incurable disease – there are ways to manage and treat it, but ultimately …
- Shocking Ingredients Used in McNuggets – TBHQ!
Have you ever wondered what’s in McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets other than a small piece of chicken? You’ll be surprised to …
- 16 Herbs and Spices to Fight Diabetes That Don’t Taste Like Grass (You Won’t Regret Trying No. 10)
Diabetes is the 7th leading cause of death in the United States. More than 29.1 million Americans are diabetic of which 8 …
- 7 Foods To Eat For an Exceptional Immune System
If you’ve been feeling weak lately and have noticed that you’re getting sick a lot with minor colds and flus, you …
- He Puts Garlic In A Jar. The Result? I Can’t Wait To Use This In My Kitchen!
There’s no denying the allure of a home-cooked meal, but it’s an unfortunate fact that many tasty things can be troublesome …
- Are Bananas As Bad For You As Cookies?
Have you ever noticed how some foods seem to fill you up for hours and others leave you feeling even …
- 5 Sweet Tooth Satisfying But Healthy Apricot Recipes. #5 Will Boost Heart Health.
Summer-ready apricots are a great and healthy way to satisfy your urge for something sweet, but also jam packed with …
- Drink This Probiotic-Rich Lemonade To Boost Your Immune System And Improve Gut Health
There’s no drink more appropriate on a warm sunny day than a tall glass of lemonade, especially when citrus fruits …
- Selenium-Rich Foods Help Support Your Immune System Against Certain Types of Cancer
New evidence shows that selenium – naturally found in foods like garlic and broccoli and various nuts – can help …
- How Many Meals Should You Eat Per Day?
Ah, the age-old question of healthy eating. Some say stick to three meals a day, with no snacking. Others say …
- How To Preserve Avocados For a Year by Freezing Them (It’s Quick And Easy To Do!)
Avocados are a delicious food, recently gaining newfound popularity as a “superfood” after years of being largely ignored due to …
- Rare Antioxidant Found in This Fruit Can Help Protect Against Neurological Disease
Fruits and vegetables come in a variety of bright colors. You rarely find beige produce. It is in the color …
- 10 Foods to Heal Your Body & Boost Metabolism
These days, everyone seems to be talking about ways to boost metabolism. With certain healing foods, you can both add …
- Dark Chocolate Improves Cardiovascular Health by Reducing Inflammation
Finally! Proof that something that makes us happy and tastes good is good for us. The incidence of cardiovascular disease …