2. “Cocohoney” Cough Syrup
Coconut oil and honey can be combined with lemon juice to produce a cough syrup. Given that they are all natural-based ingredients, this mixture can be taken as prevention for cough and to also boost your immune system.
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- Mix lemon juice and the honey.
- Put the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Once the coconut oil is liquid, add in the lemon and honey mix. (leave it just a few seconds)
- Remove syrup from sauce pan and pour into a glass container.
To use, simply add 1-2 teaspoon of this syrup to hot water or tea.
In addition to this syrup being used to treating cough, it can also be used in soothing and healing illnesses of the respiratory tract.
3. Berry Smoothie
When combined with berries and avocado, honey and coconut oil produce a highly nutritious and filling food.
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup pure coconut water
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- Take all the ingredients except the berry and blend them.
- Add the berries and blend until they are smooth.