The human body is bombarded with toxins every single day. It is in the air at work and the yard at home.
When your body is overwhelmed with these everyday toxins, it can lead to numerous negative heath conditions including cancer.
The best course of action to take to protect your health is to help your body heal by reducing inflammation and detoxifying.
One way to rid your body of harmful toxins is to consume beverages and foods which assist it in the process.
Below is a recipe for a warm spicy drink that is healthy, natural, and teeming with anti-inflammatory properties.
Sign up to get our free newsletter in your inbox daily.
This drink not only reduces toxins, but also gives your immune system a much needed boost.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Fresh or Powdered, Organic Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Organic Cinnamon Bark or Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Organic, Unrefined, Unbleached, Non-deodorized Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Honey
- 1 Cup of Hot Water
- Bring the water to a boil in a tea pot or sauce pan.
- Place the ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon is a small, ceramic or glass bowl.
- Pour hot water over spices, cover the bowl, and allow the mixture to steep for at least 10 minutes.
- Strain tea off of the spices into a large mug and melt coconut oil as well as honey into the tea.
- Discard used spices and enjoy.
Ginger is not difficult to find or extremely expensive. It is indigenous to parts of China and has been used in traditional medicine for centuries, perhaps millennia.
This anti-inflammatory food is effective in treating digestive problems, nausea, hangover and gases.
Turmeric can relieve gas, eliminate intestinal parasites, and can be effective in treating arthritis.
Similar to ginger, turmeric has been found to be anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and possess antioxidant as well as anticarcinogenic properties among many others.
Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants, which protect the body from free radicals. This bark has also been found to provide protection from cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and diabetes.
Unrefined Coconut oil
The best grade of coconut oil is unrefined and is often referred to as “virgin.”
Refined coconut oil loses almost all of its health benefits. Evidence of its antibacterial and antimicrobial potential was found effective against negative intestinal bacteria as well as parasites.
This also includes gingivitis causing plaque and other oral microbial infections. In addition, coconut oil also help protect against oxidative stress.
The medicinal uses of honey has been known for thousands of years. Ancient cultures most commonly used it to treat digestive discomforts and in healing wounds.