Eastern healing methods have really gained traction in the western world recently, despite having been introduced over half a century ago.
Medical experts have even begun examining the effects of reiki, reflexology and acupuncture on the brain and body.
The problem with these healing methods is that they are difficult to perform on one’s self and require a relaxing space to do them in.
Luckily, there is Jin Shin Jyutsu, a Japanese healing art that can be performed by anyone, anywhere and at any time.
What Is Jin Shin Jyutsu?
Jin Shin Jyutsu is the knowing of the three main vital energy pathways, known as “The Trinity”, which descend and ascend within the body.
These pathways harmonize and balance the mind, body, and spirit, connecting through twenty-six key energy point locations within the body.
These key points are called Safety Energy Factors. They unlock and release stagnated or blocked energy and tension allowing the energy to flow freely in its natural harmonious pattern. via JinShinInstitute
It was brought to the modern world by Jiro Murai, who became terminally ill at 26 and went to the forest prepared to face death. He spent a week experimenting in meditation and self-discovery, and emerged from the forest as a healthy man. Following this experience, he chose to dedicate his life to gathering knowledge on traditional healing from every imaginable source: be it the imperial archives or the tales of slum-dwellers (1).
It was then that he rediscovered Jin Shin Jyutsu, an art of self-discovery and healing which is believed to have existed for a few thousand years. His disciple, Mary Burmeister, then brought it to the USA in the 1950s and founded the Jin Shin Institute (2).
Jin Shin Jyutsu health benefits (3):
- Eases pain
• Boosts the immune system
• Improves sleep
• Improves circulation and muscle tone
• Relieves back, neck, shoulder pain, sciatica, slip disk
• Helps to manage depression, anxiety, PTSD,
• Improves carpal tunnel Syndrome, tennis elbow,
• Eases IBS & acid reflux
• Stimulates healing of skin conditions, like eczema
• Helps manage chronic conditions
• Regulates blood pressure
How To Practice Jin Shin Jyutsu
To practice Jin Shin Jyutsu on the go, start by holding your left thumb with your right hand, placing your right thumb on the underside with your fingers wrapped around your left thumb. Breathe deeply as you apply gentle pressure on this finger. Proceed to repeat this process with every finger.
Here’s what each finger symbolizes:
- Thumb – Worry
- Index – Fear
- Middle Finger – Anger
- Ring Finger – Sadness
- Pinky – Struggle
Listen to your intuition and spend as much as you need for each finger and make sure to do it on both hands. If you’re in a pinch, just focus on the finger which resonates the most with your emotional challenge.
- Adding This Vitamin To Your Diet Lowers Your Risk of Frequent Migraines By 50%
There’s nothing more debilitating than a headache in the middle of the work day. It can make your whole day …
- How To Use Honey And Cinnamon To Lower Cholesterol And Boost Immune System
Honey and cinnamon both have incredible healing properties that can help you avoid pharmaceutical drugs. Best of all, they taste …
- How to Grow an Endless Supply of Lemons From Seed (This Will Last You a Lifetime)
Learning how to grow a lemon tree from seed is surprisingly rewarding and easy. While lemon trees tend to flourish outdoors year-round in …
- This Japanese Facial Massage Will Rejuvenate Your Skin And Make You Look 10 Years Younger
The techniques used in this massage stimulates the lymph nodes, thus speeding up the discharge of toxins and excess fluids …
- A Compromised Liver Is Never a Good Sign…Thank God That Milk Thistle Exists!
Many herbs have tremendous medicinal value and have been used for thousands of years. As Western society catches up with other cultures that …
- 5 Painful Ways Excess Abdominal Fat Is Robbing You of Your Health
“1/3 of U.S. adults are obese.” By now, most of us are well aware of the health risks that are associated with …
- Doctors in UK Propose Ban on Cigarettes for People Born After 2000
In a bold and courageous move, the British Medical Association (BMA) passed a motion to pressure enactment of a law …
- Improve Liver, Adrenal Gland And Kidney Functions With Activated Charcoal
In 1831, Professor Touery (in the presence of his colleagues at the French Academy of Medicine) drank a lethal dose of strychnine and …
- 6 Plants that Will Help Keep Your House Naturally Cool
There’s something about house plants that makes a place homier. Bringing green into your home feels comforting, especially in winter …
- The DIY Cayenne Pepper Ointment Anyone With Psoriasis Needs to Know How to Make
Psoriasis isn’t really a skin condition—it’s a manifestation of an auto-immune condition. And a painful and unsightly one at that. T-cells …
- High Blood Sugar May Increase Chances of Memory Trouble, Study Shows
A recent study has demonstrated that high blood sugar levels, and not even those high enough to cause pre or …
- Smart Meter Radiation 100 Times Greater Than Cell Phones—And Exposure Is Constant, Doctors Warn
Smart meters appeared on the power grid scene as a way for electric companies to take readings of customers’ usage …
- US Continues to Lead World In Obesity Rates
We talk about an “obesity epidemic” in the United States, but did you know that the US is the most …
- Study Finds 1 in 3 Cases of Alzheimer’s is Preventable.
First, the statistics: over 5 million people currently have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in the United States alone, almost …
- This Is What Happens To Your Heart When You Sit Still For More Than 6 Hours At a Time
Have you ever thought about how many hours you actually spend sitting in a day? More and more studies are …