This face mask is made simply, with just three ingredients, and can help brighten up the complexion, as well as fight inflammation caused by acne and other skin conditions. Made with turmeric and raw honey, it’s great for cleaning pores and also reducing redness and irritation.
Turmeric is a spice commonly used in South Asian cooking, so if you’re having a hard time finding it, check your local Indian or Pakistani market for a bulk selection of it, rather than the overpriced small containers that they have at most Western grocery stores.
Turmeric Honey Face Mask Recipe
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon raw organic honey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon organic milk
Heat the raw honey over low heat until it takes on a more liquid form. Using a glass bowl, mix the turmeric and honey, then add the milk, combining the three ingredients into a thick paste. The paste should be pliable, but thick enough that it won’t drip off your face while you’re wearing the mask!
Remember that turmeric is often used as a dye, and will stain any fabric it touches, so be sure to wear an apron while you’re making this mixture.
The ideal way to apply this mask is using a foundation brush, but if you don’t have one, you can use a spoon or even your fingers to facilitate the application.
Spread the paste evenly across your cheeks, nose, chin and forehead. You should have enough to spread a thin layer over your entire face. Be careful to avoid getting it in your eyes – if you do, rinse your eyes thoroughly with water.
Let the mask sit for about thirty minutes. Once it has started to dry at the edges, the mask is ready to be removed. You can remove it easily by rinsing your face with warm water, rubbing your face in a circular motion with your fingertips.
How It Works
Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agent(1) that is used in traditional medicine throughout the world. Honey is also a natural anti-bacterial agent(2), which helps fight acne at the source. Organic milk contains lactic acid, which is a natural exfoliant(3).
The combination of these three ingredients means that this face mask cleanses, exfoliates and moisturizes all at the same time.
Turmeric face masks are used widely throughout South Asia; in India and Pakistan, for example, they’re often used as a pre-wedding facial treatment for the bride!
If you have any of the face mask left over after your treatment, don’t throw it out – it can be saved in the fridge and used another day.
- 5 Foods To Protect Your Skin From UV Radiation
The food you eat can make a dramatic impact on how your skin looks. Certain foods, in particular, can promote …
- How to Naturally Cure an Eye Infection In 24 Hours With Salt Water
Pinkeye isn’t the only common eye infection around: styes and chalazions also take the cake. And if you’ve ever had …
- 4 Weird Ways To Protect Against Parkinson’s Disease
Perhaps the most famous person living with Parkinson’s disease is the actor Michael J. Fox. Since his diagnosis in 1991, …
- The Healthiest Ice Cream You’ll Ever Have – Turmeric And Coconut
Ice cream is one of the most popular desserts enjoyed in the United States. In the last few years, food …
- 6 Natural Strategies To Help Heal Gum Disease Within a Week or Less
Gingivitis is the mildest form of periodontal disease. Untreated gingivitis can advance to periodontitis, to which there are many degrees. …
- The Worst 5 Phones To Carry On You If You Want To Avoid Cancer
Cell phones do a great job at connecting people. The problem is, they may be slowly poisoning us with every call …
- Popular Prescription Medications May Contribute to Falls, Injuries in Elderly Patients
Too often we hear of elderly people falling and breaking a hip or becoming very bruised, limiting mobility and having …
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You’re Having Trouble Remembering Things
Everyone has moments of forgetfulness – you misplace your keys, or forget where you put your phone – but these …
- 10 Unusual Ways To Boost Brain Power
Your brain is the control centre of your body. In order to keep your mind strong, you need to stretch …
- When He Got Diagnosed With Stage 4 Cancer, His Son Suggested That He Try THIS and It Worked!
Could you use something as simple as baking powder or baking soda to treat cancer? One man, Vernon Johnston, used …
- Put Peppermint In Your Home And Say Goodbye To Spiders, Mice, And Other Unwanted Pests
If you live in the north, winter may actually be a welcomed break from the pesky rodents and insects that …
- Annie’s Sells Out to GMO Giant General Mills. Here’s What You’re Not Being Told.
Health- and environmentally-conscious consumers look specifically for natural and organic foods at the grocery store. When we find something we …
- Carrot Juice Cures Stage 4 Cancer
Drug free cancer cures are gaining more and more publicity, as research continues to conclude that conventional therapies often do …
- 4 Things You Absolutely Need to Know About E-Cigarettes. Don’t Buy Any Until You’ve Read This!
As part of a plan to regulate electronic (“e-”) cigarettes, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced a new …
- Kid Scientist Accidentally Discovers Sweet Pest Control
Not that anyone will cry over the loss of some fruit flies but one boy’s science experiment resulted in just …