Your kidneys are constantly filtering your blood, making sure that waste products exit your body from urine. When you live an unhealthy lifestyle, these toxins build up and make it harder for your kidneys to do their job. That’s why it’s so important to stay hydrated and detox your kidneys (as well as your liver) every once in awhile. This habit can help prevent kidney disease, kidney stones and toxic build-up within your body.
How Can Parsley Help Your Kidneys?
Parsley is full of vitamin k, vitamin A, vitamin c, folate and iron (1) which are important for kidney health (2).
Surprisingly, parsley (3) is also:
- Antihyperlipidemic (lowers blood fat)
- Antihepatotoxic (prevents liver toxicity)
- Antihypertensive (lowers blood pressure)
- Estrogenic (helps manage menstruation)
Traditional medicine recommends the use of parsley to help manage kidney stones (4).
Drinking parsley tea helps cleanse your kidneys by increasing urine production and flow, which may “push” out kidney stones (5). It’s also said to prevent the absorption of salt into kidney tissue, preventing the formation of kidney stones.
This tea can also be used for reducing anxiety and calming the nerves.
How To Make Parsley Tea To Cleanse Your Kidneys
Fresh herbs make for a more potent tea, but you can replace them with a handful of dried parsley leaves.
- 1 bunch of fresh organic parsley leaves
- 8 cups of filtered water
- 2 tbsp of raw, organic honey
- The juice of half a lemon, freshly squeezed
- Wash and chop the leaves, leaving them in large pieces.
- Boil water at medium heat.
- Once it boils, add leaves and lower heat.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain it into a large sauce pan with a lid and let it cool.
- Add lemon and honey to taste.
- Drink 1-2 cups a day.
- Store in glass containers in the fridge for up to a week.
If you’re currently taking prescription medication or suffer from kidney disease of other illnesses, talk to your doctor before taking parsley tea.
Parsley tea can induce menstruation and abortion, so pregnant women should abstain from drinking this tea.
- Turn a Small Space Into a Big Harvest With These Awesome Vertical Gardens
Whether you want to grow veggies, herbs or flowers, gardening can be very rewarding. However sometimes your love for plants …
- How to Start Reversing Any Autoimmune Condition In Weeks
According to a worldwide study of autoimmune diseases published last year, “Epidemiological data provide evidence of a steady rise in …
- 8 Early Warning Signs of Lung Cancer You Should Know
These days it is rare to find someone whose life has not been directly affected by cancer. Out of the …
- To Lose Weight, Eating Less Is Far More Important Than Exercising More
There is no question that engaging in a regular exercise regimen affords innumerable health benefits. From cardiovascular strength to staving …
- 5 Easy Ways To Beat Brain Fog And Stay Sharp At Any Age
While everyone has moments where they “space out” and misplace their keys or forget the name of someone they met …
- Thermograms: Safer, More Accurate than Mammograms
Until recently, the medical community urged every woman over the age of 40 to get yearly mammograms. As the dangers …
- 27-Year-Old Man Credits This Special Diet For Surviving Stage-4 Brain Cancer
There has been a ton of media and attention given to the Paleo Diet in the last year or so. …
- 5 Common Risk Factors for Kidney Disease
Stay on the lookout for kidney disease—a silent killer that lurks quietly and strikes with dangerous consequences before most people …
- A Survey Was Given to 114 U.S. Doctors About Nutrition. Their Answers Should Be a Huge Wake Up Call for U.S. Healthcare.
Nutrition is pretty basic. You are what you eat and all that. We put our faith in our physicians to …
- FDA Is Recalling Turmeric From THESE Brands Due To Lead Contamination
Since turmeric is a health food as well as a medicine, it’s essential to buy the high-quality stuff. Low-quality spices …
- How To Effectively Deep-Clean And Freshen Your Mattress Without Using Bleach
Although most people clean their bed sheets every week, it’s rare for people to think of washing their mattress even …
- What’s Your Headache Telling You?
Everyone gets headaches, right? Actually, 90% of the population has had a headache at some time. There are five different …
- Boy Loses 75% of His Eyesight Because of This Small Toy That You Probably Have At Home
tag: laser pointer injury According to ABC, a Tasmanian teenager suffered a serious injury to his vision by playing with a …
- Wearing Sunscreen May NOT Prevent Skin Cancer, Study Claims
Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States; in the last 30 years, people have manifested skin …
- Mind-Blowing Reasons Why Aloe Vera Is a Miracle Medicine Plant
Few common plants are as versatile and nurturing to human health as aloe vera. While intrinsically a tropical plant, this …