How do you know if your body is unwell ?
Your digestive system will make you bloated and sore, your lungs will leave you breathless or lightheaded, and your heart will give you pain or start to beat in a strange way.
But what about all your other organs?
You don’t even notice your liver or kidneys until they’re diseased or in a critical state.
However, just because you don’t feel them, doesn’t mean you should ignore them. The liver, for one, not only detoxifies your body, it also stores sugar and nutrients, breaks down hemoglobin, insulin, and hormones, converts ammonia to urea, supports metabolism, and destroys old red blood cells (1).
How To Care For Your Liver
Since your liver filters out waste and toxins, everything you ingest passes through it. The easiest way to keep your liver healthy is by eating organic, whole foods with plenty of fiber and nutrients.
It’s also important to eat regularly, abstain from alcohol as much as possible, and take it easy on the sweets. And last but not least, stay away from over-the-counter pills and prescriptions drugs as much as possible.
If you find yourself indulging a bit too much, detox your liver with this simple drink to make your liver feel brand new!
- One handful of fresh mint leaves
- ½- 1 cup of organic pure orange juice with pulp
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice + 1tsp lemon rind
- 1 liter of filtered water
- Raw honey (to taste)
- Add mint to the boiling water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and add lemon rind.
- Remove from heat and wait until cool.
- Add orange and lemon juice as well as honey.
- Mix well and enjoy throughout the day.
Here’s what each ingredient does:
Oranges are high in vitamin C, which fights inflammation, and prevents cardiovascular disease, eye diseases, and immune system deficiencies (2).
Pulp found in orange juice can also act as a sponge to help expel bile, which contains all the toxic material the liver filters out of your blood.
Lemon is the liver detox food by excellence. It contains large amounts of Citrate, which inhibits the activity of toxins and enhances your body’s ability to naturally remove them. Dutch researchers have also found that compound in lemon peel helps lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, which be beneficial in treating fatty liver disease (3).
The BMC (BioMed Centra) Pharmacology magazine also published a study which found that hesperidin (a citrus bioflavonoid found in lemons) has hepatoprotective abilities.
Mint contains a beneficial amount phytoestrogens that protect the against the hepatitis C virus. While too many phytoestrogens can cause reproductive problems and lead to estrogen-sensitive cancers, a small amount found in mint and other plants inhibiting viral RNA replication (4).
- 3 Homemade Treatments For Dandruff and Thinning Hair
Dandruff or thinning hair can be an irritating and embarrassing situation for many people. The good news is self-treatment can …
- The Benefits of Standing Desks
If you’re a business owner or have a home office, you might be interested to learn about the benefits of …
- Smart Meter Radiation 100 Times Greater Than Cell Phones—And Exposure Is Constant, Doctors Warn
Smart meters appeared on the power grid scene as a way for electric companies to take readings of customers’ usage …
- 10+ Signs You Have a Toxic Tooth Infection and How to Treat it Without Going to the Dentist
There are three types of dental abscess: Ginginval – infection of gum tissue Periodontal – infection in supporting bone tissue …
- DIY Warming Rub For Sore Muscles
(originally written by Heather) Have You Been Lifting Cars . . . To save trapped kittens again? Bench pressing two year-olds …
- To Lose Weight, Eating Less Is Far More Important Than Exercising More
There is no question that engaging in a regular exercise regimen affords innumerable health benefits. From cardiovascular strength to staving …
- He Puts a Tea Bag Inside His Car For One GENIUS Reason Not Many People Know!
Do you love tea? If you’ve got tons of tea bags sitting in your kitchen cabinet then you’re in for a …
- What Is Microwave Cooking Doing To Your Health?
Is it possible that millions of people are ignorantly sacrificing their health in exchange for the convenience of microwave ovens? …
- What Happens When You Eat 3 Whole Eggs Every Day…You’ll Be Surprised What It Does To Your Body!
Why eat more eggs? A few years ago, health organizations issued a warning about the cholesterol contained in eggs. Like many other …
- The Common Habits You Need To Stop Immediately To Cut Your Dementia Risk In Half
For many, it’s their worst nightmare: coming to the twilight years and being unable to function independently, unable to perform …
- Monsanto’s Glyphosate Poisoning Lake Erie, Causing Toxic Algae Blooms Responsible For Killing Fish
Mention the name “Monsanto” and you are sure to get a rise from almost everyone these days. This behemoth biotech …
- Doctors Scoff At THIS Natural Remedy For Rheumatoid Arthritis—But It Works!
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a hereditary auto-immune disease, unlike osteoarthritis, which is a degenerative joint disease most often caused by …
- Marijuana Drastically Shrinks Aggressive Form Of Brain Cancer, Study Finds
Over the past few years, research has revealed that marijuana can both destroy certain cancer cells and reduce the growth …
- E-Cigarettes Are 95% Less Harmful Than Regular Cigarettes But They Still Contain Harmful Carcinogens
E-cigarettes, while less toxic than they’re non-electronic counterparts, are not nearly as harmless as advertised. A recent Centers for Disease …
- 5 Juices To STOP Drinking Immediately. They’re Loaded With Cancer-Causing Arsenic!
If you have children at home, then you know how juice can be a godsend in helping your children meet …