A pinched nerve in the lower back can lead to sciatica pain. And for those who experience it every day, the pain can be quite unpleasant. While yoga and chiropractor visits can help alleviate the pain, there’s another way to deal with this condition.
Reversing Sciatica Pain With Turmeric
Turmeric achieves this by reducing your levels of inflammation causing enzymes. (1)
In fact, turmeric has been the go-to solution in Ayurveda for centuries when it comes to treating arthritis (3). A study done by Malaysian scientists confirmed that turmeric extract could help ease nerve-related pain. (4)
Turmeric Safer And More Effective Than NSAIDs
One of the many unique properties of turmeric in fighting inflammation is that it can selectively block “COX-2” (an enzyme responsible for inflammation) without affecting “COX-1”, which plays a key role in maintaining your stomach lining. (5)
See also: sciatica stretches
On the other hand, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that include aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen cannot do this and inhibit both COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes to stop inflammation.
And because these drugs disrupt COX-1 they can lead to stomach problems in the long-term.
Drug companies have been spending millions of dollars trying to come up with a drug that could selectively inhibit COX-2 without affecting COX-1 (6). So far, they haven’t had much success.
But then again, why take drugs that most likely come with side effects when you can just eat turmeric. Plus, turmeric offers a wide range of health benefits!
- 1-Minute Stretching Routine To Reduce Sciatica And Lower Back Pain
If you have back pain or sciatic nerve pain, avoid taking drugs which are typically prescribed as a first line …
- Easy And Effective Yoga Stretches For Sciatic Nerve Pain Relief
If you’ve ever had numbness, pain and weakness starting in your lower back and traveling down the sciatic nerve in …
- 6 Sciatica Stretches That Will Loosen Up All The Right Muscles For Hip And Lower Back Pain Relief
Lower back pain is a very common complaint; thirty-one million Americans suffer from it. According to the Global Burden of …
- How To Use Tennis Ball To Relieve Your Sciatic Nerve Pain And Back Pain (VIDEO)
You may be suffering from sciatic pain, if your lower back pain radiates from the lumbar region through the back …
- Rub Pain-RELIEVING Essential Oil Blends Directly On Your Sciatic Nerve For Immediate Pain Relief
There’s nothing worse than feeling a pain that just doesn’t seem to go away, especially when it begins to limit …
- 8 Remedies For Sciatica Pain You NEED to Try Before Putting Another Painkiller in Your Mouth
The sciatic nerve is the longest in the body, running from each side of the lower spine through the buttock, …
- The Best Exercises To Relieve And Heal Sciatica Nerve Pain
“Oh, my aching back!” If you find yourself saying that on a regular basis, you may be suffering from sciatica, …
- 5 Ways to Deal With Sciatica Pain That Doesn’t Involve Surgery
Sciatica is a painful condition which affects many people. The condition is highlighted by pain and numbness which radiates down …
- The Hidden Muscle Causing Your Sciatica Pain And 2 Easy Stretches For INSTANT Relief
Many people suffer from sciatica, a painful lower back condition caused by a pinched nerve. Sciatica can cause severe mobility …