Pizza is delicious. But it’s not something that you can enjoy every day without any repercussions. There are two main problems with pizza:
- It’s heavily loaded with carbs.
- Not enough veggies per portion.
And unless you lead a very active lifestyle, all those carbs will just end up being stored as fat. Fortunately, the world is filled with creative people who love to cook! Here’s a list of 11 creative ways to turn your flour-based crust into something lighter and healthier. Hopefully, you’ll find at least one recipe that will please your taste buds. Bon Appétit!
1. The Saffron Girl: Carrot Pizza Crust
2. Kalyn’s Kitchen: Zucchini Crust Pizza
3. LAQFitness: Pizza-Stuffed Peppers
4. Coach Breanne: Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust
5. Sweet As Honey: Spinach Pizza Crust
6. Pieces in Progress: Portabella Mushroom Pizzas
7. Delighted Momma: Flaxseed Crust
8. Oh Sweet Basil: Egg White Pizza Crust
9. The Londoner: Cauliflower Crust
10. A Million Miles: Broccoli Pizza Crust
11. Drizzle and Dip: Eggplant Pizza
Which of these delicious recipes made your stomach growl?