Diabetes is one of the most common conditions to affect Americans today. In 2012, 29.1 million Americans, or 9.3% of the population, had diabetes. Of this number, only 1.25 million were affected by type 1 diabetes (1).
The condition occurs when the pancreas is either unable to use insulin or it cannot produce enough for the body’s needs. Some people may experience both phenomena at the same time.
A Serious Condition
Diabetes doesn’t affect everyone in the same way. In fact, two are reversible : gestational diabetes, which only occurs during pregnancy, and type 2 diabetes, which can be reversed by losing fat in the pancreas. In contrast, Type 1 diabetes is a permanent autoimmune condition in which the body attracts the pancreas, leaving it unable to produce insulin (2).
Here is a list of common symptoms of diabetes, according to the American Diabetes Association (3):
- Urinating often
- Feeling very thirsty
- Feeling very hungry – even though you are eating
- Extreme fatigue
- Blurry vision
- Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal
- Weight loss – even though you are eating more (type 1)
- Tingling, pain, or numbness in the hands/feet (type 2)
Mango Leaves For Diabetes
The best way to manage diabetes is by controlling your diet, getting plenty of exercise, and effectively regulating blood sugar levels.
This simple recipe can be beneficial in managing your condition naturally.
The leaves also has the ability to regulate insulin as well as reduce inflammation of the brain associated with the condition to prevent diabetes-induced Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia (7).
- 10-15 tender mango leaves
- 2-4 cups of water
- Add leaves to a small saucepan of water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture sit overnight.
- Stain the mixture in the morning and drink it on an empty stomach.
- Make a new batch every evening and drink daily for at least 2-3 months.
If you’re using dried ground leaves, take ½ a teaspoon twice a day, before meals.
Soon enough, your condition should improve and it may even have positive effects on your weight and energy levels!
- 19 Ways To Ease Pain From Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) occurs when the nerves that run through a small space in the wrist become compressed. It’s …
- How To Use Peppermint Essential Oil To Kick Your Sugar Habit
Sugar addiction is no joke – there’s compelling scientific evidence that addiction to refined sugar can be just as serious …
- 7 Easy Ways to Optimize Your Hormones (and Be Your Best at Any Age)
As its name implies, growth hormones stimulate growth, cell reproduction and regeneration in humans. Growth hormone diminishes as you age, …
- 17 Best Home Remedies for Back Pain Relief
For those of us who’ve experienced back pain, we know that there’s very little else that is as uncomfortable, inconvenient, …
- Keeping Your Gut Happy Is Key To Having a Healthy Brain (Here’s What You Can Do Right Now)
When it comes to the delicate balance of our bodies, there’s still a lot we don’t know, and it seems …
- Every Single Person Who has Cancer has a pH that is Too Acidic. Here is the Easiest Way to Check your pH Balance
A slightly alkaline environment is essential for proper cellular functions. Your gut bacteria and immune system rely on it too. …
- Anxiety Disorders are Linked to This Type of Abuse
“Stick and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me” may sound nice in theory, but it isn’t …
- 5 Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Sinus Infection
By now, you probably already know that Apple Cider Vinegar is a true lifesaver. Whether it be used to flavor …
- 6 Natural Ways To Stop And Heal Receding Gums Before It’s Too Late
According to the New York Times, more than 75% of American adults have some form of gum disease. National Institute Of …
- 5 Foods That Make Arthritis Worse (and age you faster)
Managing arthritis can be a full-time job. There are certain activities and medication to be avoided to keep pain levels …
- A Healing Cucumber and Garlic Salad: Lowers Cholesterol and Regulates High Blood Pressure
According to the Mayo Clinic, high blood pressure is a common condition in which the long-term force of the blood …
- How to Recognize a Heart Attack One Month Before it Happens
Every year, almost eight hundred thousand people in North America suffer a heart attack. Many survive but some do not, …
- 7 Lifestyle Tips and Tricks for Memory Improvement
Whether or not we want to admit it, our modern lifestyles can actually contribute to cognitive decline more than age. …
- This Anti-inflammatory Drug Destroys Your Immune System, Fight Inflammation With These Foods Instead
Prednisone is a corticosteroid drug used to treat inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, blood disorders, and breathing problems (1). But …
- 10 Reasons Why your Feet Hurt All the Time and How to Fix it
Our feet carry us around wherever we wish to go. We, however, pay them little mind unless they’re causing some …