Dandruff or thinning hair can be an irritating and embarrassing situation for many people.
The good news is self-treatment can be very effective.
These three natural treatments address those pesky white flakes and boost hair growth.
Not only are they all natural, but they can easily be made at home with ingredients you probably have on hand.
1. Tea Tree Shampoo for Dandruff
Tea tree is both anti-microbial and anti-bacterial, so the fungus that causes excess skin cells can be naturally treated.
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup liquid castile soap
- 1/2 cup vegetable glycerin
- 2 teaspoons almond, grapeseed or jojoba oil
- 10 drops melaleuca or tea tree oil
Combine all the ingredients in a bottle, and be sure to shake before each use.
2. Coconut Milk Mask for thinning hair
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- hot water as needed
Combine the olive oil and coconut milk, apply the mixture to your scalp and then work the mask through your hair. Massage the mask into your scalp and through the ends of your hair. Wear a shower cap to allow heat to help with deeper penetration. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and then follow with shampoo to rinse the mask off.
3. Mint Spray to Boost Hair Growth
Mint cleanses the scalp and helps shed the build up of dead skin in the hair follicles, while stimulating them and encouraging hair growth.
- 4 cups of boiling water
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dry rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- french press or loose leaf tea infuser
You can use a french press or loose leaf tea infuser to steep the leaves until the boiling water has reached room temperature. Transfer to a spray bottle, and after you’ve shampooed your hair, spray the scalp and hair until it is evenly soaked through. Leave on for at least 5 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
- This 2-Ingredient Combination Boosts Weight Loss if You Drink it Every Morning on an Empty Stomach
Your long-term health doesn’t come down to how many diets you’ve been on or how many time’s you’ve gone on …
- Under Pressure? Use This 2-Minute Trick To Relax!
The habit of meditation is one of the most powerful things you’ll ever learn. Amazingly, it’s also one of the most …
- DIY Warming Rub For Sore Muscles
(originally written by Heather) Have You Been Lifting Cars . . . To save trapped kittens again? Bench pressing two year-olds …
- The ‘No Poo’ Experiment, Six Months Later Without Shampoo
“No Poo” is a nickname for going shampoo free… Everyone has a different experience when ditching shampoo. Here is Amber’s …
- Say Cheese! Incredible Ultrasound Captures Baby Smiling in His Mother’s Womb
5-month-old Leo David Hargreaves born in the UK has been smiling since before he was born, and he hasn’t stopped …
- Acidic Diet Increases Risk of Diabetes, Study Says
A diet high in acidic foods — meat, fish, and sodas, for instance — may put some women at greater …
- 5 Essential Lifestyle Habits for a Healthy Heart
Your heart supplies blood to all of your organs, without it functioning properly, you’re going to be in trouble! Check …
- 3 Important Things To Consider When You’re Washing Your Hair (How Often Is Too Much?)
How many times a week do you wash your hair? Every dermatologist and hair stylist has a different recommendation. It’s …
- This Simple DIY Foot Massage Will Do Wonders For Your Sleep Tonight!
The rise of technology may make life easier, but it’s also interfering with some of your important instincts and biological …
- Here’s Why You Should Never, Ever Clean Your Ears With a Q-Tip
If you’ve ever heard that you shouldn’t stick anything in your ears for any reason, you should heed that advice. …
- No, They’re NOT Really Baby Carrots – Here’s What You Need To Know
Baby carrots don’t grow in nature. They’re actually a man-made product and were first introduced into the market in 1986 as a …
- 6 Key Nutrients Women Need as They Age
The specific composition of women’s bodies means that it’s important they get enough of certain vitamins and minerals, in order …
- How Your Blood Type Affects Your Health From Heart Disease To Fertility
Most people know what their blood type is—or at least you should. Your blood group is determined by genes that …
- This Is What It Means To Season Your Cast Iron Pans With Coconut Oil
While ceramic and glass cookware have been popular for a while, old-fashioned cast iron cookware is coming back into style. These …
- How To Breathe Away Negative And Difficult Emotions
Breathing is an automatic action that sustains life. On average, you inhale about 30,000 times a day without even realizing …