Diabetes is one of the most common conditions to affect Americans today. In 2012, 29.1 million Americans, or 9.3% of the population, had diabetes. Of this number, only 1.25 million were affected by type 1 diabetes (1).
The condition occurs when the pancreas is either unable to use insulin or it cannot produce enough for the body’s needs. Some people may experience both phenomena at the same time.
A Serious Condition
Diabetes doesn’t affect everyone in the same way. In fact, two are reversible : gestational diabetes, which only occurs during pregnancy, and type 2 diabetes, which can be reversed by losing fat in the pancreas. In contrast, Type 1 diabetes is a permanent autoimmune condition in which the body attracts the pancreas, leaving it unable to produce insulin (2).
- Urinating often
- Feeling very thirsty
- Feeling very hungry – even though you are eating
- Extreme fatigue
- Blurry vision
- Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal
- Weight loss – even though you are eating more (type 1)
- Tingling, pain, or numbness in the hands/feet (type 2)
See also: Reversing diabetes Type-2
Mango Leaves For Diabetes
The best way to manage diabetes is by controlling your diet, getting plenty of exercise, and effectively regulating blood sugar levels.
This simple recipe can be beneficial in managing your condition naturally.
The leaves also has the ability to regulate insulin as well as reduce inflammation of the brain associated with the condition to prevent diabetes-induced Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia (7).
Read more: how much sugar is too much
- 10-15 tender mango leaves
- 2-4 cups of water
- Add leaves to a small saucepan of water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture sit overnight.
- Stain the mixture in the morning and drink it on an empty stomach.
- Make a new batch every evening and drink daily for at least 2-3 months.
If you’re using dried ground leaves, take ½ a teaspoon twice a day, before meals.
Soon enough, your condition should improve and it may even have positive effects on your weight and energy levels!
- 3 Easy Salad Recipes To Help Control Diabetes
Do you ever feel tired right after eating? Do you feel lethargic and feel like you need to take a …
- 8 Foods to Avoid with Diabetes
Diabetes is one disease that directly affects diet, and it often leaves diabetics wondering what they can eat. However, even …
- 12 Worst Foods to Avoid With Diabetes To Prevent High Blood Sugar and Weight Gain
Diabetes in the United States is growing at an alarming rate, affecting more than 29 million Americans, based on current …
- Reversing Type 2 Diabetes Naturally In 7 Steps – Never Take Insulin Or Medication Again
Diabetes is an epidemic—there’s no other way to put it. But reversing diabetes (type 2) is possible, it just requires …
- 7 Herbal and Natural Foods for Diabetes
Diabetes is considered as a disease in which the deficiency or excess of blood sugar causes other health problems. This …
- 5 Ways Swimming Helps Fight Diabetes
Swimming is a great form of exercise for many different reasons. It burns calories quickly, works out multiple parts of …
- Top 5 Veggies To Include In Your Diabetes Diet
With the way diabetes has now become a worldwide epidemic – I feel the need to stress the huge benefits …
- 10 Early Warning Signs of Diabetes That You Don’t Know But Should
Right now, without even realizing it, your body could be sending you warnings signs of diabetes. Current statistics show that …
- Short, High-Intensity Exercise Improves Insulin Production In People With Type 2 Diabetes
In previous studies, aerobic exercise is shown to improve beta-cell function and insulin production in diabetics. However, many Type 2 …
- How One Man Reversed His Type 2 Diabetes Using The 80/20 Rule For Juicing
How often do you drink juice? Most people only enjoy it once a week or so, choosing soda and coffee …
- How To Use Peppermint Essential Oil To Kick Your Sugar Habit
Sugar addiction is no joke – there’s compelling scientific evidence that addiction to refined sugar can be just as serious …
- 17 Ways to Prevent Blood Sugar Spikes and Stabilize Energy
Maintaining normal blood sugar levels is very important to your overall health. When blood sugar – or blood glucose – …
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids Prove Effective In Relieving Pain Caused by Diabetic Neuropathy
If you have diabetes, not only do you have an elevated risk of developing heart disease (among other complications), but …
- Type I Diabetic No Longer Insulin Dependent With Bioengineered ‘Pancreas’
In what is considered the biggest breakthrough in diabetic treatment since the invention of injectable insulin, a Type I diabetic …
- All It Takes Is One Boiled Egg To Control Sugar Levels In The Blood
Every time you eat, your blood sugar levels go up. This is especially true for individuals who have type 2 diabetes or …