There’s nothing like a few mosquito bites to ruin your day outside.
Not only are bites itchy and annoying, they can also transmit diseases like West Nile Virus, the Zika virus, and malaria. Other pests, like ticks, can cause Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever (1).
This chemical is known to cause motor deficits and learning and memory dysfunction when applied to the skin or inhaled.
DEET products should be applied onto clothing instead of skin and shouldn’t be used on children (3).
Homemade Non-Toxic Bug Repellent
This easy mixture smells wonderful and it won’t stick to your skin like conventional bug sprays. Plus, this all-natural mixture won’t harm the environment or your skin.
- 10 drops of Lavender essential oil
- one 15 oz. bottle of witch hazel
- 10-12 drops of Citronella essential oil
- 10-12 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil
- 10-12 drops of Lemongrass essential oil
Lavender can deter ticks, mosquitoes, fleas, and houseflies. Apply a bit to pulse points (behind your ear and inside your wrists) to allow the essential oils to be dissipated by your body heat (4).
Lemongrass, which closely resembles citronella keeps mosquitos at bay for hours on end. You can even plant it in your garden to keep pests away from your home (5).
Citronella is perhaps the best-known bug repellent for mosquitoes, but it works even better in combination with the other essential oils on this list.
Lemon Eucalyptus not only prevents mosquito and deer tick bites, it can also be used to treat muscle spasms and toenail fungus (6).
- Grab a few small glass bottles and divide the witch hazel between them, leaving 1/2’” of space at the top. If possible, pick bottles with a cap that allows you to spray the solution onto your skin.
- Add the essential oil to each bottle, screw on the lids of the bottles and shake well. You’ll have to shake the bottle again before each use.
- Store the bottles in a dark, cool place.
- Historical Facts Behind Cancer Fighting Drugs Will Shock You
Some cancer drugs have been around since the 1940’s. Even back then these drugs were administered to patients with cancer, …
- Revitalize Dry, Brittle Hair With Castor and Coconut Oil By Using Both at Once Like THIS
There’s nothing like dry air to make your hair unmanageable and frizzy. Although some people try to combat static and …
- Here’s Why You Need To Wash Your Hair With Apple Cider Vinegar At Least Once In Your Lifetime!
As more and more people eschew expensive, chemical-filled shampoos and conditioners for more natural hair treatments, a superhero in the …
- These 18 Brands Of Lipstick Are Full Of Cancer-Causing Heavy Metals
Could your lipstick be full of hidden toxins? Women of all ages use lipsticks and gloss to brighten or finish …
- 5 Dangers Associated With Drinking Alcohol You Don’t Know About But Should!
Sipping on a cocktail is an easy way to melt away the stresses of your day, but it comes with a hefty …
- Drink This ONE Ingredient Juice in The Morning and Evening. Sleep 90 More Minutes a Night!
With an estimated one third of Americans over the age of 65 suffering from insomnia, researchers from Louisiana State University …
- How To Get Your Newborn Baby To Stop Crying In Just 15 Seconds
Babies cry to communicate their needs with their parents. They might be hungry, tired, not feeling well or may just …
- Leading Poultry Producer Cuts Nearly All Antibiotic Use
Perdue, one of the biggest producers of chicken in the United States, issued a press release on September 3 stating …
- Doctor Sells His Practice in New Jersey, Buys Organic Farm & Begins Treating Patients Himself
Let food be thy medicine has never seemed so appropriate. Following the natural food trend, New Jersey doctor Robert Weiss …
- 7 Tips on How to Nap Like a Pro
Countless adults are short on sleep, and naps are a great way to make up for some of those lost …
- 7 Smart Ways To Lower Cholesterol Levels Naturally
Above-average cholesterol levels may be increasingly common but they definitely aren’t a good thing! As plaque builds up in artery …
- If Your Hair is Falling Out or You’re Cold and Tired All the Time – Check Your Iron Like THIS Immediately
Chronic fatigue can have multiple causes, including lack of exercise, dehydration and poor sleep quality. One of the lesser-known causes …
- The True History Of Chemotherapy & The Pharmaceutical Monopoly
Cancer isn’t just the disease of a generation, it’s been the disease of a century. While cancer charities have been …
- Food as Medicine: How One Hospital Is Using Organic Produce to Help Heal Patients
In 431 B.C. Hippocrates said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” More than 2500 years later, we …
- The EXACT Amount of Epsom Salts You Should Be Adding to Your Bath Based on Your Weight
Epsom salt may look like salt, but it’s actually magnesium sulfate, a mineral compound (1). Epsom salt can be used …