Smoothies are the perfect meal supplement for people looking to lose weight while still getting essential nutrients in their diet.
Easy and quick to make, they’re refreshing and energizing, and can be custom made to include all kinds of health-promoting ingredients.
If you’ve ever wanted to create the perfect anti-inflammatory smoothie that’s also packed with antioxidants, this recipe is the one you want.
The sweet flavor of the fruits is the perfect balance to the slightly bitter flavor of turmeric, and the smooth consistency of the smoothie will leave you craving more.
The Turmeric Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple or mango chunks
- 1 fresh banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon maca (optional)
This recipe is easy to make – simply toss the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve chilled for the best flavor.
This smoothie makes an excellent treat for breakfast or brunch, with ginger to kick-start your digestive system and turmeric to help fight inflammation, cancer, and other health problems at the same time.
It’s also full of vitamin C and antioxidants to slow the aging process and promote overall health.
How It Works
“Turmeric is a plant that has a very long history of medicinal use, dating back nearly 4,000 years. In Southeast Asia, turmeric is used not only as a principal spice but also as a component in religious ceremonies… Modern medicine has begun to recognize its importance, as indicated by the over 3,000 publications dealing with turmeric that came out within the last 25 years.”(3)
The safety and efficacy of turmeric have been well-documented; it’s safe to consume even in large doses, so don’t worry about adding too much to your smoothie (the worst effect you’ll encounter if you add too much is a waxy feeling in your mouth).
Ginger is one of the safest medicinal herbs out there, as evidenced by its use during pregnancy; it also promotes good digestion(6) and provides this smoothie with a much-needed “zing”.
Fresh fruits such as bananas, mango, and pineapple are loaded not only with important vitamins and minerals but with antioxidants, important nutrients which help fight age-related diseases(7). Antioxidants fight free radicals, reducing your risk of certain cancers and slowing the aging process. A diet rich in antioxidants is the first step towards a healthier overall lifestyle, and this smoothie is packed with them.
- Massive 10-Year Study Has Linked Diet Soda To Heart Attacks And Stroke
Just because a product says “healthy”, “natural”, or “sugar-free” doesn’t mean it’s good for you. Same goes for the word …
- How To Do a 3-Day Sugar Detox to ACCELERATE Fat Loss And Improve Your Mood!
Everybody gets a sweet tooth every once in a while, but it’s easy for these cravings to develop into full-blown …
- The World’s #1 Food For Heart Attack, Hypertension, Stroke And Cholesterol
Dates aren’t the most attractive fruit, but they certainly are sweet and nutritious. Studies show that this amazing fruit has …
- Top 6 Health Benefits of Magnesium
You probably already know a lot about the other vitamins and minerals that are crucial to your overall optimal health, …
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- Top 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods You Can Eat Every Day
The links between chronic inflammation and increased risk of diseases like cancer are well documented – as one study puts …
- 30 Simple and Effective Whole Food Substitutes to Improve Your Total Wellness Right Away
If you haven’t caught up by now, the Standard American Diet – appropriately nicknamed SAD – is horrible. It’s literally …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- This Drink Will Burn Stomach Fat 4X Faster, Prevent Cancer, Improve Energy And Remove Toxins
Most tea can be found either in tea bag or loose leaf form. Occasionally, it can also be fermented and …
- Do Not Use Apple Cider Vinegar If You’re On Any Of These Medications
Nothing exists in a vacuum. Our bodies are complex organisms that are constantly moving, with chemicals acting and interacting. Sometimes …
- 7 Day Alkaline Diet Plan to Fight Inflammation and Disease
Although the alkaline diet may seem like the latest celebrity craze, you shouldn’t dismiss it so quickly. Forget how you …
- Top 10 Plant-Based Protein Foods You Should Be Eating
Proteins (comprised of a variety of twenty amino acids) provide cell structure and serve as neurotransmitters between cells. There’s protein …
- How Taking Turmeric Helps Your Body Block Fat and Your Liver Remove Toxins as Fast as Possible
Turmeric, “the golden spice”, is a staple in India and surrounding regions. As of late, it’s becoming increasingly popular in …
- The First U.S. School District to Begin Serving Only Organic, GMO-Free Meals
Hail to the trailblazers! No one would argue the importance of nutrition, especially for children. As their bodies develop, they …
- Soak Chia Seeds To Supercharge Your Metabolism, Burn Fat And Fight Inflammation
You may have heard about chia pets, the adorable children’s toy made from sprouted seeds. These beloved toys are actually …