Your kidneys are constantly filtering your blood, making sure that waste products exit your body from urine. When you live an unhealthy lifestyle, these toxins build up and make it harder for your kidneys to do their job. That’s why it’s so important to stay hydrated and detox your kidneys (as well as your liver) every once in awhile. This habit can help prevent kidney disease, kidney stones and toxic build-up within your body.
How Can Parsley Help Your Kidneys?
Parsley is full of vitamin k, vitamin A, vitamin c, folate and iron (1) which are important for kidney health (2).
Surprisingly, parsley (3) is also:
- Antihyperlipidemic (lowers blood fat)
- Antihepatotoxic (prevents liver toxicity)
- Antihypertensive (lowers blood pressure)
- Estrogenic (helps manage menstruation)
Traditional medicine recommends the use of parsley to help manage kidney stones (4).
Drinking parsley tea helps cleanse your kidneys by increasing urine production and flow, which may “push” out kidney stones (5). It’s also said to prevent the absorption of salt into kidney tissue, preventing the formation of kidney stones.
This tea can also be used for reducing anxiety and calming the nerves.
How To Make Parsley Tea To Cleanse Your Kidneys
Fresh herbs make for a more potent tea, but you can replace them with a handful of dried parsley leaves.
- 1 bunch of fresh organic parsley leaves
- 8 cups of filtered water
- 2 tbsp of raw, organic honey
- The juice of half a lemon, freshly squeezed
- Wash and chop the leaves, leaving them in large pieces.
- Boil water at medium heat.
- Once it boils, add leaves and lower heat.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain it into a large sauce pan with a lid and let it cool.
- Add lemon and honey to taste.
- Drink 1-2 cups a day.
- Store in glass containers in the fridge for up to a week.
If you’re currently taking prescription medication or suffer from kidney disease of other illnesses, talk to your doctor before taking parsley tea.
Parsley tea can induce menstruation and abortion, so pregnant women should abstain from drinking this tea.
- This Journalist Just Exposed a Big Flossing Scandal! Here’s What He Discovered…
Flossing isn’t exactly what you want to be doing right before going to bed, but many of us are advised …
- How to Make Your Own Natural Sunscreen Using Coconut Oil
Store bought sunscreens can have some harmful side effects and many people today are choosing to go a healthier, more …
- Her House Always Smells Wonderful and Fresh and People Can’t Understand Why. Here’s Her Secret
There’s nothing quite like coming home to a clean, pleasant smelling home after a long day at work. While there …
- The Scary Reason Europe Just Recalled This Whisky
A popular brand of alcohol in both the U.S. and overseas has recently been recalled for an unnerving reason… it’s content …
- Study Proves Microwave Radiation Directly Affects Your Heart – Why You Need To Ditch Your Microwave Oven
Have you ever wondered why some restaurants post warning signs for customers with pacemakers that the establishment uses a microwave …
- There’s a New Way To Grow Your Own Avocados And It Doesn’t Require Using Toothpicks!
Avocados are often described as the perfect food, packed full of nutrition and healthy fats. They are loaded with omega …
- “Like It’s Been Nuked”: Millions of Honey Bees Die Right After Aerial Spraying for Mosquitos
“If the bee disappeared off the face of the earth, man would only have four years left to live.” – …
- 10 Dead Simple Natural Pesticide Recipes. You Won’t Believe How Easy It Is To Make These!
Ever wonder what farmers did hundreds of years ago to fight off crop pests? Long before the invention of harmful …
- Drink This ONE Ingredient Juice in The Morning and Evening. Sleep 90 More Minutes a Night!
With an estimated one third of Americans over the age of 65 suffering from insomnia, researchers from Louisiana State University …
- Crazy Things That People Do in Their Sleep and How to Help
Many people may mumble in their sleep or toss and turn. Some have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. There …
- Add These Three Ingredients To Your Shampoo And Say Goodbye To Hair Loss Forever
We usual associate hair loss with men, but it can actually be a really big problem for women. In fact, …
- No, They’re NOT Really Baby Carrots – Here’s What You Need To Know
Baby carrots don’t grow in nature. They’re actually a man-made product and were first introduced into the market in 1986 as a …
- Woman Overcomes Asthma and Allergies with Raw Food Diet
When Jenni, who worked in a factory in her late teens, was convinced that she was having a heart attack, …
- New Study Confirms Not so Surprising Fact About Weight Loss
I imagine this one will be all over the news today, and superficially I can certainly see why – a …
- This Hospital Prescribes Organic Fruit & Vegetables to Patients and The Results are Remarkable
What do you expect when you go to the doctor’s office and the doctor flips out his prescription pad? More …