Nobody likes to be deceived. Especially not when it comes to their health.
Unfortunately, the reality is that millions of people are unknowingly being mislead every day.
This happens especially with the foods we eat.
The worst part in all of this is that these fake foods actually offer no benefit to your health and can actually be harmful.
In fact, the added liquid-fructose in fake honey actually promotes inflammation!
If you want to avoid fake honey, then keep on reading. Here’s a list of 5 simple tests and experiments that you can do at home to see if the honey you buy is real or not:
Test 1: Using water
- Pour water into a glass.
- Spoon out a tablespoon of honey from the honey jar, you want to test.
- Place the spoon in the glass of water.
- Gently shake the glass.
Result: If the honey starts to dissolve and mix with the water, it’s not pure and some amount of water has been added to it. But if the honey forms a small lump and sinks to the bottom of the glass, it is pure in quality.
Test 2: Using methylated spirit/denatured alcohol
- Mix equal parts of honey and equal parts of spirit in a glass.
Result: If the honey forms a lump and sinks, it is pure. But if it is adulterated, it will dissolve in the spirit and turn it milky white.
Test 3: Using fire
- You will need a candle with a cotton wick.
- Dip the wick into a small amount of honey.
- Allow the excess honey to drip off.
- Now light a match and hold it to the wick.
Result: If the candle wick burns, the honey is pure. But if it fails to burn, water has been added to the honey.
Test 4: Using paper
- Use a blotting paper or a white cloth.
- Drop a few drops of honey on the paper/cloth.
Result: If the honey is pure, it will remain solid on paper. Impure honey will be absorbed by the paper. With the cloth, try washing off the honey. If it does not stain, it is pure.
Test 5: Testing the swirl of honey
- Dip a honey dipper or spoon into some honey.
- Hold the dipper above a plate and pour the honey.
- Watch how the honey falls.
Result: As it falls, pure honey will flow from the spoon in a clockwise direction. It will do so very slowly. You flick the spoon upwards and the flow will slowly stop. A layered step formation of honey is formed on the plate. If adulterated, the honey will flow rapidly and smoothly and will pool on the plate.
Bonus Tip: Crystallization
Real honey will crystallize after some time, while fake honey will keep its liquid, syrup-like composition. You can learn more about this here.
So there you have it, these are the fastest and easiest ways for you to avoid fake honey. And always make sure to check your labels when you buy your honey!
- Tommy Chong of ‘Cheech & Chong’ Fame: “I’m Cancer-Free” Thanks to Hemp Oil and The Right Diet
Cancer is metaphorically our generation’s new “four letter word.” No one wants to even discuss it, let alone be told …
- Dryer Sheets Cause Hormone Imbalance, Neurotoxicity, Respiratory Problems, and Even Cancer
You use them weekly to get your clothes soft and smelling fresh, but did you know that the dryer sheets …
- 13 Easy Yoga Poses To FLUSH Stress Hormones From Your Body
Stress can quickly creep into your life and can often be hard to shake. Practicing various yoga poses have shown …
- 6 Ways to Increase Testosterone With Exercise
Tip #1: High Intensity Sprinting You generally want to avoid too much running—but short, sustained sprint efforts are effective ways …
- What You Need to Know Before You Reuse That Plastic Water Bottle
In an effort to be responsible and thrifty, you may reuse a plastic water bottle over and over gain. Why …
- Best Supplements for Omega-3s in Your Diet
Your doctor may have already told you that incorporating omega-3 fatty acids into your diet is important. Those miraculous omega-3s …
- GlaxoSmithKline Forced To Stop Paying Doctors To Promote Drugs After Major Bribery Investigation
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) said this week it will respond to pressure to stop paying doctors to promote its products through speaking …
- Molecular Biologist Explains How THC Kills Cancer Completely
From Compultense University in Madrid, Spain, Dr. Christina Sanchez has been studying the anti-tumor effects of THC, the main psychoactive …
- 6 Ways You’re Causing Your Own Memory Loss
Memory loss is a common side effect of aging. Most of us know that we’re supposed to stay mentally active, …
- If You See this Red Mark on Yourself or a Family Member, Seek Medical Attention Immediately!
Being outdoors is wonderful, but it has its risks. Rashes and bug bites are almost a guarantee when you spend …
- 7 Cancer-Causing Products Hiding In Your Home
If you take the time to monitor what you eat and how much you exercise, it’s really important for you …
- Cheap Meals From Big Pharma Make Doctors Prescribe Expensive Drugs, Study Shows
There’s no such thing as a free lunch. It was true when the phrase was coined a hundred years ago …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- 64 Year Old Man Was Sentenced to 30 Days in Jail for Collecting Rainwater on His Own Property.
Many people–especially those living in suburban and rural areas–try to live more sustainable lives, relying less on others to provide …
- 5 Easy Superfood Recipes That Will Make You Feel Like a Champion
What makes a food a “superfood”? Many scientists are critical of the term, saying it’s applied too often to foods …