Nobody likes to be deceived. Especially not when it comes to their health.
Unfortunately, the reality is that millions of people are unknowingly being mislead every day.
This happens especially with the foods we eat.
The worst part in all of this is that these fake foods actually offer no benefit to your health and can actually be harmful.
In fact, the added liquid-fructose in fake honey actually promotes inflammation!
If you want to avoid fake honey, then keep on reading. Here’s a list of 5 simple tests and experiments that you can do at home to see if the honey you buy is real or not:
Test 1: Using water
- Pour water into a glass.
- Spoon out a tablespoon of honey from the honey jar, you want to test.
- Place the spoon in the glass of water.
- Gently shake the glass.
Result: If the honey starts to dissolve and mix with the water, it’s not pure and some amount of water has been added to it. But if the honey forms a small lump and sinks to the bottom of the glass, it is pure in quality.
Test 2: Using methylated spirit/denatured alcohol
- Mix equal parts of honey and equal parts of spirit in a glass.
Result: If the honey forms a lump and sinks, it is pure. But if it is adulterated, it will dissolve in the spirit and turn it milky white.
Test 3: Using fire
- You will need a candle with a cotton wick.
- Dip the wick into a small amount of honey.
- Allow the excess honey to drip off.
- Now light a match and hold it to the wick.
Result: If the candle wick burns, the honey is pure. But if it fails to burn, water has been added to the honey.
Test 4: Using paper
- Use a blotting paper or a white cloth.
- Drop a few drops of honey on the paper/cloth.
Result: If the honey is pure, it will remain solid on paper. Impure honey will be absorbed by the paper. With the cloth, try washing off the honey. If it does not stain, it is pure.
Test 5: Testing the swirl of honey
- Dip a honey dipper or spoon into some honey.
- Hold the dipper above a plate and pour the honey.
- Watch how the honey falls.
Result: As it falls, pure honey will flow from the spoon in a clockwise direction. It will do so very slowly. You flick the spoon upwards and the flow will slowly stop. A layered step formation of honey is formed on the plate. If adulterated, the honey will flow rapidly and smoothly and will pool on the plate.
Bonus Tip: Crystallization
Real honey will crystallize after some time, while fake honey will keep its liquid, syrup-like composition. You can learn more about this here.
So there you have it, these are the fastest and easiest ways for you to avoid fake honey. And always make sure to check your labels when you buy your honey!
- How To Grow Pineberries At Home (They Look Like Strawberries, But Taste Like Pineapples!)
Pineberries don’t come from pine trees, they’re actually pineapple flavored strawberries! Other than their unique flavor, these little fruits have …
- Endocrine Disruptors Make You Fat, Sick And Tired…This Is How You Avoid Them!
When food comes into contact with certain plastics, these chemicals can leech into your meal and end up in your …
- 7 Herbs That Help Reduce Stress Naturally
There’s nothing good about stress – multiple studies show that stress is associated with weight gain, cardiovascular issues, and countless …
- Specialized Eyeglasses Make Cancer Glow Blue for Surgeons
A new prototype eyewear makes cancerous cells illuminate blue while looking through the lenses. The yet-unnamed device was developed by a …
- Do You Easily Get Annoyed By The Sound of Chewing? Apparently THIS Is The Reason Why!
Some people need to be in a quiet space to focus properly while others need absolute dead silence. If you …
- How To Use Cloves To Instantly Get Rid of Toothache And Relieve Pain Naturally
A toothache can indicate a more serious issue, but at least you can soothe the pain. The following home remedy …
- Stop Using Store-Bought Antiperspirants! They Make You SMELL Worse in The Long-Run?!
Sometimes, in attempting to “cure” a problem, the methods you use can result in a worsening of the problem you’re …
- New Studies Show Taking Tylenol Decreases Your Empathy For Others
We always hear about the never-ending list of adverse side effects from prescribed medications—everything from common and mild issues to …
- Former American Cancer Society Regional CEO Refuses To Drink Milk, Explains Why
“Got Milk?” While this was the U.S. dairy industry’s slogan for over two decades, former CEO of the Oregon division …
- 8 Subtle Signs of Heart Disease That Are Often Missed
Heart disease isn’t always as obvious as we would like to think, and even doctors can miss out on some …
- The Scoop on Your Poop
It’s a topic that most of us are afraid to ask questions about – what does your poop mean about …
- You’ll Never Go to Bed Without Putting Lemon Peel on Your Heel Again After Reading This!
One of the many joys of summer is wearing sandals and feeling the warm sun on your toes…especially if you …
- 5 Dangers Associated With Drinking Alcohol You Don’t Know About But Should!
Sipping on a cocktail is an easy way to melt away the stresses of your day, but it comes with a hefty …
- The Shrimp You Eat May Not be What You Think It Is
We can spend hours in the grocery store reading labels. We want to make the best choices for our families. …
- 10 Most Overlooked Causes of Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a rheumatic condition that causes widespread aching, stiffness and burning pain that spreads to other local areas of …