Eastern healing methods have really gained traction in the western world recently, despite having been introduced over half a century ago.
Medical experts have even begun examining the effects of reiki, reflexology and acupuncture on the brain and body.
The problem with these healing methods is that they are difficult to perform on one’s self and require a relaxing space to do them in.
Luckily, there is Jin Shin Jyutsu, a Japanese healing art that can be performed by anyone, anywhere and at any time.
What Is Jin Shin Jyutsu?
Jin Shin Jyutsu is the knowing of the three main vital energy pathways, known as “The Trinity”, which descend and ascend within the body.
These pathways harmonize and balance the mind, body, and spirit, connecting through twenty-six key energy point locations within the body.
These key points are called Safety Energy Factors. They unlock and release stagnated or blocked energy and tension allowing the energy to flow freely in its natural harmonious pattern. via JinShinInstitute
It was brought to the modern world by Jiro Murai, who became terminally ill at 26 and went to the forest prepared to face death. He spent a week experimenting in meditation and self-discovery, and emerged from the forest as a healthy man. Following this experience, he chose to dedicate his life to gathering knowledge on traditional healing from every imaginable source: be it the imperial archives or the tales of slum-dwellers (1).
It was then that he rediscovered Jin Shin Jyutsu, an art of self-discovery and healing which is believed to have existed for a few thousand years. His disciple, Mary Burmeister, then brought it to the USA in the 1950s and founded the Jin Shin Institute (2).
Jin Shin Jyutsu health benefits (3):
- Eases pain
• Boosts the immune system
• Improves sleep
• Improves circulation and muscle tone
• Relieves back, neck, shoulder pain, sciatica, slip disk
• Helps to manage depression, anxiety, PTSD,
• Improves carpal tunnel Syndrome, tennis elbow,
• Eases IBS & acid reflux
• Stimulates healing of skin conditions, like eczema
• Helps manage chronic conditions
• Regulates blood pressure
How To Practice Jin Shin Jyutsu
To practice Jin Shin Jyutsu on the go, start by holding your left thumb with your right hand, placing your right thumb on the underside with your fingers wrapped around your left thumb. Breathe deeply as you apply gentle pressure on this finger. Proceed to repeat this process with every finger.
Here’s what each finger symbolizes:
- Thumb – Worry
- Index – Fear
- Middle Finger – Anger
- Ring Finger – Sadness
- Pinky – Struggle
Listen to your intuition and spend as much as you need for each finger and make sure to do it on both hands. If you’re in a pinch, just focus on the finger which resonates the most with your emotional challenge.
- How To Unclog a Smelly Drain In Minutes WITHOUT Using Toxic Drain Cleaner!
There’s nothing worse than waking up in the morning, stepping into the shower to wash up and being woken up …
- 6 Natural Alternatives to Over-The-Counter Painkillers (Ibuprofen)
When it comes to pain and over-the-counter painkillers, Ibuprofen often seems to be the GP’s go-to drug of choice; however …
- He Put 3 Sponges In The Refrigerator – When You See Why, You Will Do The Same Thing!
The fresher your food, the more nutrients it retains. This is a basic concept that everyone understands. So what can do …
- Cancer-Stricken Woman Gets Layoff Letter After Boss Learns She’s Fighting the Disease
This story sends a pall over the whole medical profession. It also re-affirms faith in love. Carol Jumper had worked …
- Instantly Rejuvenate Your Health By Fixing These 3 Bodily Systems
Health experts spend their whole lives trying to understand how the human body works and even they, themselves admit how difficult this …
- Scientists In Amsterdam Just Destroyed Breast Cancer Tumors In 11 Days Without Chemo
For many women, breast cancer may seem like a death sentence. But scientists in Europe may have found a new …
- No Evidence of Aloe Vera Found in the Aloe Vera at Wal-Mart, CVS
Aloe vera is one of the most popular home remedies throughout the Americas. While it used to be a folk …
- Couple Donates $33.7 Million To Medical Cannabis Research After Cannabis Cured Granddaughter’s Epilepsy
Katelyn Lambert of Sydney, Australia has a rare form of epilepsy called Dravet syndrome. It is characterized by frequent and …
- 5 Ways to Reduce Inflammation Naturally
Inflammation is categorized as a condition that is physical and in which a certain part of the body becomes swollen, …
- 6 Serious Signs of Atrial Fibrillation and Stroke
The connection between stroke and atrial fibrillation can be a life or death matter. According to the National Stroke Association, …
- Guaranteed! Whiten Your Yellow Teeth In Less Than 2 Minutes!
Every picture in every magazine seems to show people with beautifully aligned, white teeth. While Photoshop likely has a hand …
- High Blood Sugar May Increase Chances of Memory Trouble, Study Shows
A recent study has demonstrated that high blood sugar levels, and not even those high enough to cause pre or …
- 7 Surprising Benefits You Get From Listening to More Music
Music is a universal language that doesn’t need to be translated to be understood by people from around the world. …
- Why Your Feet And Hands Are ALWAYS Cold (And How to Fix It!)
Your body’s circulation system is responsible for sending blood, oxygen, and nutrients throughout your body. When blood flow to a …
- What Happens If You Drink Water With Honey On An Empty Stomach!
Honey is often used to enhance the flavor of hot and cold beverages. It’s also used to increase the nutritional value …