Your kidneys are constantly filtering your blood, making sure that waste products exit your body from urine. When you live an unhealthy lifestyle, these toxins build up and make it harder for your kidneys to do their job. That’s why it’s so important to stay hydrated and detox your kidneys (as well as your liver) every once in awhile. This habit can help prevent kidney disease, kidney stones and toxic build-up within your body.
How Can Parsley Help Your Kidneys?
Parsley is full of vitamin k, vitamin A, vitamin c, folate and iron (1) which are important for kidney health (2).
Surprisingly, parsley (3) is also:
- Antihyperlipidemic (lowers blood fat)
- Antihepatotoxic (prevents liver toxicity)
- Antihypertensive (lowers blood pressure)
- Estrogenic (helps manage menstruation)
Traditional medicine recommends the use of parsley to help manage kidney stones (4).
Drinking parsley tea helps cleanse your kidneys by increasing urine production and flow, which may “push” out kidney stones (5). It’s also said to prevent the absorption of salt into kidney tissue, preventing the formation of kidney stones.
This tea can also be used for reducing anxiety and calming the nerves.
How To Make Parsley Tea To Cleanse Your Kidneys
Fresh herbs make for a more potent tea, but you can replace them with a handful of dried parsley leaves.
- 1 bunch of fresh organic parsley leaves
- 8 cups of filtered water
- 2 tbsp of raw, organic honey
- The juice of half a lemon, freshly squeezed
- Wash and chop the leaves, leaving them in large pieces.
- Boil water at medium heat.
- Once it boils, add leaves and lower heat.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain it into a large sauce pan with a lid and let it cool.
- Add lemon and honey to taste.
- Drink 1-2 cups a day.
- Store in glass containers in the fridge for up to a week.
If you’re currently taking prescription medication or suffer from kidney disease of other illnesses, talk to your doctor before taking parsley tea.
Parsley tea can induce menstruation and abortion, so pregnant women should abstain from drinking this tea.
- How To Use Fermented Rice Water For Long And Healthy Hair
How you style your hair can change the shape of your face. And for many women, hair is also a …
- Do These 3 Things To Lose Weight Without Hunger
Losing weight without hunger. Challenging, but doable. You can lose weight without even changing your caloric intake if you choose …
- Ginger Water For Rapid Weight Loss – The Healthiest Drink That Melts Fat!
As with many other spices and herbs, ginger is well-known around the world for its health benefits. Often used in …
- Drink This ONE Ingredient Juice in The Morning and Evening. Sleep 90 More Minutes a Night!
With an estimated one third of Americans over the age of 65 suffering from insomnia, researchers from Louisiana State University …
- These 5 Habits Are Harming Your Immune System And Ruining Your Health
From everyday airborne allergens to countertop bacteria, your immune system is a complex network that is constantly battling to keep …
- He Puts a Tea Bag Inside His Car For One GENIUS Reason Not Many People Know!
Do you love tea? If you’ve got tons of tea bags sitting in your kitchen cabinet then you’re in for a …
- 5 Toxins That Destroy Your Thyroid And a Simple Drink To Save It
Your thyroid secretes hormones that regulate the metabolism of every cell in the body (1). It plays an important role in: …
- 10 Warning Signs of Dehydration You Should Know About
Thirst may be annoying at times, but water dehydration should never go ignored. Many people are not aware how bad water dehydration …
- 5 DIY Natural Recipes to Help You Sleep Like a Baby
It is so annoying when you can’t seem to sleep properly at night. The reason could be multifaceted too – …
- Sorry, Pet Lovers, But It’s Time To Stop Sharing The Bed
It’s been long known and often clinically proven that having a pet is good for you, both mentally and physically. …
- 8 Sleeping Positions and Their Effects on Health
Getting enough sleep is most important – but did you know that how you sleep can also impact your health? …
- 8 Reasons Why You Feel Bloated All The Time (And How To Fix The Problem)
This post first appeared on Darou Wellness.Bloating is one of the most frequent complaints that I hear in my office, …
- Here’s Why The Amish RARELY Get Cancer
The Amish way of life isn’t typically considered to be trailblazing. But when it comes to health and longevity, studies …
- Everything You Need To Know About Delayed Drowning And What To Look Out For!
Swimming is one of the greatest pleasures of the warmer months. For children, a swimming pool can be the source …
- ‘Broken Promises of Genetically Modified Crops:’ Huge NY Times Investigation Exposes the Truth About GMOs, Monsanto’s Biggest Lies
Let’s face it, Monsanto has gotten away with crimes even the most hardened criminals would never even imagine doing. And …