This face mask is made simply, with just three ingredients, and can help brighten up the complexion, as well as fight inflammation caused by acne and other skin conditions. Made with turmeric and raw honey, it’s great for cleaning pores and also reducing redness and irritation.
Turmeric is a spice commonly used in South Asian cooking, so if you’re having a hard time finding it, check your local Indian or Pakistani market for a bulk selection of it, rather than the overpriced small containers that they have at most Western grocery stores.
Turmeric Honey Face Mask Recipe
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon raw organic honey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon organic milk
Heat the raw honey over low heat until it takes on a more liquid form. Using a glass bowl, mix the turmeric and honey, then add the milk, combining the three ingredients into a thick paste. The paste should be pliable, but thick enough that it won’t drip off your face while you’re wearing the mask!
Remember that turmeric is often used as a dye, and will stain any fabric it touches, so be sure to wear an apron while you’re making this mixture.
The ideal way to apply this mask is using a foundation brush, but if you don’t have one, you can use a spoon or even your fingers to facilitate the application.
Spread the paste evenly across your cheeks, nose, chin and forehead. You should have enough to spread a thin layer over your entire face. Be careful to avoid getting it in your eyes – if you do, rinse your eyes thoroughly with water.
Let the mask sit for about thirty minutes. Once it has started to dry at the edges, the mask is ready to be removed. You can remove it easily by rinsing your face with warm water, rubbing your face in a circular motion with your fingertips.
How It Works
Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agent(1) that is used in traditional medicine throughout the world. Honey is also a natural anti-bacterial agent(2), which helps fight acne at the source. Organic milk contains lactic acid, which is a natural exfoliant(3).
The combination of these three ingredients means that this face mask cleanses, exfoliates and moisturizes all at the same time.
Turmeric face masks are used widely throughout South Asia; in India and Pakistan, for example, they’re often used as a pre-wedding facial treatment for the bride!
If you have any of the face mask left over after your treatment, don’t throw it out – it can be saved in the fridge and used another day.
- How To Supercharge Apple Cider Vinegar With Turmeric, Ginger, Lemon And Garlic
Getting the cold or the flu can really take a toll on your health. Worse yet, infection quickly spreads throughout …
- Candida Overgrowth – 12 Things to Avoid If You Have It
Many women suffer from recurrent yeast infections. Candida albicans is a naturally-occurring microorganism (technically, a fungus) that lives in the …
- Top 10 Signs You May Have a Thyroid Problem And What You Can Do About It
The thyroid is a small gland located in the center of the neck. Most people don’t think that much about …
- How To Make Your Own Plastic-Free and Zero-Waste Mascara
Many ladies like to enhance their facial features by applying make-up—cosmetics sales are a global $500 billion a year industry. …
- Are You Feeling Nervous Or Depressed? This Ancient Technique Will Help You Relax In No Time!
Eastern healing methods have really gained traction in the western world recently, despite having been introduced over half a century …
- 7 Facts You Need To Know About Toxins
One of the current crazes in healthy living is the detox, or a systematic cleansing of the body to rid …
- 7 Easy Ways to Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally
Are you part of the nearly 20% of the U.S. population who suffers from dandruff? While having dandruff certainly is …
- 5 Natural Herbs That Support Healthy Thyroid Function
The thyroid gland is an often overlooked but extremely vital part of the human body, responsible for a number of …
- 17 Provocative Drawings Made by People Living with Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia is a terrible brain disorder to live with. Symptoms can include everything from hearing voices, to abnormal social behaviors, and losing …
- Scientists Identify 28,000 Medicinal Plants that Treat Ailments from Cancer to Diabetes
A new study released by the Kew Royal Botanic Gardens in London, England consolidates information from countries all over the …
- Use This Inexpensive DIY Hack To Keep Your Feet Warm Throughout The Winter
The cold always finds a way to your feet. Colds, cystitis, kidney problems are just few of the many problems you may face …
- What’s Your Headache Telling You?
Everyone gets headaches, right? Actually, 90% of the population has had a headache at some time. There are five different …
- 5 Popular Foods That Scrub Away Bad Bacteria To Give You Fresh Breath
Nobody likes to be told they have bad breath. If you’ve got a hot date coming up, you probably already …
- The Surprising Reason Why Your Knees Hurt More During Winter. (It’s Not Because of The Cold)
If you are experiencing knee pain at this time of year, the solution may be more sunshine, according to new …
- How to Make Your Own Air Freshener That Doesn’t Cause Cancer or Disrupt Your Hormones
There is nothing like the smell of fresh, clean spring air after a long, cold winter. Spring makes you want …