You were right to avoid artificial sweeteners.
As reported by UPI, a new study links sucralose, sold as Splenda, to significantly increased risk for leukemia, as well as overall risk for cancer.
The study published in the International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health showed that mice who were given large amounts of sucralose throughout their lives, developed leukemia and cancerous tumors.
As a result of these findings, the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CPI) is now recommending that you avoid the sweetener.
What makes the study so important is that it was funded without special interests in mind. “For most food additives, the safety studies are conducted by the manufacturers who have financial incentives,” says Lisa Lefferts, MSPH, senior scientist at the CSPI. (1)
How Much Splenda Is Too Much?
The doses of sucralose used in the study were roughly equal to 10 cans of diet soda per day. While nobody really drinks that much, splenda is found in over 4,500 foods and beverages. It’s not hard to see how eating a lot of processed foods could increase your risks.
And don’t go thinking that eating just a little bit of it every day is fine.
“[E]ven if you consume less, that doesn’t mean there’s no problem,” Lefferts says. “When something causes cancer at high doses, it generally causes cancer at lower doses, the risk is just smaller.”
It’s Better To Quit Artificial Sweeteners
Even if you disregard this new study, there are still plenty of other reasons to quit using sucralose or aspartame.
- Artificial sweeteners may actually cause weight gain, not weight loss. (2)
- Diet soda linked to increased belly fat. (3)
- Every can of diet soda you consume increases your obesity risk. (4)
- Sucralose disrupts your blood sugar and insulin levels. (5)
Foods To Use As Sweetener Instead
- raw honey
- fruits (dates, bananas, apples, etc.)
- sweet vegetables (carrots, beets, caramelized onions, etc.)
- maple syrup
- 5 Pharmaceutical Drugs that Immediately Destroy Your Health
Pharmaceutical drugs have their place in human health but really only in certain circumstances. We have become a society of …
- Look 10 Years Younger By Using Coconut Oil In These 5 Different Ways
There are gazillions of personal care products you can buy in a store. Aisles and aisles are dedicated to moisturizers, …
- Homemade Makeup Remover Recipes – Toxins FREE
Looking for homemade makeup remover? “Why bother making your own make up remover creams and oils?” Simply put many of the …
- Just Eight Weeks of Eating Paleo Can Dramatically Cut Blockages in Your Arteries!
Ever considered going Paleo? Well, a recent University of Houston study demonstrated that it would be worth taking the leap …
- Horrific Birth Defects in Washington State Has Experts Baffled
There is something seriously wrong in the fertile Yakima Valley region of Washington. A surging number of babies are being …
- They Never Get Sick, Don’t Know About Cancer and Live up to 100 years, This is Their Secret!
The Hunza Valley is a pristine mountainous region in northernmost Pakistan. It is rumored to have been the inspiration for …
- The Essential Oil Trick That Can Clean The Air In Your Home Better Than Any Diffuser
When it comes to all natural living, essential oils and essential oil diffusers are tools you simply can’t ignore. Made …
- Chemical in Plastic is 100X More Toxic Than Initially Suspected?! (Here’s 7 Natural Ways to Detox)
The chemical bisphenol A – or BPA for short – is used in tens of thousands of consumer products, but …
- Coca-Cola Paid $1,000,000 to Make Sure You Don’t Know This
Coca-Cola’s sales have been steadily declining in recent years due to the public’s increased awareness of its most popular drink’s …
- How To Grow Organic Wheatgrass At Home (The Most Alkalizing Food You Should Be Eating Every Day!)
Wheatgrass is the latest trend in healthy eating that has people scratching their heads. Wheatgrass isn’t the same kind of …
- Unlock Your Healing Powers With Qi Gong
Although we still don’t have all the answers, plenty of scientific studies conducted in China and America have established a …
- Acidic Diet Increases Risk of Diabetes, Study Says
A diet high in acidic foods — meat, fish, and sodas, for instance — may put some women at greater …
- 5 Surprising Health Benefits of Daydreaming
We spend an approximate 1/3 to 1/2 of our lives in daydreams, that’s why we’re awesome! Teachers, bosses, parents and …
- How to Spot Fake Olive Oil From a Mile Away!
We’ve known for years the benefits of the Mediterranean diet: cardiovascular health and regulation of blood sugar and cholesterol. A …
- Why a Himalayan Salt Block Is One Of The Greatest Things You Could Own
If you’re into natural health, then you’ve probably swapped out your deadly table salt for healing Himalayan salt. Since you’re …