Dandruff or thinning hair can be an irritating and embarrassing situation for many people.
The good news is self-treatment can be very effective.
These three natural treatments address those pesky white flakes and boost hair growth.
Not only are they all natural, but they can easily be made at home with ingredients you probably have on hand.
1. Tea Tree Shampoo for Dandruff
Tea tree is both anti-microbial and anti-bacterial, so the fungus that causes excess skin cells can be naturally treated.
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup liquid castile soap
- 1/2 cup vegetable glycerin
- 2 teaspoons almond, grapeseed or jojoba oil
- 10 drops melaleuca or tea tree oil
Combine all the ingredients in a bottle, and be sure to shake before each use.
2. Coconut Milk Mask for thinning hair
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- hot water as needed
Combine the olive oil and coconut milk, apply the mixture to your scalp and then work the mask through your hair. Massage the mask into your scalp and through the ends of your hair. Wear a shower cap to allow heat to help with deeper penetration. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and then follow with shampoo to rinse the mask off.
3. Mint Spray to Boost Hair Growth
Mint cleanses the scalp and helps shed the build up of dead skin in the hair follicles, while stimulating them and encouraging hair growth.
- 4 cups of boiling water
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dry rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- french press or loose leaf tea infuser
You can use a french press or loose leaf tea infuser to steep the leaves until the boiling water has reached room temperature. Transfer to a spray bottle, and after you’ve shampooed your hair, spray the scalp and hair until it is evenly soaked through. Leave on for at least 5 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
- 2-Ingredient Mixture to EFFECTIVELY Eliminate Earwax And Ear Infections
A lot people mistakenly think that earwax is bad. Some even find it gross and remove it from their ears every …
- 7 Little-Known Drinks That Can Help You Sleep Better Tonight
Struggling to get enough good quality sleep at night? Then perhaps you need to change what you drink before bed. …
- 5 Lifestyle Changes That Will Help You Lose Weight
To successfully lose weight, you have to make significant lifestyle changes not only in the way you eat and exercise, …
- 4 Proven Ways to Relieve Stress and Live Better
Stress is a part of life that is unavoidable. Anything can stress you out and everyone, of course, is different …
- The Scary Reason Europe Just Recalled This Whisky
A popular brand of alcohol in both the U.S. and overseas has recently been recalled for an unnerving reason… it’s content …
- When The Body Seeks Help: 10 Important Signals That You Can’t Ignore
The ultimate goal of the human body is to survive and thrive. So when something isn’t quite in sync, your …
- 5 Dangerous Dish Soaps That Are Full Of Cancer-Causing Chemicals!
Washing dishes by hand is seen as healthier than using a dishwasher, mainly because traditional dish soap typically contains fewer …
- Beating Brain Tumors With a Scorpion Sting Paint
Brain surgery is perhaps the most delicate of intrusive surgical procedures. The brain, for the most part, all looks alike–unlike …
- 2 Breathing Tricks To Help You De-Stress And Improve Digestion
Breathing is one of the most natural and essential acts for a living being. It’s an automatic reflex that requires …
- Depression May Some Day Be Diagnosed with a Blood Test
Clinical depression is a growing world-wide epidemic: 350 million people suffer from it. Unlike some other illnesses, diagnosis is often …
- 48 Foods to Balance Your Hormones, Boost Your Metabolism, and Lose Weight
Hormones are chemicals that the organs produce to regulate every function in the body. All processes are in delicate balance …
- Heal Your Varicose Veins With A Mix of Aloe Vera, Carrot And Apple Cider Vinegar
Varicose veins are caused by weakened valves and veins in your legs. They usually aren’t serious, but they can sometimes lead to …
- She Holds Coconut Oil In Her Mouth For 20 Minutes Every Day…The Effects Are Incredible!
Keeping your mouth healthy and teeth whiter just got a lot easier. All you have to start doing is add this …
- 7 Dangerous Toxins In Beauty Products That Cause Inflammation, Rashes, Skin Allergies and Cancer
These days, it seems like absolutely everything directly or indirectly causes cancer. Forget about cigarettes, air fresheners, foods additives, environmental …
- Losing Just 1 Gram of Fat In The Pancreas Will Have THIS Effect On Your Body
Losing a single gram of fat could be enough to reverse type 2 diabetes – as long as that fat …