Smoothies are the perfect meal supplement for people looking to lose weight while still getting essential nutrients in their diet.
Easy and quick to make, they’re refreshing and energizing, and can be custom made to include all kinds of health-promoting ingredients.
If you’ve ever wanted to create the perfect anti-inflammatory smoothie that’s also packed with antioxidants, this recipe is the one you want.
The sweet flavor of the fruits is the perfect balance to the slightly bitter flavor of turmeric, and the smooth consistency of the smoothie will leave you craving more.
The Turmeric Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple or mango chunks
- 1 fresh banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon maca (optional)
This recipe is easy to make – simply toss the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve chilled for the best flavor.
This smoothie makes an excellent treat for breakfast or brunch, with ginger to kick-start your digestive system and turmeric to help fight inflammation, cancer, and other health problems at the same time.
It’s also full of vitamin C and antioxidants to slow the aging process and promote overall health.
How It Works
“Turmeric is a plant that has a very long history of medicinal use, dating back nearly 4,000 years. In Southeast Asia, turmeric is used not only as a principal spice but also as a component in religious ceremonies… Modern medicine has begun to recognize its importance, as indicated by the over 3,000 publications dealing with turmeric that came out within the last 25 years.”(3)
The safety and efficacy of turmeric have been well-documented; it’s safe to consume even in large doses, so don’t worry about adding too much to your smoothie (the worst effect you’ll encounter if you add too much is a waxy feeling in your mouth).
Ginger is one of the safest medicinal herbs out there, as evidenced by its use during pregnancy; it also promotes good digestion(6) and provides this smoothie with a much-needed “zing”.
Fresh fruits such as bananas, mango, and pineapple are loaded not only with important vitamins and minerals but with antioxidants, important nutrients which help fight age-related diseases(7). Antioxidants fight free radicals, reducing your risk of certain cancers and slowing the aging process. A diet rich in antioxidants is the first step towards a healthier overall lifestyle, and this smoothie is packed with them.
- 4 Misleading Food Labels and What They Actually Mean
Over the last few decades, researchers have immersed themselves in studying the impact of food labels. Food scientists, psychologist, and …
- How to Make Healthy Marshmallows For Your Next Bonfire
Marshmallows are the thing of childhood summers. Whether they’re roasted over an open fire or smooshed into a smore, marshmallows …
- The Most Healthy Yogurt In Existence?
Greek yogurt is one of the latest health food crazes – but is it really better for you than any …
- Top 10 Worst Fake Foods You Should Stop Eating
Begin Slideshow The best of the worst—sounds like an oxymoron. Some of the foods sold in North America aren’t really food. They …
- 5 Nuts and Seeds That Fill You Up With Healthy Fats And Protein (They’re Perfect For Snacking!)
If you’re feeling hungry in the middle of the day but don’t want to commit to a full meal, nuts …
- 7 Food Combinations That Work Better Together Than Apart
Some food combinations just seem to go great together naturally – like orange juice and oatmeal with fruit in the …
- 6 Cooking Hacks That Make It Easier For Your Body To Absorb Nutrients
We all know about the little steps we take in food preparation that make our food tastier, but less healthy …
- If Animals Won’t Eat Genetically Modified Corn, Why Do We?
Okay, let’s be real – most of us don’t think about what’s actually on our dinner plates. We may check …
- 6 Warning Signs You’re Not Getting Enough Zinc And The Best Foods To Eat To Get More of It
The human body contains about 2-3 g (2,000-3,000 milligrams) of zinc. Much of it is found in your adrenals, brain …
- They Thought She Was Crazy. Eating Well on 4$ a Day?! But When She Made This… Simply Amazing!
Eating a nutritious meal often proves to be a huge undertaking for millions of Americans, especially those with an average …
- 5 Fat-Busting Smoothies That Keep Cravings at Bay!
Did you know that many of the vitamins and nutrient in your food die off during the cooking process? Water …
- 5 Diet Mistakes That Make You Age Faster
Aging is of course inevitable, but it turns out that we may have more control over how gracefully we age …
- Researchers Find That High-Fat Diets Postpone Aging When It Comes To This Important Organ
New Danish-led research suggests that signs of brain aging can be postponed through high-fat diets. In the long term, this …
- This Insanely Delicious Cauliflower Recipe Mixes 7 Powerful Spices To Supercharge Your Body
Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone else in the gender spectrum, I present to you: The Queen Of Cauliflower. Make it for …
- Remarkable Study: Bitter Fruit Effective at Killing Pancreatic Cancer Cells
Bitter gourd, also known as karela or bitter melon, is a fruit found all over Asia with some proven, astounding health benefits. …