This is the reason why it’s so important to perform a liver detox every once in a while. Doing this will give your liver a much needed break and help it recover.
An unhealthy liver can affect other organs and weaken your immune system in the process.
Here’s a list of 3 very effective drinks to help detox your liver and flush out excessive fat that’s been storing toxins for too long (1).
1. Multi-Color Smoothie
- 1 bell pepper (any color of your choosing)
- 3 carrots
- 1 medium cucumber
- Half a lemon (peeled)
- 1 organic apple (keep the skin)
Blend all the ingredient together and drink immediately.
This detox smoothie contains high levels of vitamin C, A and dietary fiber, which are needed to flush out toxins.
Drinking a glass or two a day is not only good for cleansing your liver but it will also help improve your skin complexion and energy levels.
2. Green Tea Citrus Mix
- Half a cup of green tea, cooled down
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 banana
The powerful antioxidant EGCG found in green tea acts together with the lemon juice to rapidly detoxify the body. EGCG is absorbed much better in the presence of vitamin C (2) and potassium (from the banana).
3. Golden Liver-Flushing Juice
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric
- A bit of ginger
- The juice of half a lemon
- Half a cup of water
The combined benefits of these superfoods help cleanse your bowels and prevent gallstones.
- He Fills An Ice Cube Tray With Fresh Herbs. The Reason? GENIUS!!
Do you ever wish you could use fresh herbs in all your cooking? We buy fresh dill, basil, cilantro, oregano, …
- 5 Energy-Boosting Chia Seed Recipes
Chia seeds contain more plant-based omega-3 fatty acids than flax seeds, and have also been traditionally used as a source …
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Drink Parsley Tea with Lemon and Honey
Parsley is an herb that’s often used as garnish. You’ve probably noticed quite a few restaurants doing this. Yet, this medicinal plant …
- 5 Antioxidant-Rich Blackberry Recipes
Blackberries are so much more than a dessert fruit staple. Not only are they able to help keep you looking …
- How To Make Vegan Cheese Using Cashews
Extra smooth with a subtle garlic flavor, this vegan cheese with cashews will make you forget about dairy. Guess what! You …
- Lemon With Garlic Mixture: Perfect For Clearing Heart Blockages
High levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad type) and a diet high in inflammatory foods is a recipe for disaster. If you …
- 10 Easy Juicing Recipes For Cleansing The Body of Toxins
Modern unhealthy diets and polluted environment cause toxins to build up in our bodies, which is why a detoxification program …
- How to Make Chai Tea. (Reduce Inflammation, Strengthen Immunity, and Improve Digestion)
Suffering from indigestion or coming down with a cold? No problem! This unique chai tea recipe will help strengthen your …
- 5 Sweet Tooth Satisfying But Healthy Apricot Recipes. #5 Will Boost Heart Health.
Summer-ready apricots are a great and healthy way to satisfy your urge for something sweet, but also jam packed with …
- 4-Ingredient Recipe Will Supercharge Your Immune System Like No Other
One criticism often received by recipes involving cooked onions, garlic and other alliums is that the heating process destroys much …
- How To Make A Metabolism Boosting Spice Blend
There are a number of herbs and spices that have metabolism boosting properties – and this unique blend includes some …
- 5 Pleasing Sweet Potato Recipes. #3 Makes for a Healthy Breafkast.
Organic sweet potatoes are relatively cheap considering the amount of goodness they contain. They contain high levels of vitamin B6, …
- Mix Turmeric, Mango and Pineapple For a Delicious Smoothie Recipe
Turmeric is a great spice – distinctive yet versatile, it’s useful in all sorts of dishes, but isn’t usually used …
- 5 Delicious Fruit-Infused Water Recipes To Drink Instead Of Soda
Soda can feel like a cool, refreshing drink on a hot day, but it’s hardly the most health-conscious option available. …
- 9 Amazing “No-Bread” Sandwich Ideas That Will Make You Drool
In recent years, many people have sworn off bread due to gluten intolerance or weight gain. So what is it like …