How do you know if your body is unwell ?
Your digestive system will make you bloated and sore, your lungs will leave you breathless or lightheaded, and your heart will give you pain or start to beat in a strange way.
But what about all your other organs?
You don’t even notice your liver or kidneys until they’re diseased or in a critical state.
However, just because you don’t feel them, doesn’t mean you should ignore them. The liver, for one, not only detoxifies your body, it also stores sugar and nutrients, breaks down hemoglobin, insulin, and hormones, converts ammonia to urea, supports metabolism, and destroys old red blood cells (1).
How To Care For Your Liver
Since your liver filters out waste and toxins, everything you ingest passes through it. The easiest way to keep your liver healthy is by eating organic, whole foods with plenty of fiber and nutrients.
It’s also important to eat regularly, abstain from alcohol as much as possible, and take it easy on the sweets. And last but not least, stay away from over-the-counter pills and prescriptions drugs as much as possible.
If you find yourself indulging a bit too much, detox your liver with this simple drink to make your liver feel brand new!
- One handful of fresh mint leaves
- ½- 1 cup of organic pure orange juice with pulp
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice + 1tsp lemon rind
- 1 liter of filtered water
- Raw honey (to taste)
- Add mint to the boiling water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and add lemon rind.
- Remove from heat and wait until cool.
- Add orange and lemon juice as well as honey.
- Mix well and enjoy throughout the day.
Here’s what each ingredient does:
Oranges are high in vitamin C, which fights inflammation, and prevents cardiovascular disease, eye diseases, and immune system deficiencies (2).
Pulp found in orange juice can also act as a sponge to help expel bile, which contains all the toxic material the liver filters out of your blood.
Lemon is the liver detox food by excellence. It contains large amounts of Citrate, which inhibits the activity of toxins and enhances your body’s ability to naturally remove them. Dutch researchers have also found that compound in lemon peel helps lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, which be beneficial in treating fatty liver disease (3).
The BMC (BioMed Centra) Pharmacology magazine also published a study which found that hesperidin (a citrus bioflavonoid found in lemons) has hepatoprotective abilities.
Mint contains a beneficial amount phytoestrogens that protect the against the hepatitis C virus. While too many phytoestrogens can cause reproductive problems and lead to estrogen-sensitive cancers, a small amount found in mint and other plants inhibiting viral RNA replication (4).
- Carrots and Other Carotenoid-Rich Vegetables Boost Male Fertility
‘Carotenoids’ is the group name given to: alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, lutein and lycopene – all of which have been found …
- E-Cigarettes Are 95% Less Harmful Than Regular Cigarettes But They Still Contain Harmful Carcinogens
E-cigarettes, while less toxic than they’re non-electronic counterparts, are not nearly as harmless as advertised. A recent Centers for Disease …
- A Compromised Liver Is Never a Good Sign…Thank God That Milk Thistle Exists!
Many herbs have tremendous medicinal value and have been used for thousands of years. As Western society catches up with other cultures that …
- What Your Doctor Doesn’t Know About Nutritional Medicine May Be Killing You
Dr Ray Strand’s What Your Doctor Doesn’t Know About Nutritional Medicine May Be Killing You was originally published over ten …
- 3 Important Things To Consider When You’re Washing Your Hair (How Often Is Too Much?)
How many times a week do you wash your hair? Every dermatologist and hair stylist has a different recommendation. It’s …
- U.S. Bill HR4432 Would Pre-empt States’ Regulations on GMO Labeling
Last year, a bill was introduced in Congress to override individual states’ requirements for labeling food that contains genetically-modified organisms …
- 110-Year-Old Man Reveals The 5 Foods Responsible For His Flawless Health
A man named Bernardo LaPallo is over 110 years old, although most would think he is younger. Like many living to be …
- WATCH: Shocking Video Shows How Unhealthy Eating Habits From Childhood Can Be Dangerous
A short film released recently by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is looking to make a point about the impact that …
- Turmeric Protects Skin from UVB Radiation and Aging, Concludes Japanese Study
The Holy Powder of India, turmeric, is spreading its healing influence around the world, blessing the open mind with its …
- How To Cure a Minor Stiff Neck In Just 10 Seconds Using Nothing But a Towel!
How To Get Rid Of A Stiff Neck Sitting all day in front of the computer is one of the …
- How To Use Manuka Honey To Fight Inflammation, Diabetes And Cancer
Honey is one of nature’s greatest gifts. As well as being a nutritious and delicious food, the golden syrup has …
- Vitamin E Plays a Key Role in The Production of Compounds Needed For Carrying DHA to The Brain
Easy to get if you’re eating the right foods, one simple nutrient could be the key to better brain health …
- This Is What Iceland Decided To Do This With Its Last McDonald’s Meal EVER Sold!
When McDonald’s closed it’s doors in Iceland in 2009 , the last meal purchased – a burger and fries bought …
- How To Get Silky Smooth Feet With This Natural Treatment Using Baking Soda
Soft, well groomed smooth feet are important to many woman. With uncomfortable shoe designs, errands to run, and jobs that …
- What Is Microwave Cooking Doing To Your Health?
Is it possible that millions of people are ignorantly sacrificing their health in exchange for the convenience of microwave ovens? …